Are all new computers pozzed regardless?

I'm looking to buy a new laptop, and I'm strongly considering buying one with an AMD processor because I've read here that intel is pozzed and backdoored out the ass. How true is that? Is AMD similarly pozzed?

I'm mainly interested in the chinkpad T495, but are they backdoored by the commies?

Finally, my school's email is serviced by gmail, so am I fucked regardless? Do taking precautions even matter at this point?

Attached: 1522367954113.jpg (1867x2800, 551K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/tag/0.8.3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I have a micropenis: the room
nothing more unattractive than a man obsessed with guns

It's too tier cuckoldry. Imagine being so fucked by your own insecurities, paranoia, and fear that you think an armament is something you'll ever need

guns are technology, dimwit.

how do you think the west forced its values and way of life upon the rest of the world? with peace and love?

Attached: wolfandfoxhunt.jpg (3811x2462, 2.23M)

If a man has a gun, I will not have sex with him. it's just disgusting.

O B S E S S E D

Which one of your 40 thinkpads did you post that from?

Pinebook Pro. Six core ARM 64-bit RK3399. Firmware is open source, mainline kernel, no blobs required to boot, Panfrost open source GPU. The only thing pozzed is the AC WIFI, and you can buy a RYF certified USB dongle.

BIOS part is not pozzed, in some machines.
CPU - maybe
Does it run KDE?

I just bought a ThinkPad T495 and its great. But you may want to do some research via google on the two companies and the vulnerabilities in their respective products as part of forming your own opinion. Intelaviv Management Engine is the concern, and the AMD version can be switched off in the bios.

Fuck off Reddit

>I've read here that intel is pozzed and backdoored out the ass. How true is that? Is AMD similarly pozzed?
Depends on who you ask, some will say the NSA is using shit inside both Intel and AMD CPUs to spy on users 24/7 and the only way out is some obscure shit
It's a lot more nuanced than that
It is true that Intel has some black box hardware that originally is suppose to be used for management, it basically has full network access, runs independently of the system and can access everything in RAM. Is something like this being used by the NSA/CIA to spy on users? no one really knows, there hasn't been any evidence that someone got their shit kicked in because of a backdoor in Intel systems
AMD has some blackbox stuff to but it really only amounts to come cryptographic extensions for virtual machines and memory encryption
It's a pick your poison type of deal

desu collecting weapons with no historic value like that is lame unless it's for practical use but I really don't see how it could ever be.
I'd rather invest in more AK or AR food for the upcoming boogaloo rather than collect shit to let it collect dust, also
>clips

The ayufan packages are here,

github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/tag/0.8.3

IDK if that has KDE packages or not, but ALARM has them. You could take a ayufan kernel and use an ALARM rootfs.

Buy an X200 or an X220 and install Coreboot to disable or neuter the Intel Management Engine. Then install Gentoo or whatever your Linux distro of choice is.

meant this for (You)

also, 4 of the 6 cores are immune to meltdown/spectre so you can taskset procs that need higher security

>This is the closest of a sane, level-headed person

So you wouldn't fuck a nigger from the hood? That's not very inclusive of you. I'm going to have to report you.

Just look at that double barrel in its Jimmy Choo's!....
Ready for the red carpet.

Why would owning a lot of guns imply you have a small penis?

Attached: 1498673344129.png (741x568, 43K)

intel has a the ME in it's processors. A completely separate computer running it's own OS. It has access to all the Hardware, including every bit of RAM. It runs even when the computer is powered off, and always has internet access, because it has a 3G modem built in.
Intel supplies the NSA with special versions of their processors that have the ME largely disabled. What vonclusions you draw from that is your choice.
AMD has something similar called the PSP, but it is a lot smaller in extent.
Email is plain text, so never use it for anything you don't want your email server provider to know. If you need to use Email tbe best is to encrypt the message manually.

The thing is, even if you only use 10+ year old processors, encrypt everything, and, if you want to be perfectly safe, never connect to tthe internet at all, it's still all for naught. As soon as you leave your house, you are surrounded by people with their listening/surveillance devices. You can't escape from Big Brother. The best way to stay invisible is to blend in. And does it really matter which government has data on you?

You can realistically only hide from private entities (people, companies).
To protect from companies, just
1) don't use their service
2) isolate. Run you browser in a vm if you have to
3) block js
And protecting from people (hackers, or crackers, if you are RMS) is pretty easy: Don't run shady software (this is anything proprietare. Don't have open ports (ssh, telnet, ftp, whatever). Not that it matters. You are not important enough for hackers/crackers to make a big effort to get into your system.

Much like not using a client that isnt encrypted, all things are probably able to be back doored, or finangled. You have no obligation to make it free or easy for your enemies to get data on you. If they can get any information from any company eventually, then bleed them by inches that way instead of just giving up. China has tons of backdoors for its own self too.

The only true secure way to deal with this kind of thing is intranet or non network computing.

nobody really wants dudes to be attracted to them anyways

>backdoored out the ass
how do people still not know what remote management is

They equate quantity with overcompensation, because no one needs more than one of anything. They are possibly communist.

you are extremely gay if you don't own at least 20 pistols and rifles. What are you, a faggot?

Well you can get one of the talos openpower workstations but since your school and work and the government and everything forces you to use non free nonsafe software and services, yes, you are fucked regardless.

>And does it really matter which government has data on you?

It does when China zerg rushes the USA and Canada with their shit eating mongs who don't assimilate for 50 generations. In the meanwhile, they siphon our dollars and do some 4th level jew jitsu financial gymnastics to degrade our economy and shittify their own.

You get the point. Chinese spies are in the USA. You never know who they are... It's a fun game of wackamole.

well dont you seem just spelendid

no one wants to have sex with trannies anyway

Attached: 1569046045573.jpg (1280x855, 112K)

>T495
Got it for like 50% discount. Love it. I maxed out everything. Cost me like 850 ameribux

because shes a brainlet

Attached: fucking doomer pepe.jpg (720x1000, 122K)

Why is this greentexted? There is nothing in the OP that would lead any rational person to believe otherwise.

I bought a T495 a couple months ago and I love it. You can turn off the PSP in the BIOS if you're worried about it. Also, I wiped the drive and partitioned it and loaded both a clean Windows 10 image and Fedora on it. I don't like or trust OEM software.

its literally current year, don't you know hobbies are problematic now? I am calling the judge right now and having you redflagged for internet rape

>hk clips

Attached: giggle.jpg (279x445, 30K)

Attached: 1564792316927.png (610x457, 537K)

I have several firearms and can confirm I have a very small weeny and my wife sleeps with other men with larger weenies, and it’s something I enjoy watching.

>its a meme you dip.

Attached: lurk more.jpg (1037x1556, 401K)

Dats what I deed but now I thinks I’ll cop myself one of dem pinebook pros mah nigguh. I got racks on racks so cost ain’t a thing to me homie.

True. I want them to have sex with me, if you knowwhatimsayin.

>You can turn off the PSP in the BIOS if you're worried about it.
No you can't.
There is a BIOS setting that by name implies that it disables certain PSP functionality.
No documentation on what it's supposed to do.
It's just AMD marketing trying to capitalize on the Intel fuckups.
Besides, AMD is an American company, do you really think the government would allow them to give users the choice "NSA backdoor enabled yes/no"?

ok, scary. why so many weapons ?

Attached: blizzard-is-forcing-overwatch-players-to-drop-pepe-the-frog-meme-520340-2.jpg (1480x832, 99K)

>do you really think the government would allow them to give users the choice "NSA backdoor enabled yes/no"?
That implies it's their in the first place

It's pretty obvious that Intel has these backdoors. There have been too many leaks strongly implying this, and it's perfectly in line with other behavior of the US intelligence agencies in this regard.
Do you think they'd just let AMD not have them?
That would make the Intel backdoors rather useless, because everyone that doesn't want to be spied on could just get AMD.

>Do you think they'd just let AMD not have them?
Answering yes to this means the fucking is pretty ingrained and raises another question
If 3 letter agencies have this much power to coherence AMD into having a backdoor then how is it possible for "open" (for example Talos) platforms to exist without interference?

*answering no I mean

>because it has a 3G modem built in
This might not be true. Some people got this idea from the product description of their vPro security platform, but that didn't say there was a modem embedded in the CPU. Actually at that time it seemed more likely it was in the vPro chipset.

If it were true, or is by now with a 4G modem, you should add to your recommendations:
4) keep your computer in a Faraday cage

It would be pretty easy to locate a 3G/4G modem if it ever existed
Even intelligence agencies can't break the laws of physics

Yes

Because if he didn't, he would be able to use it to clobber people at close range or use it like a fireman's hose to keep bad guys at bay like a real man and he wouldn't need no guns, duh.

Up until now, Intel + AMD had a duopoly on the desktop CPU market. The glowniggers can't maintain this forever with the rest of the world beginning to produce competitive products. Letting niche computers like Talos exist in this day and age is insignificant compared to the 'threat' of chips by Asian companies that aren't backdoored for the glowniggers (but probably are for the glowchinks). Why do you think the Americans were pushing for Huawei to be boycotted, not just by them, but by other countries too?

Because anyone rich or powerful is accused of having a small penis.

It really wouldn't.
It would be easy to detect an actively transmitting 3G/4G modem, but if it's just there embedded in a chip, inactive, it would be very difficult to notice.
It could just activate in very rare cases, or just for a short amount of time. Or be in some sort of passive listening mode. Most of the time the normal network card of the computer is used, no need for a cellular connection.

>Front-Facing Camera
REEEEE

>Why do you think the Americans were pushing for Huawei to be boycotted, not just by them, but by other countries too?
Because American corporations are asshurt that china doesn't enforce their copyright shit and Huawei has been one of the biggest offenders so they have been petitioning the government to not let there 5G shit in
If it was about china bringing in chipsets not backdoored by the US government than they already failed, they failed over a decade ago which leads me to believe the scenario you have outlined just isn't the case

Put a sticker on it you sperg.

>but if it's just there embedded in a chip, inactive, it would be very difficult to notice.
Have you ever looked at a modem? The big metal shields and antennas are not just there for shits and giggles
You are not embedding an unshielded modem inside a another piece of unshielded silicon that does a whole host of other functions which emits noise

>If it was about china bringing in chipsets not backdoored by the US government they failed over a decade ago
Huawei just recently started making phones and network equipment with their own chips. All other Chinese phone manufacturers that aren't Huawei subsidiaries use Qualcomm Snapdragon chips.

With 4 American companies (Intel, AMD, Qualcomm, Apple), you have 98% of the chips in computers, tablets, and phones.
Samsung is a good sport and puts in Snapdragons instead of Exynos for the American market and even in many of their other products that don't require it because of the modem/network. I also wouldn't be surprised if they put in a backdoor into Exynos because the SK government likes spying and the Americans asked nicely for the keys.

Yea, I have, al least at a phone sock which I know contains a modem. Not such bulky shielding necessary nowadays, but computer CPUs have huge slabs of metal on them anyway as heatsinks. The connected wiring on the motherboard can act as antennas. Also it doesn't need to be a modem with the best performance - just low bandwidth for snooping on encryption keys, or receiving activation and kill signals.

Anyway, like I said, I think it's doubtful there is/was a modem on the CPU, but it doesn't matter that much because almost every computer has a network card.

>Huawei just recently started making phones and network equipment with their own chips.
They have been doing this for years already and Huawei phones have existed in the US for years aswell, this is nothing new
Problem is, that Huawei wants to expand into the US and corporations like Cisco are not having it because they believe Huawei has ripped off their trade secrets
>All other Chinese phone manufacturers that aren't Huawei subsidiaries use Qualcomm Snapdragon chips.
I guess you have forgotten that mediatek exists which do make alot of phone SoCs and SoCs for almost anything cheap

MediaTek is Taiwanese.
Even most budget phones use lower tier Snapdragon socks.

What if they're just an avid gun collector that likes the history and the mechanics of a firearm?

it has soft kill switch, but yes, tape it

>have that many guns
>barely any ammo
what's the point???

look at all those guns that will never be used for their intended purpose

>keeping ammo in magazines
doesn't that fuckup the spring?

Okay a little excessive on the handguns, but I don't see why every American male shouldn't have a small arsenal locked up in his house.

If SHTF, its your responsibility to be able to arm your brother, sons, and a few close male associates. If they have taken the same precautions, between you, you can form a small militia and survive.

trans-'menschen' ins grab

because people have other hobbies they would rather spend their money on
>If SHTF
literally will never happen

samefag

>literally will never happen
That's what they've always said.

no. springs only fuck up from being compressed and depressed many times over and over. magazines will stay just fine for years, youd have to worry about corrosion of the mag itself rather than the spring(which is a non issue if kept in good conditions.) and modern magazines are tested to retard levels of reliability, you are meant to be able to trust it with your life, so it better work when you need it.

so you speak for every other person besides that guy?

go back to faggot

Attached: clips.jpg (640x360, 39K)

What's wrong with this guy's dick?

obviously not from Jow Forums if he didn't know the answer of that

>having an obsession with firearms means a person is rich and powerful

>he bought T instead of the superior choice that is the E model

>HK mags are loaded backwards
My sides

AMD is good

>strongly considering buying one with an AMD processor
>because I've read here that intel is pozzed and backdoored
Lmao, once again it's confirmed. This is the only way fAilMD gets sales.

top kek

>manually seeing his cock in my head now
Damn, it user!

Who knows, if you need mission critical security, I wouldn't really recommend trusting x86 at all. You could possibly find a laptop with an ARM cpu or even better an IBM Power based cpu.

they are all obviously belts

dilate faggot

I'm sorry that you're poor. Try getting a job.

your insecurities are being projected so hard that theyre palpable, unlike your tiny penis

We all know nu intel and amd CPUs are compromised with ME. Then how about ARM CPUs and SOCs?

snap!

It's not remote management if it's not under my control. What that makes it is malware.

buy the new vaio.

It's hilarious to see AMD fanboys think that their AMD CPU isn't backdoored to hell and back by intelligence agencies.

I'm running a VIA EPIA board

>Projection: the post
You fear what you are capable of.

Pls reply

not POWER

how much do you think they cost? ballpark estimate?

>he said quickly after sipping from his chamomile tea in his "you may now speak" coffee mug, but right before telling his wife that he bashed the facists on the internet so she can have her orgy with tyrone and his posse in full confidence that they are destroying the west
>and thats a good thing
you made me look up how to spell chamomile you degenerate fuck