Anyone here regret moving to 1440p and wished they stayed at 1080p?

anyone here regret moving to 1440p and wished they stayed at 1080p?

Attached: risoluzioni-1024x576.png (1024x576, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/rog-swift-pg279q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

I've used >1080 since I was a teenager.
It rules being a CRTfag.

I moved to a 32" 4K monitor and now I can't go back, I feel free.

No, but I would like a 240hz 1080p rather than my 120hz 1440p, because im a cringelord Esports gamer

I bought a 2160p 28" screen, and i am now enjoying crisp text and images, while also benefiting from flawlessly upscaled 1080p videos and games.

Nope, also dont want 4k 1440p is the sweetspot right now(unless your a mac fag in that case your always fucked)

Fuck off, zoomer

>anyONE
>they
lrn2engrish

Human eye can't see more than 1440x900

Nope.
Moved from 1080p 27" to 1440p 27" around 2013 and never looked back.

No, went from pic related to 1440p IPS and now I get disgusted by anything less.

Attached: 1557475808739.png (1626x1450, 187K)

Nah 1440p 27 inch is great.
I'm thinking about getting a 1080p 144hz display though, Im not sure where I would put it though.

no

went from 768p to 1440p 144hz ips, it was the best day of my life

just like these fools, from 27 inch 1080p to 31.5 1440p 144hz, worth every penny

not at all, best move i made is moving to 165Hz/1440p. It is the perfect balance between frames and resolution i can see this sustaining me for several years to come.

>31.5"
LG?

no worst, samshit

PLS? coz PLS has the shittiest colors I ever seen on a screen alongside TN. Black crash like hell.

No, 1440p is great

But the jump to 4k isn't worth

>flawlessly upscale 1080p
>to 1440p

That's impossible since 1440 is not a multiple of 1080. The upscaled pixils will be turned into triangle shapes.

4k can perfectly upscale 1080p because it is an even multiple. One 1080p pixil is four 4k pixils. That's why 4k is a better bet for an upgrade if you are going to stick with a 1080p PC for a while.

Attached: 1519189358495.png (451x505, 151K)

ohai todixu

Attached: 1565943047299.jpg (948x661, 74K)

what the fuck is a pixil?

... 2160p = 4k what are you babbling about

it is a VA panel, best of both and worst of both, ips/tn.

1440p 27" is almost too big, past 30" for desktop you need 4k

Yes, i understand but at this moment and when i bought it 1 year ago, this monitor was the best value for me. I could not justify the 200$ price hike. So i upgraded my cpu instead.

He said 2160p, can't you read?

Attached: 119510037940.jpg (342x359, 19K)

If you're more than three get away you're never going to need more than 1440p. That is, unless you get lasik surgery to see better than 20/20 or some shit

The reason is 20/20 vision can tell objects around 1 arcminute. At a distance of 3 feet from the screen, that's 96 ppi.

A 1440p 27 inch screen is 108.79 ppi which is better than the average visual acuity

4k is 4000x2000. Hence, you know, 4 Kay.

2160p is 1440p with an ultra wide ratio.

With that logic, you should not be able to tell whether a 1440p game has AA on or not.

You can, if your vision is better than the standard. The average healthy young person can see 20/13

I have glasses and my visual acuity is worse than 20/15 I can't read that line on the snellen chart

I also can't see the pixels on this phone that is only a foot away from my face

>1440p 27" is almost too big
I loved that size. But I sit kinda close to the monitor.

>haha yeah bro it's 240hz, I can't go below it cuz I feel dizzy haha, pro esports stuff I suppose haha
cringelord

My phone is 1080p so it has 401ppi at 5.5in diagonal. At a distance of one foot the pixels are not visible to me at all

The formula says 286 ppi at one foot is one arcminute. Unfortunately, I can't see any better than that.

That said, the text IS using rgb anti-aliasing so it might not look this smooth if it's gray-scale or not anti-aliasef at all

1080p will always be the sweet spot

I jumped from 480p to 4k. Blew the shit out my ass with how crisp the resolution is.

What the fuck are you unsure faggots doing at 1080-1440p? Get with the goddamn times you luddites.

Attached: 1547442105381.png (383x364, 139K)

Since when is having more pixels a bad thing?

Try reading email on a 15" 4K

That's my laptop resolution, it's like that meme we specifically made to make fun of me

Attached: 1531242001110.jpg (960x696, 159K)

Just make the text scale up.

>upscale text
Sorry, your OS doesn't support that feature.

No because I have good vision and my pc can crank out 1440p 144hz no problem

4k is 3840x2160

Otherwise known as 2160p

Stop being a nigger

720p is good for battery life and doesn't feel so bad on smaller screens. You're good.

1080p feels weird to me on a 15.6 inch screen. Text is too small and sometimes it's blurry.

>smug anime image
>atrochious post, absolute retardation, did even read what he's replying to
Classic.

>4k
>60Hz
no thanks

My phone is 1080p and my laptop is not

cringe

There isn't even any content above 60 Hz unless you're a gaymur.

>27 inch 1080p
the horror, Nintendo DS has higher DPI

There's Linus tech tips videos.

while i respect the attempt at an objective comparison i hate to break it to you but the human eye has a pretty non-standard resolution. my monitor is like 105 ppi and its 3 feet away from my face and i can agree that the pixels are pretty small and difficult to individually discern, but that doesn't mean that i cannot immediately tell that the pixels are 4x larger than the pixels on my 500 ppi phone screen

the issue isn't how well your eyes can see, its how well the software can display information on that display. games and movies look CRISP on a high resolution display but when it comes to photo editing and productivity, that shit doesn't work as well on a high dpi display, and while its not a handicap it doesn't really confer much benefit when you're zooming into a scaled up document or displaying text. don't forget that a good chunk of people buying a computer are buying it for the auspices of doing some kind of work on it even if its a pipe dream

It can't be so bad.

i honestly like the big pixel look. it has charm to it. playing quake on a 3ds is basically peak AESTHETIC and i don't care that you can run it at a higher framerate on a better display

No. I am planning to replace my secondary 1080p display soon with a 1440p one too. 4k is a meme and DOA.

That's what I'm saying, why is my phone better than the laptop?

Does anyone know how to run games with integer scaling/nearest neighbour scaling?

Attached: 11438a7c8c9e576b5cbe5edb846d6ed2.png (288x288, 124K)

Black crush is VA thing, PLS is just a marketing meme name samshit came up with to avoid legal pursuit for stealing LGs IPS patented technology.

>Black crush is VA thing
yup, but my high end VA monitor blows the PLS shit I had out of the water. And the black crashing isn't as noticeable. The brightness levels are trash though, I have to shut the blinds before playing games.

>That's my laptop resolution
that is the universal laptop resolution, hence the meme.

My phone screen is 400ppi and it may well be infinite at one foot away. It looks perfectly smooth.

A 134ppi screen would look exactly the same at three feet. Now that is with anti-aliasing, though.

Set it in the nvidia control panel for the game profile?

Nah.
I'm currently using 5120x1440 tho. No regrets!

I am currently struggling to decide if I should get a 144Hz va panel or wait for LG memeIPS stock for double the price.

4k isn't a meme but it sure as shit is DOA as a consumer electronics standard. 4k televisions definitely are a meme because there's no 4k content (and if it is, its upscaled 1080p) which relegates it to GAYMER territory and its not like gamers are tripping over themselves to play games at 4x the resolution and 1/4th the performance

you want a simple answer? the bigger the panel and the more pixels on the panel, the more power the panel uses. a retina macbook has a power draw of 45 watts and the processor only draws 7 of them. the main power draw is the backlight, not the panel itself, which is why phones with quarter of the screen area use much less power. and if we're talking amoled the comparison just gets even worse. But amoled isn't really acceptable for use in a computer monitor

i was on the same boat. The only way to decide this is to go to your local electronics store and compare both with your own eyes. fiddle around with the settings and ask the store worker there to run different demos until you make up your mind on whether VA is good enough for you. for me it was at least.

Been using a 4k but it's too much I'd prefer 1440p

you are assuming that you are percieving that as infinite resolution when your eyes are actually capable of resolving quite a lot more than that. shit, dude, i remember when the iphone 4 came out it was 'impossible to see the pixels' and 315 ppi looks gaudy as fuck now. if you do the math you "can't discern the difference above 200 ppi" but you know that's not true

but try and use windows on a monitor with a ppi significantly above 100 and get back to me as to why laptops aren't high resolution. its a usability problem, which is microsoft's fault, but people buy laptops over tablets because they need to get something done and if they didn't they would just be buying a tablet with a fancy screen.

I dont use my desktop with a 23" 1080p monitor anymore because its just too ugly
Id like to be able to read text, my laptop with 13.5" 3000x2000 panel gives me a semi just looking at it

Attached: RTX Option.png (576x470, 28K)

>my laptop with 13.5" 3000x2000 panel gives me a semi just looking at it
i bet it does, but you had to sacrifice significant battery life to get that visual clarity on your screen and a lot of people don't think that it is a worthwhile tradeoff especially taking into account how poorly high dpi screens work when you aren't using software specifically designed for the hardware. if all i ever used were adobe products and for less than an hour at a time then hell yeah i'd go with that but the thought of trying to get any legacy software running on a 3000x2000 display would make me legitimately reconsider it, and that's the reason i'm using an x86 computer in the first place

>sacrifice significant battery life
true, but Im on an ultra minimal linux setup so its not to bad, scaling works fine. also I run the display at 48Hz because programming doesnt really require it.
Im in a niche but its a comfy one.

They are literally not, I can't read the 20/15 row in my glasses or lenses so I can't see better than that which is 0.75 arcminute resolution. My phone's 400 dpi is in that 0.75 arcminute ballpark. I literally can't read that line reliably so my vision is not good enough

Some people can read that row, which is why they have it. My corrected vision is not good enough, maybe yours is. I can't tell the difference from other phones.

315 is 20/20 vision, literally the standard to correct vision to, most people can see 1 arcminute just fine

28" 4k reporting in

Nope

My 27" 1440p 144hz IPS monitor is fucking god tier

4K still scales shit for a lot of things, when 1440p scales perfectly

>4k is 4000x2000
"no"

4K is 4x the amount of pixels of 1080p, 1920x1080 = 2 megapixels (2,073,600), 4K = 8 megapixels (8,294,400px)

No because I'm not a fucking mongoloid who wastes money on meme resolutions.
1080p is still fine. When 4k becomes standard and priced at $100 for 24" I'll upgrade.

No. My only regret is how there are no 1440p 144Hz FreeSync IPS monitors that don't have issues with build quality (backlight bleed) or text readability. Always gotta make compromises with monitors.

i'd like 1440 for the fact you get more screen real estate w/o having to start scaling the UI, because UI scaling sucks, especially on win7, and aside i really like being able to see the pixels, it gives me a firm grasp of the UI, i also have cleartype off and use the MS PGothic font a lot due to this

Did anyone ever come out with one that was IPS and supported G-Sync? I had an early monoprice basic 1440p 60Hz and ended up selling it about five years ago. Miss it.

1440p is the sweet spot, so no.

Yes: rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/rog-swift-pg279q

Also a lot of Freesync monitors are "G-Sync Compatible" which just means they work with G-Sync without the hardware component. How well they work depends on the monitor though.

>muh 144+Hz
Biggest gaymer shit around. I have a 4K 60Hz monitor while my younger brother has a 144Hz monitor because he plays those retarded games. I can see why a gamer would pick a 144Hz monitor but there is absolutely no reason to get a 144Hz monitor if you're not gaming.

Wrong.

>virtue signaling on Jow Forums and getting mad at other people's hobbies is mature though

Are you stupid or something? What the fuck would you need a 144Hz display for if you're not gaming?

I never said gaming was a bad hobby. I said my brother plays retarded games. You really need to work on your reading comprehension. If you think Fortnite is not a retarded game, you can't be helped.

If you care about motion blur then getting a 120Hz+ monitor with some form of ULMB or BFI feature is worth it though, regardless if you're going to game on it. So you're wrong.

Everything is much smoother at 100hz+
Well, maybe movies will look choppier if the monitor has too good of a response time.

>Everything is much smoother at 100hz+
No it doesn't. It looks a bit smoother but it's most certainly not worth the fucking money. It's almost placebo.

>You're wrong
cope

>placebo
Says the mongo with a 4k monitor.

I'm gonna have a hard time coping with the fact that I'm correct.

>1080
>ever
when 24" screens became mainstreams like ~12 years ago 1080 was already insufficient vertical used in cheap models. while 1920x1600 was a good standard for all the pro and high-tier displays

I'm into post production and everyone who has to work with a DAW will tell you what a relief it is to have a 4K display.

i just moved from 1050 to 1080
feels comfy

>not playing minesweeper at 4k 120Hz

Attached: b90.png (645x729, 91K)