Wtf this is awesome, why don't more of those shitty journos do this?

wtf this is awesome, why don't more of those shitty journos do this?

Attached: as.png (650x417, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eugdpr.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything is plaintext to me because I disable CSS and JS.

>be tracked and watch ads
>read the article without ads and tracking
tough choice

Most people just click the more prominent button. Reading is hard work. Especially from a computer - Christ only knows what the words *really* mean.

what websites are absolutely unusable with your strategy?

I guess default youtube, twitch, and hooktube (invidious works), my online banking. I've enabled CSS on github, gitlab, Jow Forums, and a few other sites, but that's it. Everything else I visit does not need JS and a lot of sites look better without CSS. Some are horribly broken and spew weird icons everywhere but that's crappy HTML.

It's because of EU regulations

but I thought the EU was pozzed

pozzed in basedness

>why don't more of those shitty journos do this?
That's for europe.
Tracking only for mutt goyim.

I meant why don't they offer text only versions of their articles.
Most of them just tell you to fuck off or pay a subscription

> visit plain text site
well, that's absolutely fucking based. that's the first for me where i've seen a site offer this.

Because when individually asked, most consumers will be peer pressured to opt for tracking, especially if their friends/social media share the article and they feel left out.
But if they try the same on a whole, big market, nobody is gonna be sharing the article in social media etc., nobody will be feeling left out, and hence nobody will opt for tracking an the article (and its publisher) will fall in obscurity.
It's the same principle as unionising, when together you have more negotiating power than when separated.

What they really want is what page you visited before you went to NPR. They use that for marketing and advertsing. They want to know what software/op system, but that can be muked with.

To avoid all that: just delete your cookies, and your super cookies. If you want to avoid that stuff like a boss, send cookies to a null directory.

Based ethical liberal media!!!

his own website

eugdpr.org/

Idk if it stops the tracking, but Ive always praised twitter for allowing you to visit tweets with script blockers. Itll just ask you to turn scripts on or go to "legacy twitter".

>right click > block element > #stupid.popup
>boom, normal twitter

Yes, but its built it, which is more than can be said about elsewhere.

implying this is bad

based