Whats the catch?

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2019-09-23_162846.png (479x473, 43K)

bugs everywhere
like randomly closing some of your last tabs on startup
that's not a bug that should ever make it to a stable release, so fuck you shills

yes

its botnet. use heavily customized firefox or a firefox privacy oriented fork.

No catch, except your screen resolution and cpu architecture gets sent to Jon von Whatever once a day so he can get an erection. Otherwise it's a great browser.

Based on Chrome.
Small team with no money so they'll take forever to reimplement all the features that made Opera 12.10 great.

Considering there is currently no good browser available, it's not too bad though.

This. Except for the FF fork part. There's no reason to use an FF fork over a customized FF. Using an FF fork can decrease your security as they are often behind on important security updates and maintained by just a few individuals, compared to the 1000's at Mozilla.

It's shit.
No, seriously, I've tried it out at work for quite a long time and I couldn't get used to it.

chromium clone #27817 now with laggy UI

>heavily customized firefox
this

>it's made by norwegians
>it's based on chromium
>it has a bad ui

It's not botnet, read their privacy statement.

>When you install Vivaldi browser (“Vivaldi”), each installation profile is assigned a unique user ID that is stored on your computer. Vivaldi will send a message using HTTPS directly to our servers located in Iceland every 24 hours containing this ID, version, cpu architecture, screen resolution and time since last message. We anonymize the IP address of Vivaldi users by removing the last octet of the IP address from your Vivaldi client then we store the resolved approximate location after using a local geoip lookup. The purpose of this collection is to determine the total number of active users and their geographical distribution.

looks like botnet to me

Pale moon is both faster and better all around, although it needs some tweaking to get your desired aesthetic just like Vivaldi does.
t. former user of Vivaldi for years.

So they know how many users they have and log cpu arch/screen res for improving the browser.

Also the devs are in no contact with reality and are only adding "features" and never addressing insanely bad performance further bloating the chromium code. Paraphrasing one of the community managers when asked about start times being 20x-50x that of chrome the answer was "Why would anybody close their browser?? I haven't noticed that.". It's the "bloat-max" of the chromium based browsers

Botnet chrom* clone with extra bugs.

>Looks at license
>No line explicitly says 'We record you through the webcam and send as much as we can to the NSA and Philip's personal hard drive if you're a hot slut'
>Phew, definitely no botnet there

What's the catch? I tried it, it's laggy af compared with Firefox. Can barely sustain 90 tabs. For comparison I have 2500 tabs open in Firefox right now. Mind you, I doubt any Chromium fork can handle that.

I'm getting into privacy autism with my browser. Installed Firefox since Chrome won't let me disable history and browsing as guest is limiting. Installed Noscript. How do I get Jow Forums posting to work with noscript? Jow Forums X extension?

>2500 tabs
that's retarded

std::exception& ex