Red pill me about " D as Better C"

is it based?

dlang.org/blog/2017/08/23/d-as-a-better-c/

Attached: this.png (545x147, 13K)

yes

Attached: dlang is perfection.jpg (616x439, 30K)

Writing D feels like I'm writing Java but without a bunch of unnecessary bullshit.

improving on C is very easy

Name 1 language that is faster than C, on all platforms C supports

or as fast as C

forth

Nim, but only because its compilers translate to C before being translated to machine code.

It's not the language that's fast you mong. It's the compilers that make well-optimized binaries.

Who the fuck want to link a D library?
Is there one good d lib at this point?

based

Asm

sdl, vibe.vibe

¡ found D by accident and now writing it daily, D is able to integrate C/C++ inside it's code so you are never really limited by anything.

Garbage collected languages are for retards

>b-but you can disable the GC

Nice, now I've ostracized myself from the supported first class citizen way of using the language. I might as well use a language without GC in the first place.

That's why @nogc is pretty neat

FORTRAN

D can do anything you want, Walter bright tried to cover everything.

Want to write functional? go ahead!
Want OOP? Sure!
Hate gc? Turn it off completely or partly.
Need to integrate C/C++ in your code? No worries!

D is so flexible that you can write it in any way you want and mix everything in it.

binary

Imagine being this much of a brainlet. No matter how much you optimize javascript, it wont be better than a trivial c compiler

Wrong. If a language includes a high-level feature that cannot be optimized away snd the programmer uses said feature then no amount of compiler optimizations will fix it

One cool feature D has is that you can add your own Garbage Collector instead of relying on their.

D can interface to C/C++/Objective-C how about that!

D's "Better C" allows you to perform mixed memory management (GC + manual memory management)

¡ like D

D is a shit language that you 'll only hear of because Jow Forums has a D shill who was on the D dev team. He's been shilling D alone for years now.

it's not a shitty language

It's so flexible that you can do anything every other language can do combined

Did they finally make it easy to use C header files?

D is a language with no purpose, with no job it does particularly well, and no compelling reason for anyone to use it.
It completely fucked up its first impression by having a GC and so desperately going after sepplesscum, which is the worst idea because they're already been ruined and are never going to switch to another language.

It was completely flawed in concept and execution. It's completely dead at this point, and there is no reason for anyone to give two fucks about it.

Attached: 1568499801332.png (562x821, 405K)

¡ built my web server with D, ¡ still don't regret it.

D has reached the point where you are able to create websites with dynamic content in it like Angular but instead of js it is wasm.

>Doesn't return 1 in main()
>:(

Sorry user

Dick is better than cock

C++

shut up faggot nigger cattle
you are just jealous of dynamic arrays and functional programming
i'll find your ip and get you banned from all pizza places in a 10km radius from where you live anime pedo
i'll report you to the fbi for cp possession, tell your dad that you are gay, and send you anime blurays with hrt pills hidden in the cases because you're just that much of an hypnotised sissy
holy fuck you made me run out of insults, fucking zionite slave

Attached: dman-error_hq.jpg (463x640, 94K)

Doesn't even make sense, see , your request is almost tautological in nature

I could argue that C is shit by the same tack, by taking whatever assembly language your architecture employs and then asking you to show me a "faster language"

asm my ass