ITT: famous programmers who definitely posted on Jow Forums

ITT: famous programmers who definitely posted on Jow Forums
>drop out
>only opinions are calling other people/things retarded
>autist
>unironic brony

Attached: 220px-Gabe_Newell_GDC_2010.jpg (220x204, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/boards/threads/gabe-newell-i-watch-my-little-pony-interviewer-youre-a-brony-gaben-yup.250129812/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>definitely posted on Jow Forums
still does. who do you think keeps shilling proton

This guy seems based

No (i know it wasnt newell cause its me who loves proton),i just like proton cause it made linux very useable for me without dual boot.

Proton doesn't even need shilling. It's clearly an amazing tool and Linux is the future of gaming.

GABE fuck OFF

How many proxies does Gaben have?

Based Gabe Newell

t. gabe

Nah just another unironic brony

Hi Gaben, can you please give csgo more love please thanks

It doesn't even open on Ubuntu Mate, what am I doing wrong?

Using MATE

All of them.

Yes

try turning it off and on again

Everyone on this website is indirectly using software I wrote right now.

No one cares faggot

If you're getting the popup where it won't load and says force quit / wait just click wait and then it should load. I use arch not Ubuntu tho but its probably the same issue

Why are you seeking my attention specifically? Are you lonely?

the window pops up, says it's going to play, but then it closes (no logo's just black window before closing)

I used Unity for a while, but then it stopped connecting to the internet, not sure why, same with default ubuntu;
It couldn't even find my wifi

Changing a DE won't fix your hardware or driver problems.

>Everyone
You sure about that? What is it?

It made no sense, because it worked with a live cd and fresh install.
Also, does Fedora have anything like "additional drivers" that Ubuntu / Mint have?
It's the only thing stopping my switch to Fedora

GNU/HL3 confirmed

Hi Brendan.

it's just wine inside of steam fag

Attached: 2011-11-24_203356_885783.jpg (1276x756, 406K)

>insulting Gabe user

Attached: penguin.jpg (326x326, 16K)

It's just a slightly patched wine

literally what is proton under the hood? all I can see is a python script few hundreds lines long and few dirs with wine and its dependencies

idk but it's 4 GYGABYTES

what
4.11 directory on my machine is 2.4G

>the asshole constantly posting durgasoft memes

FUCK OFF gayben, GOG and drm-free .sh installers are the future of leenux gayming.

Mostly just them taping WINE and dkvk together and it somehow werks

Valve basically funded wine development for the last 3 years

>>unironic brony
When was the last time he said anything a brony would say?

yiff :3

Link?

Attached: 1569004076791.png (800x600, 60K)

hey bro, i like dota 2 but tf 2 needs more updates

>yiff :3
Excuse me. As a brony, it hurts my sensibilities to be associated with furry degeneracy.

Attached: brony menace.jpg (536x593, 100K)

please kill csgo and make cs 1.7

A while ago he specifically said he was a fan of MLP
ign.com/boards/threads/gabe-newell-i-watch-my-little-pony-interviewer-youre-a-brony-gaben-yup.250129812/

GABE GIVE US A GOOD TF2 ULDATE GOD DAMNIT I DONT WANT MORE LOCALIZATION FILES

>3
Hmm.

It's more than that, and a lot of patches are directly upstreamed to Wine so that's why it might seem opaque as to what is different. Another main component is the xaudio reimpl, and yes vkdk.

What they do is pretty nice, it's basically a constant loop of finding the bottleneck of popular games and fixing them. It's what codeweaver has been doing for years, except now it's funded by Valve and targets games. The dkvk is was a lower hanging fruit compared to opengl with foreseeable results.

While major game engines like unreal and unity have already stadia to support, native linux support will be much easier as there will likely be less reliance on the Windows API and DirectX API, with more streamline native implementation of AV rendering, filesystem and network abstractions offered to game devs.

The remaining blockers for the Linux desktop are the same old things: packaging effort (including live patching, game launcher that are too often written with a C# gui frontend) and QA. Those are not changing anytime soon, so if Wine can simplify the path with providing a stable enough Windows-y environment I see no problem.

Is Gaben the only leader in proprietary software Jow Forums doesnt hate?