When did the average website start to look like this and why?

When did the average website start to look like this and why?

Attached: average website.png (1300x900, 116K)

There not being a netflix for website subscriptions.

i think websites started looking like that when windows xp came out. And who knows. maybe it was because it looked futuristic at the time or something.

When traditional media started to die and the shitheads proceeded to ruin the internet too.

Shit devs who do nothing other than play around with shitty js/css templates/toolkits/frameworks.
Disable js and everything 3rd party and you'll have a usable browsing experience.

When you're browsing on the phone there's one more popup that tells ypu to download the fucking app (which looks and functions exactly like the website anyways)

yea disable js on youtube
retard

>why?
Arms race for your attention span in the absence of substance, like how low-nutrition food products are racing for your taste preference with "natural" and artificial flavoring. Also dumb lawmakers.

why don't people like the look of pure HTML? It's sad how uncommon it is.

it looks like shit

>:-0

Yes, retard. Invidio.us works without js. Stop using shitty frontends.

Why would you post a picture of nothing, OP?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23_11-43-50.png (421x139, 21K)

I need some more info on that user, I need this asap

uBlock Origin, check the "filter list" screen.

because it looks like nothing, just black text with white background

the Cookie Banner exist because one africa country invented a law about cookies forcing the banner, but now everybody has this because no reason.

>Implying they'd click your ads even if they weren't using adblock.

Business as usual in the greed game. Also, find a better source of income. Seriously, this is why we run ad blockers, and why I stopped reading English-news websites obsessing with "PAY ME, OR FUCK YOU, READER". I dont care about revenue, and I don't trust them to vet their advertisements, so I get my news elsewhere.

Attached: CharaImage_Antibug.png (1080x1080, 1.39M)

I hate that shit. 99% of apps are just fucking websites anyway, if only there were some single universal app that could consolidate all those others....

disable JS right now, I dare you

>join
They track eveyrthing about you anyway, but if you sign up it's slightly easier
>newsletter
Getting more of your info to sell
>adblocker shit
greedy kikes trying to install malware to track you and sell your info and so on
>cookie shit
Let us track you and sell your info and install malware or fuck if (but don't really fuck off, just let us do it!)
>share
More ways to track you and data mine you and install malware and so on
>new content
Please click and reload another page so you can navigate back to this page and in the process have even more iterations of everything above to track you mine your data install malware and so on.

Wll that's the why. For when, as soon as we moved beyond plain static HTML, so the cancer started back in the 90s and has just continued to grow. At this point I'm pretty sure it's terminal.

You're a godsend user thanks

>it's an endless scrolling website
>it's an endless scrolling website that has the link you want to click at the very bottom so the only way to get to it is to scroll faster than the site loads

Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea

Attached: 1458480789241.png (800x733, 391K)

phoneposters

File -> Work Offline

It's called lazy loading and it's the most retarded thing ever. There is nothing more infuriating than looking for a very specific thing, and because the content is only loaded chunk-per-chunk, the only way to find what you want is to keep hitting page down for a few minutes until the entire website is loaded, THEN CTRL+F to find what you want. It's all for phonefags too.

Not to mention that 90% of all sites actually misuse the cookie banner.
It clearly states that the sites needs to give the user the option to accept or reject cookies without having to leave the site. But most don't even give you the option to say anything other than yes

>hit end

Attached: 1560873670374.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

>load my website
>3 first-party scripts
feels good man

When consumer computers started becoming powerful obviously. Need at least 500MB of RAM to open a simple page riddled with 20 different trackers, 15 popups, autoplaying video, a fuckton of JS libraries that has nothing to do with DOM manipulation. Fuck the modern frontend web.

And that's I got out of web design

Don't forget anti-user/privacy features specifically for data-mining purposes like pic related which is attribute of the a tag. You should thank Mozilla for protecting the web from privacy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-122910~2.png (720x293, 38K)

never
just use adblocker element picker to block that shit.

My blood is boiling. This is the worst thing to have happened to the internet by far. Remember being able to come back to a sectioned page of content like someones youtube video gallery, or link that page to someone else.