Know what happened:

Know what happened: sterling-archermedes.github.io/
Sign the petition: chng.it/GGPxTnfNz6

Quick rundown:

The public discussion against Stallman started on September 12 with a post on Medium.com by MIT graduate Selam G. about Stallman's opinions in a private mailing list of MIT's CSAIL. Her post was followed by an article on Vice.com by Edward Ongweso Jr. and then followed by several other articles and public statements, e.g. by The Daily Beast, GNOME Foundation, Software Freedom Conservancy.

Attached: stallman smile.jpg (800x600, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KardOnIce/status/1174504535915675648
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174370576556642305
twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1174722939872133120
twitter.com/sterlingcrispin/status/1115411627849863168
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174907725853052929
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1175847915522334727
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Soviet_Union
temp-mail.org/
medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-fec6ec210794
vice.com/en_us/article/9ke3ke/famed-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-described-epstein-victims-as-entirely-willing
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6405929/09132019142056-0001.pdf
thedailybeast.com/famed-mit-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-defends-epstein-victims-were-entirely-willing
stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#14_September_2019_(Statements_about_Epstein)
medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-appendix-a-a7e41e784f88
blog.halon.org.uk/2019/09/gnome-foundation-relationship-gnu-fsf/
sfconservancy.org/news/2019/sep/16/rms-does-not-speak-for-us/
stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#16_September_2019_(Resignation)
fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns
stallman.org/rms-lifestyle.html
stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html#05 June 2006 (Dutch paedophiles form political party)
stallman.org/archives/2012-nov-feb.html#04_January_2013_(Pedophilia)
getnada.com
pastebin.com/raw/TWA7Ez0X
gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commit;h=1ee4708594d9bb1c3ed5700c3189699dc02e53d6
pjmedia.com/instapundit/339725/
youtube.com/watch?v=g2s5hPLUHN8
youtube.com/watch?v=lX3Y0vA7vBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They had just had enough of the fat pompous ass and his puritanical zealousness. They probably hated him because he honestly believed his farts smelt like Chanel number 5

>rms did nothing wrong
>journalists lie for clicks
>People don't read the article, let alone check sources, before sharing
Is water wet now too?

>no one has signed the petition
sounds like everyone is afraid of getting cancelled

Now they are trying to get the FSF board to resign:

twitter.com/KardOnIce/status/1174504535915675648
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174370576556642305
twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1174722939872133120

And discussing alternatives to the GPL that restrict use (violating the 1st freedom of free software):

twitter.com/sterlingcrispin/status/1115411627849863168
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174907725853052929
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1175847915522334727

BASED

Fuck this asshole, and fuck you too lol

Coraline just can't get enough, huh? First she harasses people in order to force them into using the CoC, now you just know she's going to hunt people down and force them to change their license for that one.

>she

>only 45 people
This is just sad. It's pointless either way, but something about the utter lack of trying really highlights the futility of trying to hold journalists accountable for anything.

the latter is more in response to the Chef/ICE bullshit

though the whole "4 freedoms" thing is hideously outdated anyway, I prefer the DFSG

>GPL that restrict use (violating the 1st freedom of free software):
the GPL already restricts use, take the MIT/BSD pill

Now software licenses are communist party
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Soviet_Union

Attached: 7C569CC5-07F4-46BF-AB84-4E68CC7C5380.jpg (1192x717, 243K)

Not sure about you but I just don't care anymore. Even if they go down there's just going to be some other idiot taking their place.

>twitter.com/KardOnIce/status/1174504535915675648
>twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174370576556642305
>twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1174722939872133120
I didn't read any of this but noticed all these 3 people have problem glasses. Maybe you can judge the book by its cover sometimes.

keep it up, i am spreading it as far as i am able.

everyone should ignore the trolls; if these people had their way Linus AND RMS would have been ousted years ago. their allegiance is to identitarian ideology, not to software and cert𝘢inly not to freedom of knowledge and information.

pitiful and soulless.

Fuck off back to Jow Forums pedo retard

Attached: file.png (603x519, 44K)

Come on Jow Forums, sign that petition. I've already signed it and trying to spread it.
Pretty sad that you think defending an innocent man was slandered is something from Jow Forums.

Attached: Screenshot_20190918-101311.jpg (1051x3251, 1.58M)

Signed.

Once again it's the easily influenced normalfags who ruin everything. Stallman and his mailing lists are nothing to twitter, medium and "news" websites.

How long until the twitter mob starts exposing everyone who signed that petition as sexual harasser apologists?

>By signing, you accept Change.org’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and agree to receive occasional emails about campaigns on Change.org. You can unsubscribe at any time.

idk sounds non-free

use a disposable email dummy

temp-mail.org/

RMS is innocent! Don't give in to Social Justice Terrorists!

>defending a nazi isn't something from Jow Forums

SPECIFICALLY, THEY HAVE WRITTEN THAT STALLMAN

>(1) Defended Jeffrey Epstein (while in reality Stallman was defending Marvin Minsky);
>(2) Described Epstein's victims as entirely willing (while in reality Stallman was arguing that one specific victim of Epstein, Virginia Giuffre, was PRESENTED to Minsky as entirely willing because she was coerced by Epstein, not that she WAS entirely willing);
>(3) Defended pedophilia (while in reality Stallman was arguing that age doesn't matter in a case of rape because rape is always a terrible act no matter the age of the victim);
>(4) Defended pedophilia in the past (while in reality Stallman already countered his controversial claim from 2006 -in which he expressed skepticism in case of consensual sex- with a comment in 2013, where he said that children can't really be consensual);
>(5) Condoned sexual assault (while in reality Stallman was arguing that the term "sexual assault" does not fit the description of Minsky's act towards Virginia Giuffre since she wasn't assaulted by Minsky but coerced by Epstein; Stallman also added that the term is generally too vague as it refers to bad acts that can range from harmful to very harmful, and that the term usually makes readers think of the worst case);
>(6) Implied that the victim wasn't harmed (while in reality Stallman explicitly claimed that she was harmed);
>(7) Made comments that are excuses about rape, assault and child sex trafficking (while he condemned all three as explained above);
>(8) Used to keep a mattress in his MIT office, implying sexual activity and/or macho behavior at work (while in reality Stallman is known to have lived in his office for a certain period of his life).

As a consequence of these writings, Stallman resigned from his position at MIT and also from his position at the Free Software Foundation.

Attached: 1568766284048.jpg (800x600, 153K)

*REFERENCES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER*
SEPTEMBER 12
medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-fec6ec210794
SEPTEMBER 13
vice.com/en_us/article/9ke3ke/famed-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-described-epstein-victims-as-entirely-willing
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6405929/09132019142056-0001.pdf
thedailybeast.com/famed-mit-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-defends-epstein-victims-were-entirely-willing
SEPTEMBER 14
stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#14_September_2019_(Statements_about_Epstein)
SEPTEMBER 16
medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-appendix-a-a7e41e784f88
blog.halon.org.uk/2019/09/gnome-foundation-relationship-gnu-fsf/
sfconservancy.org/news/2019/sep/16/rms-does-not-speak-for-us/
stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#16_September_2019_(Resignation)
fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns

*OTHER REFERENCES*
STALLMAN ON HIS HOME
stallman.org/rms-lifestyle.html
STALLMAN ON PEDOPHILIA, 2006
stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html#05 June 2006 (Dutch paedophiles form political party)
STALLMAN ON PEDOPHILIA, 2013
stallman.org/archives/2012-nov-feb.html#04_January_2013_(Pedophilia)

Attached: rms katana.jpg (450x338, 38K)

Get a disposable email getnada.com
What are you even talking about? Is calling a nazi everyone you disagree with the new fad?

Sorry that I disagree with the mistreatment of minorities and the raping of children, guess I'm just in a dumb fad

Attached: bdd.jpg (720x697, 38K)

based
fuck these revitionist newfags

>a modified MIT license that specifically prohibits the use of open source software to harm others
Isn't that literally just the JSON license?

Attached: ribbon.png (579x458, 254K)

Yeah it's the PC movement part deux, it is a fad

Well, sorry that I disagree with the mischaracterization of a person's word who was unfairly slandered both by the media and a group of fanatical zealots on Twitter. In that case, I (a Hispanic/Latino and I guess a minority) will gloriously ride with the name you've bestowed upon me. If that makes me a nazi, then I've nothing to be ashamed of.

It even looks like an episode of Black Mirror, doesn't it?

Kinda, but the dude personifies evil as institutions or privates with firearms.

yea you're just dumb
or you just pretend you are misreading rms.

fuck the terrorist SJWs that did this to him.

precisely

This is horrible and makes my heart ache.

No. The JSON license protects everyone equally, while the Hippocratic License only protects the "underprivileged".

It's not being done in good faith, that's the problem and what the overwhelming majority of us have a problem with.

Sarah Mei spent the last few years sitting on twitt complaining about how badly Stallman needed to go, hearing about how a biracial woman said the same and having a chance to broadcast it with urgency to the blue checkmark gang must have been the happiest moment of her entire life.

People here with Twitter accounts might want to tweet the petition to those who've shown some level of critical thinking and didn't go along with the mob.

Send it to Paul Graham and Alexandre Oliva, they're one of the few people involved who are defending him.

Introducing: the user license! I designed it to protect marginalized groups from toxic environments.
>Copyright (YEAR) (COPYRIGHT HOLDER)
>Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
>* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>* If you use this software, then you are obliged to suck (COPYRIGHT HOLDER)'s dick for at least five minutes, first time you see him.
>* This software may not be used to dilate trannyholes.
>* You must post pictures of you cumming to a picture of Maki.
>* Furthermore, if you use this software you agree that traps are NOT gay.
>THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

If you have to misquote someone who's been a public figure for nearly half a century in order to #cancel them perhaps you should consider more than an article retraction and reevaluate your own moral standing. Stallman has been a champion for the little guy since before the people writing this crap were even born. That includes the LGBT, minorities, and those generally treated as less than. The man wouldn't drink a coke because they murder Colombian unionists. It would be irrational for him to support taking advantage of another person. He's likely on the spectrum and he's been enabled in his eccentricities, but I still respect him greatly as a force for good in the world.

Most of us don't have twitter accounts though. We're fighting on their turf.

Stallman is the true Social Justice Warrior if there was ever one. These people are Social Terrorists whose only aim is to destroy. Their ideaology isn't to edificate the human race but further divide it into tiny groups they can easily manipulate. As long as they can feel moral about themselves and can earn reputation by virtual signaling, nothing will stop them.

Attached: 20190921_091205.png (1440x1496, 277K)

petitions are stupid
sticking names on this just so a twitter mob can harass us is stupid
we need a crowdfund, where we can donate dollars, without names attached
where can we go to set that up that won't be cancel cultured?
Maybe set up a bitcoin wallet and give the key to FSF conditional that they reinstate Stallman as president first
Then we can all throw money into the wallet anonymously

I'm doing my part

pastebin.com/raw/TWA7Ez0X

Attached: rms.png (901x819, 78K)

I signed it, but shit like this is precisely the reason why I work in research instead of being a programmer. The women here are actually competent instead of dead weight, because guess what? Incompetence = No funding = No job. Cancer charities and other funding organizations do not part with their money easily, and it takes about a year to write up a decent grant.

The problem with the programming field is it's marketed towards "everyone", which brings in the worst normalniggers and terrorists like we see here. There needs to be a licensing agency or something.

As cliche as it may sound, we must be the change we want to see in the world and thus we must start somewhere.
Great job.

Attached: 1537836821656.png (1640x2186, 163K)

MODS:
*teleports behind u*
"nothin personelle kiddo"
*delet psts*

It's from the sticky

that's from about the first half of the thread (about 7k posts in)

lmao
leftist commie piece of shit deserves it, they always get ousted by their own

The FSF didn't boot rms out of the club. RMS willingly stepped out of his own accord to protect the FSF because they were getting pressure from a number of other parties.

why are roasties so fucking retarded

Attached: Selam G.png (782x794, 445K)

As long the GPL is still the gold standard of free software then it doesn't really matter *who* is associated with the movement

That's what they're getting rid of next, arguing for a freer license.
With the freedom to be cucked by corporations that fund these coordinated attacks.

classic hitjob case, if i've ever seen one
the real question is why?

>hes such a bigot, supporting that jew funded "amnesty international"
Islam is Right About Women

People are fucking stupid when this is considered "proof" that he's sexist. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo, he said "hot ladies". What's he going to say next, "Bull feathers"? Perish the thought!

i support you, but not gonna sign that
literally, putting yourself on a list

it's simple we kill the tranny and the enablers

I know what to do. License your code under GPL3. SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-only. Back up the license: gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commit;h=1ee4708594d9bb1c3ed5700c3189699dc02e53d6
Situation has changed.
Do you remember early days of open source? It was a joke and doomed to failure, but later Microsoft suddenly started to lose their shit over linux even before linux was a thing. It was afraid even back then. Now Microsoft has to wear a fake mask of open source friendliness to get any monopoly because suddenly open source is the standard and nothing they can do about it. Compilers used to be commercial, can you imagine it today? We can set a new standard - GPL3.
But poor oligarchs can't use my code! They have full time developers that can write infinitely more code than you can ever hope to write in your free time, they are not in any sort of disadvantage. The poor can't help the rich, but even if he can, what for? To help them build a walled garden antiuser botnet? What is even the point? They take it and you still owe them everything. It doesn't even end there, when they eat their users, they will come after us. Microchips will be fun, normies are ready, are you?
Google moves to closed source, it shows that closed source is still the holy grail of walled gardens. They were always afraid of open source, they try to keep their face straight, but that abstraction leaks. You don't need anything special, you can't shoot a walled garden down with a gun anyway, that's not how it works, but you can shoot it down with a compiler, text editor and your brain; cryptographic algorithms were classified as military weapon, CIA would unironically shoot you for smuggling code. All this IT space is virtual, ability to think is the weapon here, they are afraid of us, because we are armed, and their plan to win is usual - take the weapon away.

Attached: tmp.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

To program for Apple walled garden you have to register and provide all your details, tomorrow you will have to register with your microchip as IT offender for life. Recently they introduced mandatory application signatures for desktop OS version. Many people even here don't know about security, boot locker is not security, boot viruses are a thing on desktop to get behind the antivirus that runs in the kernel, on Android the antivirus is sandboxed like everything else and the whole root space is untouchable, getting there is enough to hide from antivirus for good, boot locker is just tivoization, anticompetitive and antiuser. When lockdown is complete, that's no compiler for you, no guns and code locked in cloud github, it's not just antiuser, it's antiprogrammer. "You have nothing to write", they say, "Google already wrote everything you need".
It's not about some abstract user freedom anymore, it's about our freedom, my freedom, your freedom; freedom to use the compiler and write programs that we want. Tivoization takes those rights away, but GPL3 fixes tivoization for good, it all can be fixed just by thinking.
It's not really about code sharing, it's about standards. If it's not GPL3, then it's antiuser monopolistic botnet, and antiprogrammer too, as simple as that. GPL3 is fine and when it's the standard, they won't be able to do anything with it, and will have to play by the rules, just like with open source today. They always complained about all forms of open source, GPL3 is nothing new.

It does on the FSF end at least because they control the "or later" variant of the GPL licenses.

It was a mechanism to update the license if needed, but without the trust required that the FSF is sane, this mechanism has to be abandoned.

Someone make a fascist software foundation and declare RMS the leader. Death squads will enforce state mandate that all software must provide users access to source code after the FSF take over the government.

Attached: D0w0JpnXcAAdfNJ.jpg (1536x2048, 255K)

Can't say this loud enough. Anyone using it, remove the "or later" variant!

And those parties smell weakness, if they'll fold on this they'll fold on anything. He did say "resigned under pressure" no?

Well without RMS there can't be another GPL can there? It would be something else

>Compilers used to be commercial
Commercial /= propietary
Commercial free (libre) sofware exists and it's not ethically wrong.

See

They want to get rid of the GPL as we know it by chasing the board of the FSF out of power.

The last tweet is by someone known to use diversity of tactics to get people to adopt her CoC and now she has a license that violates the first of the four freedoms of free software.

you're disgusting. nothing more needs to be said about you.

Of course there can? Look at the GPL, do you see
> Stallman
or
> FSF
?

Exactly. Glad to see somebody else al least knows about the four freedoms. This trans-retarded Twitter mob that's after them thinks the fsf is about "open source", they are as dumb as it gets.

fucking trannies are ruining everything

I'm in research too for the same reason. I've done my time on the industry side as well and it does seem like industry is more infested with the same sort of shit stirrers that did this to Stallman. While academia is relatively safe for now, I have to wonder for how much longer? You have to remember Stallman was forced to resign from an academic post at MIT, not like he was forced out of google.

Except this is sjwland so words are weapons. This license WILL be used to force wordfilters into applications, or to change APIs.

Just found this: pjmedia.com/instapundit/339725/
>I know; I was there. Minsky turned her down.

This means RMS was right not only logically, but also "socially"; he defended am innocent man who got called a rapist by calling what not happened "sexual assault".

Thoughts?

>last few years
Didn't twitter just show up when RMS didn't remove the glibc joke? Was there shit going on before?

>distrotube guy makes video
>quotes the news
youtube.com/watch?v=g2s5hPLUHN8
youtube.com/watch?v=lX3Y0vA7vBQ
I'm getting the feel that most people aren't intentionally evil, just stupid and blindly believe everything.

Will Lunduke ever cover this?

Will spread the article, good work.

whats with all those weird names tho

You are trash nigger person. You should kill yourself for the great good.

What is your boy accused of though

qrd

fpwp

hey freetards, not gonna help with anything. actually gonna setup bot accounts to spread misinformation about rms on twitter, which obviously did enough harm to get him to resign :-)

Has he STILL not?

Maybe he's in on it.

>Now they are trying to get the FSF board to resign
As they should, they knew, hid, and protected Stallman. People on "your side" shouldn't get a pass for abhorrent behavior but that includes themselves, the people involved in this, their rampant racism and sexism shouldn't be excused.

How were you even able to fill the captcha with this mental disability?

He probably will not due to fear getting cancelled too. I mean, he has a wife and kids.

>though the whole "4 freedoms" thing is hideously outdated anyway, I prefer the DFSG
Begone, shill.

Defending Epstein, saying the victims were willing and sexually harassing women for 40 years.

Nothing of this happened through, but he had to resign because fake news and resulting pressure on the FSF.

>Stallman is gone, but the house he built remains.
>we need to dismantle that twisted structure and rebuild something better.
These people always brag about their moral high ground, but clearly they don't have any principles at all. At this point they are just looking for recognition by doing nothing more than destroy the work of others that they see as "problematic".
All these attempts to make new licenses just reek of "HEY! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK HOW IMPORTANT I AM!!"