What are some laptops for us poorfags?

What are some laptops for us poorfags?

Attached: r.jpg (450x326, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-Apple-MacBook-13-MB402LL-A-2GB-C2D-2-1GHz-160GB-WARRANTY-64/264468240310?hash=item3d938917b6:g:auUAAOSw2rxdTimt
youtu.be/JN6MLPzJCYI?t=515
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used thinkpad

Netbooks

I wish I had enough money to buy stupid tech shit like this
ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-Apple-MacBook-13-MB402LL-A-2GB-C2D-2-1GHz-160GB-WARRANTY-64/264468240310?hash=item3d938917b6:g:auUAAOSw2rxdTimt

apparently they all work

The problem with old laptops like that is you'll need a new battery guaranteed and it will cost more than the laptop itself.

but it's only 40 bucks
>tfw doesn't ship worldwide

fpbp

How do you rate thinkpads?
as in x220>x230>t420/t430 and so on...
I keep looking up different models all the time and they seem the same by the specs and price so I don't know how to prioritize

Your phone plus a Bluetooth keyboard.

i believe the t420 (possibly multiple models of that same year or generation) is the last model which has socketed cpu. in other words, you can replace it relatively easily. there are some powerful fucking chips for that socket.

wasn't t440p one of the last to have socketed CPUs?
Now I'm wondering how far you can take those with upgrades

Finance a MacBook like the rest of the poorfags

Lenovo x131e
Any faggot Chromebook
Any old thinkpad

For a level up:
Dell 6440 i7/AMD 8790
Lenovo newer thinkpad for conformity to the faggots on this board
Lenovo y40-70, everyone says they suck but they're easy to take apart, service and clean.

lol

W520>T520>W530>T530>X220>T420

where do the t430/t440p fit in here?

450 had soldered but 460 was socketted.
The real thing is that the 20s have the classic keyboard and 30 can be modded with one.

Pinebook

>Pinebook
wht distro would you reccomend for such a piece of kit

Arch Linux has an ARM port. Although if I actually bought it I'd probably get the Pinebook Pro. Costs $199 instead of $99 but comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage instead of 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.

Anything with a 1080p+ screen>eye cancer screen door models
x220 would have been great if not for the dogshit display resolution.

between the x220 and T420
I like the T420 but the screen is the worst screen in the history of thinkpads.

you want it smol then get a X220, otherwise get a W series or worst case scenario a T5xx

X220 overheats as fuck tho.

Every major distro has ARM ports now (Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu). but before you go down that route make sure there are ARM ports for the software you're looking to run.

omg thinkpads reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: 2c647c35464c42dcb23e1cf24539e1513387f078.jpg (2560x1440, 330K)

Maybe you're poor because you finance macbooks

any specific reason you're putting them so low?

GET A JOB, sir!

Attached: download.jpg (306x164, 7K)

I just changed the CPU in my T430.

>Used thinkpad
/thread

Just get x2?? they are perfect daily drivers

>30 can be modded with one
does that include the W530?

yes

x220. it's gotten me through 2 years of university with nothing more than a £3 wireless card and 2 £15 9-cells (not the laptops fault. shitty chink cells).

they remind me of the DS Lite I had as a kid. all grotty and yellow.

>First letter denotes the type of thinkpad
X: Small form factor
T: Standard model
W: Workstation model
L: Cheaper model, build quality not as good
E: "Edge series" Consumer model, slightly sturdier than your average consumer laptop, but nowhere near as robust as X/T/W series

>First number denotes general size
2: ~12"
4: ~14"
5: ~15.6"
etc

>Second number is the generation
T420 is 2nd generation
T430 is 3rd generation
4th gen and later see a massive shift in design philosophy, only worth it if you either need modern CPU's for some reason or want lower power usage

>Third number denotes CPU brand
0 is usually intel
5 is usually AMD

For the specific models you'll have to do some research on what to get, but the short and sweet list will be:

T410/T420/T430/T440P are easy to modify, come with socketed CPU's but come with terrible screens. T440P screen can be swapped out easy, other models require significantly more work

X220/X230: Either TN (terrible) panel or IPS (Good) panel, light, easy maintenance, good laptops if you want somewhat modern hardware in a mobile package.

As others said, a used ThinkPad is probably the best value you can get if your budget is limited. Check out the ThinkPad general for more info.

How does the old keyboard really compare to the newer ones? Is it that much of a difference?

just keep it plugged in
no battery required

The old one has a better layout
The new one feels better to type on (in my opinion)

You can get a T61 in good shape for around $50-$60 and upgrade it to 8GB RAM. I have one with 2 extra batteries for entertainment if we lose power or something. Can play Warband, Doom 3, Oblivion modded, etc. Can obviously handle all basic web browsing, e-mail, movies, etc. Even came in handy when a friend needed to borrow a labtop to whip up something on a pirated version of adobe when his mac shitted out on him. (said it was slow but he was surprised he was able to get the job done)

you can even get a chromebook x131e and overwrite the propriety firmware on the mobo so you can uninstall chrome OS and install a lightweight linux. These things can run crysis on lowest settings and L4D on medium. you can get these for $40
youtu.be/JN6MLPzJCYI?t=515

Typing experience remains best in the business, but the layout leaves something to be desired if you are used to the old version. If not, it's literally the best laptop keyboard you have encountered.

*adobe photoshop
self-correct

You're retarded if you can't find a cheap thinkpad.

>You don't need to solve the captcha for your next post
>SIKE SISSY BETAKEK yOu FoRgOt tO sOlVe ThE cApTcHa

Attached: burn.gif (480x481, 1.65M)