Is anyone unironically using Sublime Text?

is anyone unironically using Sublime Text?
why not?

Attached: subl.jpg (151x151, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is sublime text?

>goylime text

?

huh?

If they open sourced it, absolutely.
Until then, they can continue being greedy pork chops. He works far too slow for this to be of any value in 2019.

Notepad++ and VS Code are free, and not just in the way that WinRAR is.

eh?

I used to, but then I started using Atom. Sublime Text is the WinRar of editors.

Yes unironically the best text editer.
ctrl+d
map ctrl+up_arrow to go to eol
and ctrl+down_arrow for vice versa
ctrl+e maps to "console.log(`$SELECTION${1:}`);${0}"
ctrl+shift+up_arrow to move then entire line up
ctrl+l to select whole line

the plugins are fucking awesome.

If i could have sex with this editor i would

t. vim shills

I used it as my only editor prior to switching to VSCode due to its extension library being better.

However, i still use sublime for writing papers, as i've yet to find a better LaTeX editor than sublime + LaTeXTools.

I used it for years and stopped after trying VSCode for the first time. It's basically the same as Sublime but with more and better plugins.

VS Cuck is JS bloatware and NP++ feels just clumsy compared to Sublime.

I was, but I'm probably moving to emacs now that I've got a libre only laptop, I hate having too many setups.

I do. Even bought a license.

i dont understand these arguments
ok its closed source but you dont have to pay for it
its blazing fast compared to other "modern" editors

to people who used it and then switched to atom or vscode
how can you bare the bloat and how slower vscode/atom is compared to sublime? how could you regress

sublime is not written in javascript for one

Atom can be stripped down if you opt to install it without useless libraries you never use. Not quite sure about VSCode.

> vim shills
bruh

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-221810.jpg (1440x2483, 398K)

Any license keys floating around? Still mourning the loss of the NSA license.

I use it for window$ since I can't be bothered to use vim for it.
It's pretty neat, desu.

>ok its closed source
Handwaving isn't the move here.
Open source it or die in irrelevance, and judging by the cult fans and the idiotic creator, it'll do the latter.
FWIW, anyone who actually cares about performance isn't installing sublime either, they're already using vim/emacs/and so on. So you lose out on extensibility and speed of development for.... something marginally faster than VSCode? Not worthwhile.

Their license enforcement is looser than fucking winrar

>ctrl+d
>map ctrl+up_arrow to go to eol
>and ctrl+down_arrow for vice versa
>ctrl+e maps to "console.log(`$SELECTION${1:}`);${0}"
>ctrl+shift+up_arrow to move then entire line up
>ctrl+l to select whole line
Basic features any vim or emacs like texteditor either has already implemented in some fashion or are trivial to implement.
Why are you getting excited about such basic stuff?

I mean do you think Sublime is the only Texteditor where you can copy and paste entire lines?
Or the only text editor where you can go to the eol?

>Open source it or die in irrelevance
imagine thinking that 95% of all """programmers""" which are normie fucks anyway care about open source
only 5% cares about such trivialities and autismo stuff

vscode is the iphone of editors and thats why its popular
because normies dont know better or care too much if it werks(tm)
nobody sane gives fuck if their text fucking editor is open source or not

>v *
>$
>0
>lul js developer
>dd shift+p
>shift+v

of all the features you pick you choose ones vim does better with far better composed commands

>how can you bare the bloat and how slower vscode/atom is compared to sublime?
What do you mean by "slower"?
Do you think there is any relevant speed difference between VSCode and Sublime for a relatively small file?

Sure if you are editing files which are tens of thousands of lines long, maybe then there actually is a relevant "speed" gain, but who cares about that?

Open up the official Twitter page of NP++

The antifa dev is using his products page to echo his political views. That's a no for me senpai
Same reason i don't use Debian (Lesbian)

>you don't have to pay for it
But it's morally wrong not to.
The only slow things about VSCode are startup and C++ autocompletion. Since the C++ support is still better than anything you can get in Sublime (last I checked anyway), I can live with it.
I wouldn't lump Atom and VSCode together, but to be fair I haven't used Atom in years. Maybe it's not flaming dogshit now.

But VSCode is actually good, it has more features then the competition and is still very stable.

If the Iphone was free and its content free Software it would be a great device.

And if people are dealing with thousands of lines of code in one file, why the fuck are they using a text editor to modify it? Presumably it's for a big project, so they should be using a dedicated IDE.

>vim
>Vim is free and open-source software and is released under a license that includes some charityware clauses, encouraging users who enjoy the software to consider donating to children in Uganda

fuck off kike scum

Like, for instance, Visual Studio Code?

Attached: 1559874471953.jpg (348x403, 38K)

>why the fuck are they using a text editor to modify it? Presumably it's for a big project, so they should be using a dedicated IDE.
Where is the distinction between a Text Editor and an IDE?

i put down 80$ for it while i was retarded. i might as well use it.

>mapping for start/eol
lol what a retard with no home/end buttons
kys

>ctrl+e maps to "console.log(`$SELECTION${1:}`);${0}"
>If i could have sex with this editor i would
I believe you, you sound like you have the biggest sex of all.

balmer is that you

>encouraging users who enjoy the software to consider donating to children in Uganda
wow, Bram is an evil bastard for sure.

retard. Moving your hand all the way to home/end you might as well just use a mouse

don't use ecucks, become a part of the vim-masterrace

I use it to open up web apps when I need to look at something really quickly as VS Code is to slow. Im not going to pay $80 for something I only use for quickedits so I have the nag popups

get this
sublime+vim keybinds
BOOM
OWNED

Autocomplete, language specific features like refractoring or other gimmicks. Compare intellij idea communist edition with vanilla vim or notepad (no ++) for Java coding

I tried this, it's literally garbage. Nothing compared to the real deal

>vanilla vim
So the distinction between an IDE and a Text editor is installing a few Plugins?

Many "text editors" (like vim or VSCode) have the exact feature you demand.

That's because you're turning them into a half-assed ide (with the features you specifically need). Changing the product at hand into something else doesn't make the original product something different

Do the distinction is redundant.
If I download a distribution of VSCode which on the first startup installs a few Extensions it is an IDE and if it doesn't it is a text Editor...

No, it is not redundant. What you're describing is a code editor, which is the ugly son of a text editor and an ide. BTW, NOBODY gives a shit what you used to write your little fizzbuzz code, so don't bother

What is the distinction between an IDE and a "code editor"?

yeah, for almost a decade now
I've never even considered using anything else

some default makefiles and pretty buttons to click on

Looks like your feelings got hurt while talking about fucking code editors, wanna talk about it?

either lrn to nvim or use an ide like a normalfag
basedblime text is for fags

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/

i use it as a scratchpad. fast, and responsive. always have it open in background when i need to copy paste move manipulate data using regex and what not.

I use nano for one line edits, sublime for quick editing of files and VS Code as main editor for projects.
If I'm missing on something better let me know.

I use it daily. It's fast and comfy.

Seems to much work to pirate a text editor, especially when I've tried and still couldn't remove the prompts to register on saving a file sometimes.

VS Code is fast enough, works for my needs, and is free as in beer.

>pirating sublime

Attached: 1506378819606.jpg (640x480, 128K)

Can't run python nicely, I wish it did tho

I'm using it, and have been for 5 years

is that the brazilian name for it

uganda be kidding me

>Can't run python nicely, I wish it did tho
but it can
it has a build system for python built in

Working license

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
Member J2TeaM
Single User License
EA7E-1011316
D7DA350E 1B8B0760 972F8B60 F3E64036
B9B4E234 F356F38F 0AD1E3B7 0E9C5FAD
FA0A2ABE 25F65BD8 D51458E5 3923CE80
87428428 79079A01 AA69F319 A1AF29A4
A684C2DC 0B1583D4 19CBD290 217618CD
5653E0A0 BACE3948 BB2EE45E 422D2C87
DD9AF44B 99C49590 D2DBDEE1 75860FD2
8C8BB2AD B2ECE5A4 EFC08AF2 25A9B864
------ END LICENSE ------

Its output is dogshit, can't output results inline nor do graphics in the same manner.

Thanks, actually works. Not that I ever intend to use it.

Attached: sublime.png (850x760, 45K)

The only feature I liked when I tried ST is the little minimap on the right.
Then I found an IntellIJ plugin that replicated it.

Didn't notepad++ have a botnet or something a few years ago? I remember hearing something about that.

grow up