Cent os

Cent os
I thought cent os was supposed to be professional and functional. I fired it up in a vm and it runs like absolute garbage. Mouse pointer freezes, stuttering, the interface is awful. Is gnome really that bad? Why is this the only distro that shits itself when running in a vm? What the fuck is redhat doing?

Attached: centos.jpg (1200x794, 56K)

>gnome

Attached: a250x2.gif (320x240, 1.37M)

>old kernel
You did this to yourself

5 shekels have been deposited in your ubuntu account

How fucking old is the kernel? Im using 3 year old hardware (7600k)

I use it every day. Nothing wrong with it.

3.x was released July 2011
CentOS 7 had 3.10

>installing a gui on a server

>Look mom I posed it again!

Professional = slow.
If you want sexy and fast, go with hobbyists. For me, it's gotta be Arch Linux.

Attached: euphoria.webm (338x180, 234K)

redhat more like rohit

>blaming the distribution on GNOME
just stick with ubuntu or arch if you're this dumb

>What is enterprise level stability?

Install latest kernel from elrepo.org

Manually updating kernels seems like the opposite of professional business software.

Buying the latest gayman laptop seems like the opposite of professional business software to me.

To be honest I just use Ubuntu server 18.04lts once you get to cli only there very little difference between all of the server varients other than the package manager. So just pick a stable desktop distro and grab the server varient.

what resources did you dedicate to the vm? centos, even with gnome, runs just fine for me as a daily driver. i'm running it in containers on proxmox, vms in kvm, bare metal on about a million different hardware configurations. it's solid. perhaps you're a fucking dolt?

don't bother, this hoard is full of retards making threads shooting themselves in the foot

7.7.1908 is absolute shit

we aren't on 7 anymore grandpa

Legit question: Just how many of you folks actuially use linux in an enterprise environment and/or (commercially) develop for it?

>I thought cent os was supposed to be professional and functional.
it is but gnome is usually uninstalled when used on a real server b/c system resources and security. also anybody working on the server should know CLI

Attached: 1563507935405.png (167x260, 85K)

Attached: 1544493651451.jpg (1009x969, 170K)