Dude this shit literally makes me see red

Dude this shit literally makes me see red.
What the fuck do you mean I don't have permission? Just mount the goddamn file system. No, I do not want to setup mount points fucking manually to do this, fuck off lincux.
Was going to rename the file but the right-click menu in firefox doesn't have a rename option.

This is why no normie will ever want to use this shit.

Attached: 2019-09-23-024134_650x333_scrot.png (650x333, 10K)

Using gui on linux was a mistake

ebin
inzdal genut :----DDD

You need root to mount filesystems, you god dam retard. Run the program as root.

If I run it as sudo the filesystems don't show up on the side, (in the two file managers I know of, nemo and pcmanfm) no doubt because of the security meme.

Works fine for me. You must be doing something wrong. Linux can't account for retards. Something you need to understand is that the goal behind Linux isn't to appeal to "normies".

It doesn't show up that's not my fault retard. Get over yourself. Clearly it's not set to not do that.

Cool. One less fucktard using free software, the day just got better.

Yes, it is your fault because it is designed to show up like that. Don't bitch about something you obviously don't understand. Open a terminal, and run your program as root. It's not that fucking difficult.

I've been using linux for years. I guess you faggots actually like having to set your mount points up or having to put some shit in a config file with another tool. My question is, why the fuck would I want to do that?

>Yes, it is your fault because it is designed to show up like that.
No it isn't you fucking retard. Clearly it is not because it does not do that. Just because your desktop environment is handling it for you does not mean that behavior is default, you fucking RETARD.

paste

>wintoddlers getting this mad over their own idiocy
kek

Yeah sudo does't fix the problem you are still wrong.

>has used Linux for years
>can't even mount a filesystem
You are one retarded nigger. It's one command to mount a filesystem - mount /your/files /mount/point. If you're too retarded to grasp that, then perhaps you shouldn't be using a computer at all. If you want to use the much more convoluted method of doing it, fine, but don't blame the software for your incompetence.

> It's one command to mount a filesystem - mount /your/files /mount/point.
For one fucking session? If you want to make the changes persistent you put the uuid in an fstab file, that's how I know how to do it. Get over yourselves, holy shit.

I should also add that I'm not using a desktop environment. It has nothing to do with your desktop environment. I cannot grasp how you're able to be so retarded.

owo user you don't have permission to open this device you accidentially cwicked on? let me mount that for you even though you're dding it!
oh and let me start indexing your files uwu
that way you can searchy-werchy faster! OWO

Lol appending sudo to the command does not make filesytem show up in panel. You understand what I'm saying? You understand how what you said is wrong or are you going to keep trying to pretend that you're right?

It's a bug related to login managers
Did you switch your de

Attached: 1564450103199.jpg (255x246, 11K)

Yeah.

Install policykit or change your login manager
Alternatively login to default de and mount then logout and login to your preferred de

Attached: 67259768_1372354352917288_6583493482407526400_n.jpg (960x960, 118K)

I just put it in fstab but this shit still pisses me off.

Did ever occur to you to check the permissions/ownership of the mount point after mounting?

That wasn't the issue.

Depending on what you're using via GUI if you as user don't have adequate (read) permissions, it won't display the directory.

Save it on a folder you do have permission to write

The on the terminal $sudo mv ~/source /dest

Technically, you advice is correct.
But let's examine the premise, here, you are proposing that it's an entirely reasonable situation for an Operating System to not be designed to detect, configure, and make available, a storage device, when it is attached.
Why in the dogshit fuck is that even tolerated by anyone?

It's totally reasonable in order to be able to control important aspects of the OS that can't be reliably trusted to users to do correctly, maintaining the integrity of the system. I don't see anybody commenting about selinux, but if you were using a distro that supports it by default you wouldn't believe the number of whiners here. Adapt your use case to the tools available and life is a lot simpler than pissing and moaning about how shit doesn't work.