I finally got a W701DS

This is it lads. Thinkpad nirvana.

Attached: AF9FCE3A-4FE3-4969-897A-0AA381C70D4E.jpg (1200x675, 63K)

>gets W701ds
>posts stock photo
user, you could do better y'know?

I have one of these too. Or rather I used to, before I gave it to my mom.

post pic pls

where the fuck can you even buy those anymore

>smacking someone in the back of the head with this
lmao you'd probably kill them

how

I haven’t gotten it in the mail yet.

eBay. They’re well over a thousand bucks.

Yes.

I converted money into a physical object. The rarer the object, the more money it takes.

Congrats lad. I've got a 700ds as I know I'll never find a 701ds in the wild

It can happen to you. Just be patient and believe in Christ Jesus.

Is the second screen as crap as they say?

Bros ta-dah

Attached: 1566921971222.jpg (610x457, 141K)

that's actually sick

Wtf my pp is hard

>Windows
Install CloverOS Minimal on it

Attached: 1544158871590.jpg (3120x4160, 3.31M)

> Install muh hobbist distro with no support

>he actually bought one online
Grats on blowing four figures on a 12 year old space heater with Raspberry Pi-tier performance and 10x the power consumption. I don’t even think Macfags are capable of sucking this much cultist cock.

Care to share the wallpaper?

>cirno with bobs
i don't know how i feel about this

linux is a fake operating system for faggots and niggers. get a fucking life you idiot. you're a fake fucking human who lives in lala land instead of reality. you're fucking NPC.

If I was going to spend that much money on an ancient computer I would at least want to do something useful with it.

Have sex

if you wanted to do something useful with a computer you'd probably just go to best buy and get whatever is cheap, or someone would be buying the computer for you to begin with.

nobody is doing ANYTHING useful with fucking ancient shitty laptops. it's just vanity for virtue signalling and e-thotting.

Yeah, but why embrace it? At least if you ran Windows or a normal Linux distro on it you could somewhat pretend you aren’t a tasteless attention seeking hipster.

This would be an awesome laptop if you could buy one for about 200$. If you pay anywhere near what people want for them, you are purely delusional.

Why dont more laptops go with a full size keyboard layout (without the nav cluster)?

I paid $450 for it.

absolutely fucking based

Attached: wolfgang-mozart-9417115-2-402.jpg (1200x1200, 196K)

>don't ever talk to me or my wife's two sons EVER again

Attached: iXGusxN.jpg (1360x1020, 227K)

Still bullshit for a meme though.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

I want a large screen laptop with a real keyboard and a numpad and a trackpoint and two screens.

It's literally the exact computer I want. I have a very powerful desktop if I need more computing power.

>Jow Forums
>doing anything useful with their cumpads

Attached: wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Listen, Pajeet, this computer is destined to run GNU/Linux, not some trashed out spyware out of Redmond. I might just Hackintosh it just to piss the fuck outta Jow Forums.

I mean, yeah, it’s painfully obvious you wanted a meme. Doesn’t change anything I said.

you bought it because Jow Forums has brainwashed you. there is not another reason. if you had had the fortune to not become an internet user, you'd have never even considered this bullshit.

Why's it bullshit? It's not really a lot of money for me. It's fun! Plus I'll enjoy lording it over people like you.

now cum on it

Holy basado

You paid $450 for a mundane $50 Core 2 shitbox with a $10 Atom netbook screen bolted on it as an afterthought because it had a hip logo on it. Some of us may mock you for that.

He clearly thinks it's a waste of money. You showing off a shitty ancient laptop is just you having buyer's remorse. Only Jow Forums and some reddit users can about that piece of shit

>Plus I'll enjoy lording it over people like you.
There you go. At least you're ready to admit you only got it because of what other people think.
That's okay though, I ended up asking for my dad's old Thinkpad too because of the Jow Forums memes surrounding it.

jesus fucking christ.

grow up. i mean that in the sense of 'mature to adulthood'.

>thinkhipsters are so dumb and eager to jerk each other off that they don’t realize this isn’t OP’s and OP probably didn’t even buy one

No I paid $450 for a nice large sturdy thicc computer the likes of which they will never again produce. The last and greatest of its kind - a pre-Ultrabook type THICCpad with several drive bays, multiple battery capability, and just enough CPU to do me, well, forever. Thousands of times the computing power of a Cray YMP.

You’re just super salty. Did you lose an auction poorfag?

>No I paid $450 for a nice large sturdy thicc computer the likes of which they will never again produce. The last and greatest of its kind - a pre-Ultrabook type THICCpad with several drive bays, multiple battery capability, and just enough CPU to do me, well, forever. Thousands of times the computing power of a Cray YMP.

so you wasted 450 dollars and you're a fucking retard. glad we agree.

You lost an auction because you're a poorfag. What's wrong, mommy didn't put enough allowance money into your Fortnite account?

grow up and stop using the internet so much. it is literally affecting your life and judgement. there is NOTHING you can do on the computer to improve your life except turn it off.

>no wacom
Plebian

>wacom drawing tablet
>color corrector built in
>fingerprint reader that actually works under linux
>a second screen
>huge screen
>thicc af
>two drive bays plus pci flash capability
>magnesium roll cage
>multiple battery capability
how much would they charge for this today, $5000?

i made two thousand dollars today on the computer

Your inability to type a sentence without forcing some reddit memespeak or yawn inducing trolling attempt into it really speaks volumes about you, glad I was on point with my assumptions that you're just seeking attention. Hope you enjoyed it.

fake faggot

Attached: Capture.png (667x298, 44K)

Imagine going up to a master wood carver and saying to him, "If you wanted to do something useful with wood you'd probably go to Lowe's and get whatever table saw's cheap" when he works with chisels on a bench he made himself.

Just imagine getting bent over that wood bench and being sawn from anus to neck over a period of days.

wait until I get it and make it work and start posting photos and screen shots, you'll be even saltier

maybe i'll do an unboxing thread for lulz just to make you seethe

Attached: maddow-263.jpg (800x420, 133K)

* I already have a W701 non-DS from which to cobble parts, they're almost identical, even the header on the board.

Just so the poorfags in the thread know, I was prepared to go to $900 to get this W701DS THICCpad. I'm glad to know I'm the wealthiest Thinkpad fan on Jow Forums.

It's kind of sad to see how many of our board members are poorfags, maybe you cunts should give up Marxism and get a job.

Good day sirs. Not madams. You will never pass.

I'm not going to get a job. Never will if I'm honest.

just go to karlie's koding klass

Attached: karlie-kloss-yoga-hd-wallpaper-64434-66614-hd-wallpapers.jpg (2000x1324, 741K)

holy fuck the cope
if you actually are OP you should invest some of that money in counseling instead of obscure trash nobody cares about, you're actually pretty sad

>obscure trash
you mean rare technological artifacts produced before the fall consumed us

i have a gyrojet pistol too

>rare
it's just a wintel shitbox dude, there's nothing really interesting about it outside of the thinkfaggot cult

>paying 1000+ for obsolete meme laptop
congratulations, i guess

That's a really bad price/meme ratio in my opinion, I couldn't justify spending that much just to get some (You)'s on Jow Forums. Nice check em's though.

>all the seething trannies who spent their shekels on HRT and not THICCpads
lol

best thread in a while turbo fags, i'll make another when I get it up and running and all Armor-All'd to perfection.

Enjoy your shitty old laptop I guess?
Jow Forums isn't a blog.

This one is the rarest of them all tho.

Attached: IMG_0109.jpg (2272x1704, 1.24M)

>shitty old laptop
oh you're just oozing, it's delicious

you know what

i'm going to buy 'em all up

i'm going to corner the market on w710DS's and then get pewds to shill 'em for me somehow and then sell them to arab oil princes for a million shekels a pop

how about the teeny tiny one the size of a floppy?

Attached: 5m3wgvsb0v6x.jpg (640x526, 80K)

>no trackpoint
dell makes one with a trackpoint and it's only $150 or so

maybe i should corner the market on those too lol

bets my microwave weighs less and uses less energy

based and bosom pilled

i bought it literally as an investment and something to restore like a classic car

in 25 years I'll have the only perfectly working harem of W701DS's and they will command such a premium that I can ask my price, the climate wars will have ravaged anything that consumes more than 2w fully loaded

I hope the chinks that make replacement motherboards make one for this too, that 1st gen i7 with a fucking g92 gpu is nearly useless now.

yeah there are very few laptops that you can comfortably play dwarf fortress on, that's gay

part of the reason i wanted the w701ds in the first place, dwarf fortress on the big screen and emacs on the little screen

it'll easily play fhd video, most games at fhd or lower rez, etc

games are just getting gayer now, gayer rehashes of the same old bullcrap, all the patrician games can run on a p3 or earlier

>THICCpad
zooom ZOOOOOOOOOM.

Imagine being that guy who bought up Apple I's in the 1980s and early 1990s as people upgraded.

how many of those beans have you had lately? the estrogen ones i mean