Try to read a book to learn a new programming language

>try to read a book to learn a new programming language
>mind starts to wander after 5 minutes
>hardly read 3 pages before getting distracted

Jesus

Attached: f.jpg (749x618, 61K)

Adderall

That just makes me anxious and make my mind race.

Here is what works for me:
Use the pomodoro technique. It will tell your brain that ok you're working now but a break is around the corner. Also helps with procrastination
Quickly go through the next titles, sections,... of what you're about to learn to get a mental picture of what you're going to learn.
Study in a different place. A place you don't also use for entertainment.

literally me
and no, there is no fucking adderall in this god forsaken country

Modafinil

overpriced shit that barely does anything other than pretend that it's coffee

switch back and forth between books and training videos, sometimes you cant hold your attention on your own so listening to someone talk can get you on track

Works on my system

for the money they're charging I'd rather smuggle something that really works instead, or at least buy some hard drugs and OD on those

Are you in the US? $40 for 30 days at Costco

>Are you in the US
fuck no
I just noticed we even have '''local''' seller sites here, christ this shit really exploded over the last few years
$70 for 20 tablets, what a fucking scam

Using the Pomodoro Technique helps me stay focused for 20 minute stretches and a few of those are often sufficient to do a lot of work.

But why are you learning this shiny new language? Often having a purpose beyond the means can really drive you to do things

costco sells modafanil?

>>hardly read 3 pages before getting distracted
So you don't actually want to learn.
Nobody else is going to do it for you.
If you can't make yourself do it you're doomed.

ritalin is better. Go get a prescription don't get it on the blackmarket.

>learn new language
>it's mostly the same as the old one
>get bored

Attached: 1567477009589.gif (500x463, 1002K)

With a prescription, yeah. In fact it's the cheapest place by far to buy it (in WA) if your insurance won't cover it.

yeh, modafinil is pretty good if you want to experience emotional and spiritual agony for 2 days straight

>Cumbrain

how?
claim to a shrink im a tard?

That's been my life for the past 27 years so I probably had that side effect and didn't even notice.

That's your brain on zoomer stuff and internet that rewards you quickly click through pages, read titles instead of content, saying controversial stuff for say of (you)s, facebook upboats and youtube almost exactly 10 minute long videos.

Commercial internet is conditioning you into retardation while selling you useless information on research on relation between Marshall island's dogs and frequency of kpop music. And you subconsciously love it because your brain takes it as meaningful learning or discovery of new stuff.

Disable all your feeds for a month, don't read wikipedia "for fun" or at all, stop watching TV and YT, don't play games, especially the ones for phones and try reading a book or classical music. Drop Jow Forums, too. You aren't doing anything useful here.

>do as i say, not as i do

>Drop Jow Forums, too. You aren't doing anything useful here.
we might get jobs, get wives and kids, but one thing is for sure, we will all be here forever.

Attached: 1569069853474.jpg (1066x600, 101K)

Attached: 1564879778477.jpg (999x960, 166K)