I want to make a website meant to inform a large amount of people on a specific subject. It’s non profit...

I want to make a website meant to inform a large amount of people on a specific subject. It’s non profit, so I don’t exactly want to spend a monthly fee from using someone’s website builder; however I cannot code. I’m willing to pay for a domain name, the other thing (can’t remember what it is).
Ideally, I’d like to have a simple site that looks pretty modern.
>main page that asks for which language (English or ____)
>a page in each of the two languages with information all the way down, maybe a 1, 2, 3, etc.
What are my options? Is there a builder that I can do this with, or should I just pay someone to create my site, and give me the keys to edit?

Attached: 8A88DB82-2B78-493E-94C0-904BE95B7151.jpg (480x473, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4WR7EFFLF04
youtube.com/watch?v=h9LWVkg5eIA
rankem123.com
daily-yak.com
stackoverflow.com/questions/5717126/var-or-no-var-in-javascripts-for-in-loop
daily-yak.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>however I cannot code
yikes

This video is sponsored by Squarespace weather you need a domain, website or online store make it with squarespace

Unironically this. For your needs, just use a stock website builder and do it yourself. They're designed for plebs like you. Don't pay someone to make a bespoke website for you, it'll cost way more than you need to spend.

epic reddit image bro

But seriously, Jow Forums was made to discuss japanese things like anime. And the swastika of good fortune in Japan.

Attached: 1527101233859.jpg (688x623, 113K)

Squarespace costs like 11 bucks a month
But retards like OP deserve to pay that

we call those facebook groups

That's why I’m asking for a cheap alternative.
Sorry that I’m in college full time, and can’t be a big brain boi like you that has nothing else to put time into.

You've wasted more time already making these threads than it would have taken you to copy and paste some html
I made simple websites in middle school, you should be able to do that

If you want something cheaper then you'll start to look into server.

You can start with aws ec2 and install wordpress on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4WR7EFFLF04

then do some dns to link server to domain

youtube.com/watch?v=h9LWVkg5eIA

I'll cost $4.5/ month. (Free tier will cost $0.5/ month)

It shouldn't be that difficult. Even a retard can do this.

>choose a cheap webhoster
>it probably offers 1 click install for wordpress
>add one of the free multilanguage addons
>done

Attached: C7U6v2WVSAbHi1Im_FcpYiEM6AImtskgz8PUzihT7hc.jpg (768x1022, 183K)

>bespoke
big cringe

use Wordpress

Doesn’t Wordpress cost monthly too?
Really? Awesome!! I’ll look into it. Could I somehow combine this withThank you so much user. But could I do the above or is Wordpress totally free? (Sorry for asking; I clearly know little about this stuff ant there are so many options; it’s kinda overwhelming)

no
i use wordpress for my little site
i forget how i put it together lol, i'm like you i knew nothign abotu tech

but it is possible, you just tie it into your doman/webhosting somehow

i don't pay anything

i only pay yearly or biyearly for domain and hosting (form different places)

lol why is that cringe, he was literally just adding specificity to his sentence.

Are you ESL?

wordpress is free software but you have to either install it somewhere yourself or use a service like blogger.com
Some hosters also install it for you with one click

Facebook.

Oh, cool! Thank you user. :) Wordpress it is. I’m goi g to learn some html also.

so just learn to program
webshit is not particularly hard

OP, I would be willing to create the site for you for free. Reply if you're interested.

I can make a goofy website that looks like a child designed it, but I can deliver functionality and handle the whole stack myself. I also don't need money and would be willing to handle basic costs (getting an EC2 instance, setting up a server, etc) myself. All I want is to work on a project that people actually use.

Here are two websites I created previously:

rankem123.com
daily-yak.com

If you can supply an audience and a design or idea I can supply a website.

What's your stack?

I'm using react now for the front end. The server code I write in Python. Dynamo or sqlite3 for the data layer.

Have you ever worked in django? I've looked at your js for Rankem123. Seems pretty impressive. I'm not sure, but I don't think you should use var in for loops because var leaks to global scope.

I’d just slap you a simple HTML thang together, if you’re interested
[email protected]

I want to become glorious NEET lifestyle. I plan to make cookie cutter sites for local business. There are a few small body shops nearby. I want to make them sites where they can host their before and after pictures. Can I do that with minimum effort? please show me.

Also, I'm currently working on a small image sharing site. Do you want to collaborate?

I'm certainly open to it. Where are you with the project at the moment, what's your stack, and what areas do you need help with?

Thanks. I've not tried Django.

Regarding var in for loops, rankem is the first thing I've used JavaScript for that's a real project (i.e. not solving coding problems or messing around). It's certainly possible/probable that I've got some conventions wrong. However, I think it is correct to use var in a loop declaration in order to make sure JavaScript uses the variable you want (i.e. so you don't accidentally use a different variable in an outer scope) and because you're declaring a mutable variable.

stackoverflow.com/questions/5717126/var-or-no-var-in-javascripts-for-in-loop

Email me: [email protected]

How would it look?

Just go to namecheap. Register a domain + webhosting. With Wordpress.

Simple and minimalistic. Depending on the number of articles, there would either be a main site with links in the middle for all the articles, or they could be placed horizontally in a navigation bar if there's a small number of them. You'd have a special admin site where you can upload your articles and they'd appear on the site.

Anyhow, you can email me here:
[email protected]

Google netlify.

You're welcome.

Attached: -QCprxH1WKKtXXppJGpjuh7nVap3YzssXXozMdIVwBk.jpg (640x866, 135K)

11 bucks is not that bad desu. Just skip buying coffee three times a month,

>rankem123.com
This is genuinely cool. I was looking for a less resource-intensive alternative to Strawpoll. Thanks for the link user.
>daily-yak.com/
Why does this require Javascript?
I see nothing on there that wouldn't be possible with just HTML and CSS.

Thanks. Rankem is different from strawpoll in that you "rank" things rather than just vote for which you prefer. So, if you have three options you'd order them:

A
B
C

And then the end results show you the preference of all voters. The preference is what percentage of the maximum possible vote an option has.

Regarding daily-yak, I wrote it using react, which requires JavaScript.

>rankem123.com
>daily-yak.com
I would still need to get hosting and a domain name, right?

Yes. My approach to doing this is to buy a domain name and get an EC2 instance.

>I don't have time to learn programming

one hour a day keeps the dumb nigger away

Just search it faggot, the only skill you need is google-fu.

>132 bucks/year for a shitty blog

Use neocities

>I want to make a website meant to inform a large amount of people on a specific subject.
Try this, OP.

Attached: sdg9.gif (239x216, 230K)

What info?

What is an EC2 instance?
Also, when you get a domain, is the host included within that whole deal?

kidnap a businessman at gunpoint on live tv? I don't know what you're trying to imply

Can one code a website in python?

Attached: 3025F01F-B2C2-4E7F-A9EF-D23E1936E1E5.jpg (764x890, 182K)

Sure, but it still has to respond with HTML.

Based google

Attached: toddler.png (671x584, 72K)

just learn HTML that's all you need
you can learn all you need in one evening

Still needs to buy a domain and host. Why not just use a free builder?

>I cannot code
>polmeme
>wants to spread propaganda

Attached: 1564277883693s.jpg (247x249, 7K)

An EC2 instance is a virtual machine made available by Amazon's AWS. Basically, it's a computer that sits in the cloud listening on a virtual IP address. It runs the server component of the website.

A domain isn't included. The domain costs about 12 dollars a year (for a .com that is untaken, other top level domains cost different amounts). When you buy the domain you can tell it what IP address to point at. I buy a domain and point it to the EC2 instance, on the EC2 instance run some code that will return a website to any request at port 80, and done.

why not learn to do it yourself?

Attached: 1333551350_anatoliy-karpov.jpg (444x333, 33K)