Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: 1 Gyxr7FevO4GDJeVJG5N2oQ.png (424x318, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BCGW85X/ref=psdcmw_13896597011_t1_B01CV9G1BO
amazon.com/Crucial-BX500-240GB-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B07G3L3DRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=bx500&qid=1569178195&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/56lgte/i_need_the_old_version_of_shadowplay_back/d8kjyv7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html
wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop
askubuntu.com/questions/178481/how-to-download-an-mp3-track-from-a-youtube-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do some compositors on desktops make your eyes/head hurt? would that be an expected reaction?

Redpill me on ReactOS Jow Forums.

So, im trying to set up a smart recording system for my small business.
The idea is, when im going to assemble a order, i add the Order number to my PC, and press start
Upon start, it will access the folder named after the order number, and will activate my camera, dumping any footage to that folder until i stop the process.

Is there any FOSS software that allows me to do it?

How actually useful are database normal forms and functional dependencies and other shit like that they make me learn at uni?

I'm switching to Linux from Windows. I don't want to make a thread for this because I assume this gets asked a lot: What's distro do you recommend for me?
I want a light-weight, fast system for no special tasks besides normie stuff such as browsing, spotify, maybe a steam game here and there, that just works out of the box. However, I also want to learn Linux, so nothing that is too restrictive in how you can interact with it. I want to tinker with it a bit. And I don't mind some minor breakages (example: printer not working after update), since they force me to learn in order to find the solution.
I think rolling release sounds good. A major update every few months is a turn off for me, and I expect the annoyance level of "minor problem here and there" or "big ass problem every few months" to be about the same (maybe I am mistaken here though). So therefore I think Manjaro sound good to me. From what I read it is the noob-version of Arch, meaning you can install and use it without problems but also have opportunities to cause yourself some fuck-ups which you can then fix. Thoughts?
Another distro I consider is Solus, however it seems to have a small community and this combined with the fact that it's not based on anything will make researching solutions much harder I assume.
Sorry for the massive text wall.

I'm a brainlet with R

i'm partial to debian. best software support and it just werks.

Debian

Are there any GOOD tech podcast, besides Security Now and Linus's Wam Show?

The one's I tried have so much unapologetic political faggotry it's unbearable. One was cheering for hate speech-laws to be brought into the US, other had a women in tech segment where they say how sexist men are, and how they are putting womyn down, etc.

Attached: boomer security podcast.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

Can I refrigerate my pc? I was wondering just the other day but wouldn't it be really good to squeeze out performance from CPUs and GPUs if they were cooled with temperature controlled Freon rather than say air or water cooling? Do people use generic fans because it is simply less power consuming or are there other issues with doing that?

>Linus's Wam Show
Linus is oddly based for a mainstream jewtuber I'm glad he's successful because I legitimately enjoy a lot of the shit they push out

Is there any kind of "hacked" old version of Geforce Experience that doesnt auto-update and that works with modern nvidia drivers?
Nvidia Share fucking blows

My grandpa needs a new pc,
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BCGW85X/ref=psdcmw_13896597011_t1_B01CV9G1BO

If I were to buy this desktop and then add this ssd.

amazon.com/Crucial-BX500-240GB-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B07G3L3DRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=bx500&qid=1569178195&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1
Would that be good enough?
He literally only uses chrome for YouTube and this site that live streams horse races.

Was also thinking of just adding those ssds to replace the 5200 rpm drives on the PCs at my family's business. Those pcs are only used for chrome too.

Or is there something better I can do?

Thanks bros...

Attached: 1563851841724.png (128x128, 27K)

I have a new HDD that I'm trying to install windows on for my laptop but the drive isn't being detected. I loaded the drivers into the boot and install wims. I tried formatting as both gpt and mbr. Bios update isn't an option. The thing is if I plugg the drive in via usb to SATA cable windows does recognize but refuses to install. I've already tried cloning from an old drive with clonezilla and macrium both to no avail

Linux Mint sounds perfect for what you are looking for.

Whats a good Shadowplay alternative?
Shadowplay is a software for recording short clips of gameplay with a shorcut key. It saves the last 5 minutes of gameplay by default.

Yeah that'd be pretty solid, although I'd buy off ebay instead. They tend to be a lot better in terms of reliability and customer protection when it comes to used electronics, and usually a bit cheaper too. Also, while you CAN go with ultra cheap SSDs, I'd spring for one with proper caching, like an MX500 or SU800.

I browse and youtube on this 2012 laptop with hd4000 graphiics.
The machine you link to has hd4600 graphics and faster clocks.
Together with an ssd it should be fine.

It doesn't have wifi, so a network cable would be the way to go.

to the anons who couldn't help me yesterday, i fixed the problem on my own regarding this issue. went around the house and rescrewed the coxial cables and it ended up fixing the issue. so it was in fact me being a retard and not comcast's fault. previous owner wrenched some of the coaxs to an adapter, so maybe that was causing the issue as I had to unwrench it and rescrew it.

Attached: Capture.jpg (448x405, 54K)

ask v what they use

Was this the youtube loading very slowing if you've started downloading something else first problem?

no, it was just me asking if something was wrong with this image

Yeah I was thinking that too but since the only application these computers are used for is the chrome browser I thought these cheap ones would be fine. Or do you think it's worth to get the more expensive SSD. Will probably be buying like 6 of them.

v is retarded

I mean if the choice is between no SSD at all and a really cheap one, cheap beats hard drives for sure. But I do think the difference would be at least a little noticeable. Also the ultra cheap drives tend to have a slightly higher failure rate. So it's kinda your call. If you buy 6 super cheap and end up only having to replace one, you might come out ahead anyway.

Also if that computer isn't connecting to a VGA monitor, you'll probably need a displayport to HDMI adaptor or whathaveyou.

I really would go with ebay though. Seller ratings don't mean jack shit on amazon, so any reviews you see could be for a different seller and you wouldn't know.

whenever I boot from a livecd of linux (tried 2 different ones, ubuntu and some other one) after I am done and boot back to my main drive's windows 7 all usb devices, keyboard and mouse, stop working and the only way to get them working again is to unplug them and restart the computer so that windows looks for new drivers.
also the mouse and keyboard work fine in bios, it's only when I boot windows 7.

There is no good alternative, shadowplay is an Nvidia feature that takes advantage of hardware features to do low performance impact recording

how do I make my ps1 emulation not look like ass

Attached: ass.png (1360x795, 305K)

SSD for all of them, even at a slight price premium you dont understand how 2010 harddrive only will feel

RetroArch beetlepsx hw

what do those words mean

>PC boots to BIOS but only the B2 slot of RAM is recognized, not A2
>swap them
>now it won't even get to the BIOS anymore and the motherboard shows a DRAM error light no matter what configuration I do (even with the definitely working RAM stick in B2)
wat do

Attached: 1513513440974.jpg (590x512, 159K)

Thanks bros...

I'll buy from Ebay and I'll buy 1 of each drive to test the differences.

My computer can only have 16 gb of ram, it has two ram ports, one of them does´nt work. Right now my ram is 8 gb ddr4.
My question is if I can replace the 8gb ram stick with one of 16gb using the port that is still working

I'm not that other poster but retroarch is an emulator that can emulate several different consoles.
if you don't want to download a different emulator I would suggest messing around with the graphics settings in epsxe. I don't have in installed at the moment so I can't really remember what you can do with it. sorry.

how do I select region of text in templeOS to be copied? tour does not cover it

use obs replay

found a way to make shadowplay work
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/56lgte/i_need_the_old_version_of_shadowplay_back/d8kjyv7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Trying to install minecraft on debian 10 using and I'm getting "Error: dependency is not satisfiable: Oracle-java8-installer openjdk-8-jre

I made sure I have java on my system by checking with java -version so I dont know why it has a problem with the java dependency

inb4 zoomer

Attached: concerned.jpg (573x450, 35K)

Trying to conver mp4 to webm i get this error, i think its audio related? it happens in both "WebmConverter" and in the nixx fork of webmconverter

Attached: Sin título.png (1068x521, 55K)

Also maybe I should mention I turned on XMP and also moved my HDD from SATA 3 to SATA 1 (was testing it in different slots because the BIOS wasn't seeing it), not sure if either of those would matter and I also can't remember if I changed those right before getting no display or some time earlier. I guess I should probably do a CMOS reset first of all but I'm done messing with it tonight.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas too.

whats with the anime girl in the pinned message? did i miss something?

WTF, my wallpaper turns back to window's default today. Did this happens to anyone with Win 10? I simply logged on to another comp with MS account and now all my settings are JUSTed in other computers.

Attached: Capture.jpg (996x1026, 51K)

Hey /sqt/. I came here a while ago for advice on a printer that uses toner for my classroom. I got recommended Brother as a brand and sweet Jesus I can never go back to ink based printers again.
This caused me to want a home printer that uses toner. So I come to you again to ask for a reliable home printer that can scan, prints in color, and uses toner. Price isn't really a limiting factor. I think I got my Brother HL-L5100DN for $120 on sale. I can go up to $300 if needed.

How do I take care of this error properly? I feel like a brainlet
>SavingsCalculator.java:24: error: non-static variable threeK cannot be referenced from a static context

All I want to do is use a variable inside of a function, why does Java have to be like this

Laptop on desk vs laying down in bed?

Don't know why everyone is suggesting Debian, the software is really out of date.

Depends on what your mobo supports. You can google the manual. If it only supports a maximum of 16, I would guess you can only get 8 per slot, but the only way to know for sure is to check.

I use a 144hz monitor, and I have qtox open all day in around one part of the screen. However, if I'm using something like paint and I fill the screen with a color like purple, I'll see this strange pattern faintly in the color, around where I keep qtox.

I'm not unfamiliar with burn in on my screen, ever since I switched permanently from 60hz to 144hz I've always gotten a bit of ghosting, but this pattern is strange. I've always tried to move the qtox window around the screen so it wouldn't cause ghosting, but what is this pattern? Why the checkerboards-within-checkerboards when qtox looks nothing like this? Is it possible to fix this or is my monitor fucked?

Attached: burn.png (899x420, 21K)

To clarify, when I mean "one part of the screen," I mean the leftmost third of the screen, and this isn't a screenshot, I just recreated the effect.

webm for bakas only outputs a 0Kb emtpy webm

It's been a million years since I did any java.

>static context
A method on a class that you can call without having to construct an instance of the class (aka 'an object').

>non-static variable
Presumably, a per instance variable.

Solution: Make your method non-static. Ie: Make it a method you call on your objects, instead of a method you call on the class itself.

the most pleb of questions but...

What's the best windows program or site to rip an MP3 from a yt video?

what do you think of my sorting algorithm guys?
class Program
{
static int[] input = { 4, -24, 7, 96, 510, 5, 1, 8, 3, 6 };
static int[] res = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };
static int temp = 0;
static int tempi = 0;
static int high = 0;
static void Main(string[] args)
{
for(int i = 0;i < input.Length; i++)
{
if (input[i] > high)
high = input[i];
}
for(int o = 0; o < input.Length; o++)
{
temp = input[0];
tempi = 0;
for (int i = 1; i < input.Length; i++)
{
if (input[i] < temp)
{
temp = input[i];
tempi = i;
}
}
res[o] = temp;
input[tempi] = high + 1;
}

for(int i = 0; i < res.Length; i++)
{
Console.WriteLine(res[i]);
}
Console.ReadLine();

}
}

Youtube-dl

ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html

protip: if you want to download multiple videos/mp3s at once open up notepad type in the download command and paste the youtube link and add a space, and repeat pasting youtube links, then just copy everything in the notepad and paste it in the command line.
also (maybe only on firefox), you can quick copy a youtube link by right clicking the video and pressing "a".

It's awful.
Your variable names do no inform.
Your code takes quadratic time.
You destroy the input despite.

Oh, and high+1 might be greater than maxint.

bumping question

Sounds as though windows is not initialising everything it needs to usbwise. Try updating drivers?
Also, is windows 7 doing a full startup or some sort of quick startup?

well like I said it only happens when I use a live cd, otherwise I can turn it off and on and have no issues.
I think it does a full startup? I haven't changed any default options that would affect that.

hi Jow Forums, what's a good book for learning and general programming principles?

Attached: 1548315326263.png (475x633, 571K)

learning python*

Cute~

wtf is this final fantasy xv pocket edition shit? Is this a full game? is this worth a purchase

(I'm just learning bash.) I was trying to extract a themes .7z for xfce to my ~/.themes, and forgot about the extraction part...

$ mv archedgeui_tabbed_decoration_for_xfce_by_mzpsh_da1gs5q.7z ~/.themes

Does this mean my ~/.themes folder is now some randumb .7z file? Is there anything I can do to undo this?

Attached: FB_IMG_1476522967810.jpg (1158x846, 53K)

ls ~/.themes

I'm scared wat I do wrong AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 2019-09-23 00_28_35-Xubuntu [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png (432x33, 5K)

file ~/.themes

Returns:
.themes: 7-zip archive data, version 0.4

I know I dun goofed, any way to replace the /.themes name with the default directory?

thank you anons

What I think has happened here is that you have renamed archedgeui_tabbed_decoration_for_xfce_by_mzpsh_da1gs5q.7z to .themes
That is all.

Had a .themes directory existed before the 'mv' command, then you'd find archedgeui_tabbed_decoration_for_xfce_by_mzpsh_da1gs5q.7z inside .themes

Had a .themes previously existed, I would have expected it to be a directory.
As such, I don't think you've destroyed any data.

You can just rename you file back again.

mv .themes archedgeui_tabbed_decoration_for_xfce_by_mzpsh_da1gs5q.7z

OK, I'll try that and see if things work out. Thanks for the pointers!

If I leave certain programs like ShareX and Borderless Gaming opened while Windows is in Sleep Mode, when I come back, they crash leaving me a "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" error behind.
Is there a way to fix that?

I've got youtube-dl working for when I download pron, and it's located on my Desktop, I'm using Windows 7. When I open the Command prompt, I have to type is 'Chris cd' first to get it running, then I select the link to download and type 'youtube-dl (link to video)

Is there an easier way to do this? I don't have the skills for any other operating system like Linux or something.

What happens if you drag and drop a url onto youtube-dl ?

Is this what you mean?

Attached: bandicam 2019-09-23 16-00-57-040.webm (840x584, 788K)

i'm trying to get data off an old laptop hard drive, and I was reading this

wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop

Do I really need to buy an enclosure just to read the drive as an external hard drive? A sata to usb chord like it states for booting to the drive won't work for that?

I tried dragging and dropping the link but it wouldn't open the command promt when i hovered the mouse over it

I'm a tech normie...

But a b/ro at heart. Any good free software to remotely access someone's facebook account?

how do I fix this
epsxe, air attack 2. it flashes this on the main screen

Attached: air.png (1281x995, 453K)

You know how you can double click on a word to select it, then click and drag the word around, then release the click?

Try releasing the click on top of the youtube-dl icon. (Either move youtube-dl on to your desktop, of have an explorer window open to the directory youtube-dl is in. Or add it to the task bar? Can you still do that in Win10?)

of have --> or have

because it works

So I was just playing with my PPSSPP and suddenly my PC did a sound like if it stopped running and then everything froze like "tssuun", it started today, what does that means???

speaking of youtube-dll
how do I download only audio files?

Forgot iPhone X at a store that's closed now. I can't get into iCloud (have username & pass but locked out due to security questions) or my gmail associated with this phone (used a throwaway).

How can I track it with just the phone number? Support line is down till the morning. Worried wage slaves stole it.

Attached: 1556220078849.jpg (220x202, 20K)

askubuntu.com/questions/178481/how-to-download-an-mp3-track-from-a-youtube-video

My phone (Mi A1) has a problem with mobile data that I can't figure out. It shows full bars, but then can't actually connect to anything. Turning airplane mode on/off fixes it, but then it starts doing it again a minute or two later. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

Your PC is just being tsundere, it actually loves you.

Attached: 6811139772fb9c87f8684f5c4ec0d053.jpg (960x1440, 274K)

What software should I use to clone my SSD with my OS on it, as a backup.
Running WIN10
>inb4

Attached: 29821753.jpg (400x400, 87K)

Is it possible to use vim with nano keybindings?

I’m trying to play steam games on my PC but my computer shuts down and goes into sleep mode when I play longer than 5 minutes

just noticed satania is now on top on Jow Forums.
any particular reason for this?

Openoffice - dont know where else to ask..
I have an epoch date, to convert it to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS, the 'function'
= A1 /86400000+25569 works, but I cant figure out how the fuck to have it work on a whole column. The closest ive gotten is having the result of A1 just copied into each column. This is some bullshit

What is wrong with my keyboard?

Attached: untitled.webm (788x532, 220K)

I have no idea what are they trying to write there with their mambojambo

You dropped the URL on a CMD pointing to your Desktop, retardfren.
Your Desktop is most definitely not youtube-dl.

Who manufacturers the best lipo battery? Some say it's Samsung , but I can't find answers to it