Why would anyone use a ThinkPad for Linux when Apple exists?

You save, what, less than $1000 doing this:
>spend dozens of hours cross-referencing thinkwiki and psref spec sheets to learn what models are compatible with modern software
>scour eBay and sometimes shady online retailers for (hopefully) genuine Lenovo batteries and AC so your house won't burn down
>if your ChinkPad is sold for parts then you'll be buying missing parts with $10 shipping per part from chink retailers
>compete in auctions, if you want a lower price you won't even know if you've bought an item until a week later
>if you bid high on multiple items then congrats now you've bought three more computers than you need
>spend days to weeks of correspondence with hundreds of retarded vendors who can't list things as basic as the type of hard drive included, the display resolution
>find listings with non-matching title, description, and picture details
>see a speced-out T440s being sold for $120, and then you find in fine print that it "has a 15" display" and is BIOS-locked
>disassembling sterilizing reassembling filthy used machines filled with Pajeet cruft that they decided to hide with lower-light pictures at deceptive angles
>dealing with eBay and PayPal buyer protection
>thank you for your purchase, now after $30 shipping your brick will arrive DOA in 2 weeks

Alternatively:
>apple.com -> Mac -> MBP -> Buy -> arrives tomorrow by next-day shipping -> work your salaried dev job for 2 days using your new MBP, make up for the price you just paid without losing any brain cells in the process
Also,
>can send blue bubbles and your friends and f*males in said circles will no longer believe you are a virgin

Attached: 1505655479033.jpg (600x900, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manytricks.com/moom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quartz is dogshit and the moment you move to a not dogshit window manager is the moment you lose all the benefits of using OSX.
>You can either have floating windows
>Or you can fullscreen windows, but only on their own virtual desktop
Nigga I'd rather use i3 and just move on to getting shit done.

Attached: 1564182266352.png (644x1106, 455K)

>Apple laptop fried your testicles
>become trannie and kill yoursell
No, bro

My X220 was cheap and just needed a new battery. Throwing a second SSD in there it's now objectively superior to any MacBook with less than 4 cores or 16GB RAM.

Maybe if you're being a real faggot about it, but 9/10 people do the following:

Go to eBay
Type in "thinkpad[model number] [specs]"
Look for vetted and we'll reviewed sellers
Buy what they want

Literally got a powerhouse of a laptop for $100 bucks with about 30 minutes of browsing eBay. That's less time then dealing with "wait, there's more!" upselling shit that most retailers will pull.

>>spend dozens of hours cross-referencing thinkwiki and psref spec sheets to learn what models are compatible with modern software
What
do you have brain damage nigger

I simplified the problem, but I did mean to include
>scan spec sheets to find out which resolution displays for XYZ model come with IPS, if the seller is telling you the resolution at all
>no IPS screen? enjoy dunking another >$100 on a display that must be compatible with Lenovo's whitelist bs and hopefully doesn't create a bulge in your laptop lid

Or, if you're not a retard:

>buy any Thinkpad
>stick any decent distro on it
>shit just works
>save hundreds or thousands and you don't have to deal with shitty Mac OS

Mods, delete this shit thread.

I never had to jump through any hoops for Linux. I just bought an EliteBook 735 G6 and hopefully that will work well with Linux.

Post a link to the zip pls OP

This isn't true, have you even used macOS? And for just $10 more there's moom for macOS which automates the tiling and adds some more features.

manytricks.com/moom/

>pajeetOS

Attached: 1565626602967.png (709x869, 522K)

>have you even used macOS?
I have, it's fucking shit.
>And for just $10 more you can get what sane window managers have been able to do since before 2011
Okay Billy Mays.

>And for just $10 more
Yes, thousands of dollars in shinny utilities.

i'm sorry you suck at reading, op

thinkpads are all one of two things, old and underpowered or horribly overpriced. and the old ones are overpriced by the time you rework them to modern specs. literally any other refurbished business grade laptop will have decent specs and a decent price

Have you ever considered the following?
>it's a fun hobby
>people who use thinkpads and stripped down linux distros prefer control over their software and hardware instead of "it just werks trust us"

>lenovo.com -> Thinkpad -> X1 Carbon -> Buy -> arrives tomorrow by next-day shipping -> work your salaried dev job for 2 days using your new Thinkpad, make up for the price you just paid without losing any brain cells in the process

Have you considered using sage when replying to bait threads?

Have you considered that the unique IPs didn't go up with that post and that it's most likely OP bumping his own thread?

I got a T495 with a Ryzen 5, 8GB memory, a SSD, Windows 10 Pro, a 1080p display, fingerprint reader, and a backlit keyboard for $1k with a three year warranty. I could have gotten most of that in an A series for a lot less (about $600-650), but it wouldn't have had the three year warranty and the materials and build quality for the A series are obviously cheaper. I don't buy used stuff because it's always disgusting, if not on the outside than on the inside.

>short the mobo circuits to overwrite BIOS password
>call Absolute to disable Computrace off your stolen enterprise TP "steal"

yep, control over your software alright

have you considered that people other than the OP can post multiple times in one thread?

But it did and as far as I remember OP cannot bump its own thread.

Attached: IP.png (654x74, 12K)

>short mobo circuits to remove BIOS password
>call Absolute to disable computrace
Or just flash Coreboot and call it a day.

How do you check this?

Fair point OP. I did both. I was happier and more productive with the mac. I could never get used to the OS though.
After 2015 with the touch bar and the faggot's keyboard, you really can't buy a new mac anymore either.

>buy t400 for $80
>install a distribution of gnu/linux on it
>????

Didnt mean to quote