>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 / 2060 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: heatsinks keep your ears cool.jpg (3840x1631, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/m9f48M
youtube.com/watch?v=GU8VmJsX6-s
newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-850-gold-ssr-850fx-850w/p/N82E16817151188
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/
pcpartpicker.com/list/k48327
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Logical-Increments-PC-Buying-Guide-v0.9K.png (1400x2800, 477K)

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

Faggot from the other thread.
Need a second monitor, preferably 27 inch 1440p with freesync. Don't care about hz.
For 250 bongs max.

Whats with all these retarded units of messurements? I cant fucking tell a card from another by name anymore, you have so many fucking revisions I cant tell shit from left to right, if its 8GB of Vram then its 8GB of Vram, you should not need to check mhz and ghz to see if its 2% better at 50 bucks increaments... FUCK

Concrete example plz of what's tripping you up?

Reposting If I bent my ryzen cpu pins to the point my pc doesnt even start (at least I think that's what it is), what is the practical chance straightening the pins will bring the pc back to functionality?
Assuming it does, is there any way to check if the cpu is operating as it should? Or is it just running benchmarks and comparing to factory specs that can give me confidence it's healthy?

And in case the cpu pins are truly bricked, how likely is it the mobo needs replacing or has had its potential crippled even if I replace the CPU with a new one?

pcpartpicker.com/list/m9f48M

My final build. Aside from the storage space and cpu. I got the 9900KF from bestbuy, so if the 9900KS is worth anything, I have 45 days to return/exchange it.

Is an EVGA 650 W PSU good? I know it says 80+ Gold but I'd rather be safe than sorry

MSI Super 2070 or better to buy founders edition from Nvidia?

I can't find a definitive, founders edition is good/bad, what's the score?

>this is just you weaseling.
You posted my own post as proof that I am a shill/pbad person what ever. Where the first line is
>I want people to do tests for themselves rather than trust me or other reviwers.
Are you insane?

>except what you're actually doing is pushing a very specific set of benchmarks and spamming copy pastas about those small benchmarks whenever people are looking to buy a gpu
I post that when people mention old games. I mention that this is the results for those games and that it's not guaranteed that all games run good or bad on either gpus?

look here >If you care about certain old games I highly suggest you find tests on that game with the GPU you plan to buy. As neither companys GPU is guaranteed to have problems, or not to have problems.
>New games get tested by mainstream media reviwers a lot, so that's easy to find, but older games, require either friends who already have that card, or kind anons on the internet taking the time to test things.

>New nvidia gpus don't run like a dream either though.

So I don't understand how you can have this opinion at all. Based on all the evidence, some of which you yourself linked.
The only way your behavior makes sense is if I imagine you as this guy youtube.com/watch?v=GU8VmJsX6-s

Again here is a picture, read it, tell me how you think this is sane?

Attached: whats going on with this dude.jpg (1902x1100, 381K)

Reposting

Would you guys recommend me an AMD gaming rig/Photoshop station?

Budget should be around 1k, a little more if it has taxes/shipping, Ive already a 4TB HDD and 1TB SSD, I guess I can use my old case so I hope we can cut some corners there and use the budget in better parts

Thanks for reading bros

Attached: 07c35baf2ef9cbecf4bf55091dfb767a_XL.jpg (1120x1005, 124K)

And what was the price difference for you?

I have two questions.

1) Is 3200 MHz cl16 ram still a good option for Ryzen zen2 CPU?

2) I have bought for a good price nvme ssd but it’s large at 1 TB, can I make two partitions on that ssd without worries? I know that making partitions are more HDD thing but is this also viable with ssd as well? (especially with nvme if that even matters)

Found this for 210 bongs, LG 29UM69G 29 inch.
Any good?

Doing God's work, user.

>VRAM
Your first mistake is using VRAM as a performance metric. Hint hint, it's not.

>what is the practical chance straightening the pins will bring the pc back to functionality?
High, as long as no pins break. Even then sometimes the CPU will still work, because not all pins are functional

Founder's Edition is not recommended.

>whats going on with this dude
As usual, buttmad schizo /pcbg/ regular (and he's the poster of this OP). Refute his comments as quickly as possible then move on

>3200 MHz cl16 ram still a good option
Yes

>can I make two partitions on that ssd without worries?
Yes but logical partitions always suck. Just buy a second drive or use it as a whole

Reposting from end of last thread, which card looks better? They're the same price

Attached: 20190923_123328.jpg (1440x1303, 363K)

Attached: 20190923_123506.jpg (1440x1485, 500K)

If they're exactly the same price, the 2070.

Acer V277U or Lenovo Q27q

Get a better SSD than the 970 Evo Plus, you dumb memer.

>Gigabyte
yikes
For the same price you could get a faster 5700 XT.

How can I even tell if I have good airflow?

>he doesn't have a dedicated fog machine for airflow testing

Put your machine under load and look at your cpu/gpu temperatures.

>better SSD than the 970 Evo Plus

Can’t wait for that better SSD from your recommendation list

They are the same price, however I could get an EVGA 2060 S for cheaper. What's wrong with Gigabyte?

What's so bad about logical partitions?

man I asked you whats the price difference for you?

it's not the worst as a starting off point, but none of their builds is something anybody should actually be buying

upgrading my shitty budget power supply to this
newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-850-gold-ssr-850fx-850w/p/N82E16817151188

anything I should know beforehand? can I use the same cables from my old power supply for this?

Sorry didnt see that but I answered above, same price.

>can I use the same cables from my old power supply for this?
in some situations yes, but honestly don't do it. you can fuck shit up seriously if they're incompatible and the new power supply will have enough cables for you.

Should I bring my pc to my local Airplane Test Hangar then? Do you think Volkswagen would let me put my rig in their airflow machines?

Yeah but that wont tell me whats actually working/disrupting the flow and what not, it would only show if its lowering temps

I miss it.

They're either complete pointless (e.g., trying to separate an OS install from data) or downright dangerous (e.g., trying to separate OS installs). There are way better ways to navigate from the windows explorer sidebar

>their builds
We talking about logical partitions (of an SSD), not about the website logical increments

>newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-850-gold-ssr-850fx-850w/p/N82E16817151188
MODULAR POWER SUPPLY CABLES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DIFFERENT MODULAR MODELS

Same price? Okay I am almost done, give me like 10-20 min and I will give you a detailed response.

I don't understand how people fuck up this bad (if not a bait post)

Attached: 1568597092162.gif (500x491, 355K)

thanks, I'm a brainlet who got their computer pre built, the power supply was the main issue since the beginning meaning, I couldn't upgrade shit until I got a new power supply. I think my old one isn't even bronze

For 2060s I would get MSI gaming X version, (dual fan version) excellent quiet cooling.

Fuck, that was the first thing I noticed watching that show
Fucking giggled like a school gurl

Attached: 1271196543260.jpg (264x256, 43K)

This one? It's the same price as the other two.

Attached: 20190923_131834.jpg (1440x1306, 473K)

Just to add, the 2060 is in a weird sport where they're not technically low-end cards, but manufacturers decided to slap low-end coolers and used low-end parts on them anyways. As a result, unless you pay a premium price for a premium card, you're otherwise taking a gamble buying the stndard, low-end cards, whether they overheat or have terrible coil whine. I went through three different 2060 cards before I said 'fuck it' and splurged on a 2080.

Attached: 1251401371284.jpg (800x624, 55K)

Both are shit

I am done.
At the same price I would get the 2070.
Because it has 3 more VRM phases.
More in power intake through pins, which can give you a better overclock if you push max wattage up.
Cooling performance is very similar.
Performance wise 2070 should win.
I can't fully comment on how well they compare noise wise.
Lastly you should consider the port options on the GPUs and ttheir size is also obviously different.

Attached: compare 2.jpg (2338x5087, 2.53M)

>How can I even tell if I have good airflow?
Trial and error my friend. Behold the ultimate performance

Attached: peak performance.jpg (1309x1077, 551K)

Thanks, but if you don't mind could you take a look at this other 2060 S model another user recommended and would you still recommend the 2070 over that?

Building a PC and I'm a little below what I had budgeted for the build. Should I stick with the AMD Ryzen 7 3700x and save some money, or bump up to the 3800x for only $60 more?

what the fuck is that

What a helpful and informative post. Either suggest something or fuck off.

each time this is posted here, i don't know, shoud i laugh of cry

>What a helpful and informative post. Either suggest something or fuck off.

Attached: 1516580441913.png (700x700, 432K)

3800x is not worth it, stick with the 3700x and get a more premium component elsewhere, if you want a better processor look to the 3900x which is honestly overkill

PC for gaming only or you'll be doing some hard work with it

Which below 100€ ATX case do you recommend me for this build? Preferably one that has USB and headset connectors in the front side, like the left one in picrelated.

Also, should I get a cheaper PSU? I don't think this build demands more than 300W.

Motherboard: Msi B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU: RYZEN 5 2600
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC 4GB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA 500 W1

Attached: headphone-jacks.png (650x587, 359K)

here.
The msi one is clearly better than the EVGA one.
But it seems the 2070 is better in terms of performance still.
They all have essentially the same chip.
The only real question is how quiet they are.
If performance is the only thing that matters to you, Id probably go with 2070.
If more compact and quiet then msi 2060 super.
If you need DVI port for some reason then the evga

Attached: compare 3.jpg (3464x5064, 3.42M)

Mostly gaming. The work I'll be doing isn't anything that should stress the computer out (Word documents, making spreadsheets, etc). I'm not a streamer and I don't do any sort of video editing.

I'm an actual retard, will a 2070 super work with a freesync monitor? Do I need a g-sync monitor to get the most out of my card?

Attached: gettyimages-1169815817.jpg (776x531, 86K)

peak cooling performance, while also being pretty well noise optimized

laugh my friend, have a good chuckle, it's functional as fuck, but it's silly to match.

I just ordered a 1660, how retarded am I

Yeah it’s this one

>gaming
>3800x
user show rest of your build since you might be wasting money

pretty retarded since we know small navi is coming in a few weeks as is the 1660 super

Alternately, ignore and hide schitzo comments so he doesn't keep shitting up the thread. Don't give him (you)s.

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

G-Sync means G-Sync, G-Sync Compatible means Freesync with the necessary protocols to support Nvidia graphics cards. Not sure whether you're looking to buy a graphics card or a monitor or both at this point, but if a monitor is on the table look for models you're interested in and then check whether they appear in Nvidia's compatibility list, I think it's easier than the other way around.

This is probably the most relevant thread for what I'm asking, so: I'm trying to pick a secondary display to use with my laptop at home, but I need a quick check. A lot of 2K and 4K monitors are fairly close in price, so should I just skip straight to 4K (GPU is 1050 Ti)? How important is the panel type if I don't prioritise gaming, my main uses are 2D/3D animation, digital illustration and image editing, and just watching movies and shit And are there any meme brands I need to stay the fuck away from? I'm aiming for something like 24"-27".

there's always a fucking new gpu around the corner, I hate this shit.
>just wait for the new gpu bro
>wait for new gpu
>just wait for the newer gpu bro xddddd
every fucking time.

Here's the build I have so far. Probably going to be dropping/changing the speakers. Budget is around $2500 (USD)(not including speakers/monitor). What kind of upgrades would you recommend if not a better CPU?
pcpartpicker.com/list/k48327

>I'm an actual retard, will a 2070 super work with a freesync monitor?
Probably yes if it's g-sync compatible/ can provide freesync through display port, is freesync gen 2 and so on.
However just how flawless the experience will be depends on the monitor, so you should double check that on the internet before you buy.

just wait for the new gpu bro

it's within a month of releasing and there haven't been releases at that tier in a while. what do you want to hear. if you don't care why even ask.

I cant you didnt even tell me what model the msi is. I assume ventus, which was made for the 2060 and doesnt even fit the pcb

I don't know why I asked. Guess I was just curious if anyone else had one and how they liked it but I dunno what I'd get out of that.

Link to my build is here

upgrades to consider:
>3900x
>change 2tb hdd to 2tb m.2 ssd
>faster ram
>better motherboard, something like the x570 aorus master
I'd say roughly in that order

>just wait for next navi
>wow cyberpunk is out, memetracing is awesome, good thing that JewTX 30XX are right around the corner
>dayum AMD RayNavi will be out soon, i'll wait and see if they are better than 30XX
>wow nvidia again fucked early adopters in the ass and released 30XX COOM EDITION 3 months after releasing original 30XX
>well, intel cards will be here in a month, i should wait until i see benchmarks and value
it never ends user

Alright thanks, so I shouldn't worry about Gigabyte models using supposedly inferior?

Post your temps, I bet all that power consumption actually generates more heat that it repeals

Look man you should never look at things by brand, but by model to model basis.
One brand doesn't produce strictly better things, and one brand doesn't make strickly worse things.
It, depends, on, each, individual, model.
Not only does looking only at brands make you a good sucker for brands baiting and switching their good quality products to shittier ones and riding the wave of their old products.
But you also potentially miss out on companies trying better and putting in extra effort into their products.

Talk me out of buying a 3700x over a 3600 please
I play old games, Ive streamed these old games from a 2c4t and 4c4t i3 and i5 without hiccups before
I never run lots of stuff, to the point where the i3 never struggles in normal desktop use and I dont encode or compile stuff
My mind is telling me to get the 3600 because itll be more than enough but since the 3700x also falls in my budget it keeps nagging at me

>Post your temps
Temps of what user.
>I bet all that power consumption actually generates more heat that it repeals
Power consumption of what, the fans?

Finally got some proper ram after a year and a half using a stick I got out of a dell prebuilt.

Attached: IMG_20190923_134617.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

>Temps of what user.
CPU,GPU, anything your pc can monitor

>Power consumption of what, the fans?
Yeah

Technically yes to freesync with a 2070 Super but the monitor might not work well. Check reviews

>CPU,GPU, anything your pc can monitor
Okay, what kind of load, and for how long?

>Yeah
user, the power consumption of those fans is what 1.5W, that's nothing compared to the cooling they provide.

very nice user make sure to wear sunglasses so the rgb doesnt blind you

I wonder if I was involved in shilling you that ram

Someone here guilt tripped me into it

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-061603_1.png (1080x796, 162K)

I was in the same boat. I have decided that it’s good to buy now 3600 save cash and buy even better cpu when AM5 starts.

Does fancy motherboard audio hardware and japanese capacitors folded one mirrion times make any difference if I listen through a USB headset?

>Okay, what kind of load, and for how long?
Idle, normal use and anything heavy enough to raise your temps, surprise us user

Also post fans and sizes

>tfw

Attached: Cringe.jpg (639x575, 171K)

What monitor should I buy for £400-450 Jow Forums? Using a 2070 Super and it's mainly for single player games and WoW Classic (I don't play games like CS:GO)
I know TN a shit but dunno between IPS/VA

Attached: kazuya.jpg (600x600, 47K)

no, if you use usb your dac is inside your headset. an expensive soundcard won't do anything.

TN is not a shit, frankly it's ideal for most people because it's cheap, responsive, the colors are OK enough and if you're using it at a desktop then the viewing angle problem will bother you 0% of the time.

Cuasimodo here, I dont even know half the stuff that pic contains.... what are these features even mean? also the whole Freq CL RCD RP table I cant tell shit

tn is fucking horrible
get ips

here

Attached: idle.jpg (1506x476, 187K)

Not bad, hows the noise? Does it even make a buzz sound on heavy load?

I want to build my parents a nice mITX build. I'm planning on using ryzen 3000 APU. What's a good smoll case? Velka 3 looked nice but it's out of stock and idk when it'll be back in stock

Raspberry Pi and Wireless KB&M, unless your pops are actually gamers