Why buy an expensive mini split when you can put in a window AC yourself?

Attached: 1556317727992.png (414x384, 56K)

Mini split is quieter, more efficient, and doesn't take up a window.

wtf dude, the winter is coming and you want to talk air conditioning?

tfw the botnet wants me to be hot

Some states don't get winter (Florida, etc)

You buy a new heater in the summer and a new ac in the fall because the hvac companies jew you when the demand is higher for one.

>All this glow in the dark shit
How do I strip the fuck out of it ?

>he buys AC in July

You can't, Congressmen make it illegal to temper with the hardware

My HOA won't let me.

Pretty sure that's not true with air conditioners but that's why the phrase "shoot, shovel, shut up" exists

Because I don't have windows that allow windows AC, and because I can install mini split myself, because I found old fridge on the side of the rode, I removed compressor from it (releasing precious R-12 gas), and I now can suck vacuum from AC system. With thick 20W50 oil it pulls decent vacuum, water starts boiling.

Pro-tip: if you can find cheap ass mini split, you can install it without vacuum pump. Depress schrader valve and release some gas, so it flushes lineset. It won't remove moisture 100%, but better than nothing
Mini splits can be used as heat pumps

>Pro-tip: if you can find cheap ass mini split, you can install it without vacuum pump. Depress schrader valve and release some gas, so it flushes lineset. It won't remove moisture 100%, but better than nothing
it's people like you that ruined warranties for the rest of us. SHAME

Get on-off AC with mechanical regulator.
No botnet. Wiring is simple ass

Hehehe.
This is why cheapass you do it only with cheapass unit.
Also, it is their fault they don't install anti-acid filter-dryers into those. I guess they think POE oil is good enough filter

Btw, do they have anti-acid filters that can be installed on copper lineset using flares?

>not having central air
WTF bros

I wish faggots like you were in jail.

Seething HVAC scammer. I'm not paying $500 for $400 mini split installation. Fuck warranty, and most importantly, fuck f-gas laws

Is there a way to cool your house without AC?

You could use a peltier but that is significantly less efficient. Swamp coolers are an option in arizona.

I mean, without any sorts of heat pumps (typical compressor AC, Peltiers).
>Swamp coolers are an option in arizona.
Those don't work in my area. Too humid

I'm just curios what can I do to minimize AC power consumption (preferably to zero).

A big block of ice

This requires AC. Well, industrial freezer or fridge

You could import ice from the north pole

You need AC so it doesn't melt on the trip to your house though.