Come home white man

This was supposed to be the next big thing in Linux
Now you never see it anymore

Why?

Attached: file.png (1680x1050, 2.57M)

When you think about it, that was a pointless gimmick. How does spinning desktops in 3D make the system more usable?

It would be like artificial VR where you had monitors in your monitors.

I never went down that rabbit hole. It does look pretty freaking cool though.

So it rendors your desktops in a stupid cube making it take longer to switch between them?

And that helps how?

autism

It was neat when I was in highschool in the xp vista era but now as an adult I just see it as useless bloat.

Compiz was pretty functional though. The grid feature was great and you could easily adjust anything you liked.

TIME CUBE

It either created insufferable performance losses to 3D apps or made them render improperly on the cube
I customized the heck out of it way back then
Now it got stripped of its' features and is unheard of...

A waste of resources

Attached: LINUXCUBE.jpg (800x600, 152K)

SPINNAN CUBEZ

I miss wobbly windows :(

>that fucking flame effect compiz had when you closed windows
shit was hilarious

It's a ricer gimmick at best, but it fails ricers in that you can't show off anime wallpaper and the cube simultaneity.

I unironically started to use Linux because of this 3D cube
That and Ubuntu ultimate edition
I use arch (now) btw

I'd probably use this if the interface was sensible. It'd be possible but it wouldn't happen.

HOLY SHIT, I FORGOT ABOUT SPINNAN CUBEZ

You can still use Compiz

compiz guy died is what happened

lol people actually used beryl and compiz?

I thought it was vista for a moment and I got nostalgic...

Because it was nothing but an attempted ripoff of a DWM feature of an early Vista alpha. Most compositing window managers are.
When that feature didn't make the cut, it died the death that all blatant me-tooisms do.

I remember going to a friend's house after school when I was a kid, his father was a scientist part of a national institute and they all had linux at home. Being a windows XP peasant poorfag I was deeply impressed by this gimmick. It was kinda silly when I think about it now.

Attached: shamecube.gif (350x248, 1.33M)

ricefags were actually fun guys back then that used Ubuntu.

now it's just Arch i3 and anime girls

It's what drew me to linux, so I'm grateful for that.
If Gnome didn't go full retard and still worked with compiz, I might still be using it.

We used similar software on Vista in highschool, it was extremely useful for switching between games when a teacher was coming.

I remember

Because function is greater than form.

Attached: you know.jpg (1012x675, 115K)

That's exactly how I feel about it. It was one of, if not the most impressive implementations of virtual desktops that has ever been created. It was a real pleasure to use. I have no recollection of performance loss, and it made my desktop feel smoother. Whether it was excessively flashy or not depends on your configuration.

don't forget woobly windows

Form is function.

GOD, I HATE THE SHIT STAIN THIS LEFT ON WINDOWS 7
AERO LOOKS GOOD BUT ITS SO SHIT IT CAUSES OLD PROGRAMS NOT TO RUN AND THEN PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS AND SCREEN TEARING IN MODERN APPLICATIONS EVEN FUCKING 2D RENDERED WEB BROWSERS
FUCK AERO

because it's a pointless dumb gimmick

>artificial VR
>i.e. dumg gimmicks

you don't need dumb graphical gimmicks for virtual desktops you fucking brainlet

i get this reference

>I miss wobbly windows :(
me too.

KDE has them.

Yes. I remember setting Beryl up before Compiz was even a thing.
Getting those damn Nvidia drivers to work, Jesus Christ those long nights.

Attached: linuxno1.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

those tits are depressingly small

spinnan cubes was always a dumb meme that had no practical use

Attached: 1551697702397.jpg (1029x993, 166K)