How many times do you update per week? How afraid do you get when you see a new systemD update...

How many times do you update per week? How afraid do you get when you see a new systemD update? How do you make it not fuck your system like it happens to many users?

Attached: at.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Every 2 weeks. But I am on Debian stable.

Every 12 hours, or so. Sometimes a systemd update triggers some warnings when I boot/shutdown

If updating breaks your system then you are doing it wrong. If you just use the standard updated in the software center then your system should never break.

I update whenever I feel like it. But on average every couple of weeks.

I don't use systemd.

3/4 times per day, i'm autism

Whenever I remember it, but usually postpone it until there's something I give a shit about.
Also, if I cared so much about systemd to the point of actual fear of updates, I wouldn't be using arch to begin with.

Like once a month, I don't even look what's updated. Arch just werks, the only update fuck up was that my terminal emulator and pdf viewer lost their fonts so all characters were displayed as hex rectangles, fixed by just changing their fonts.

morning and night maybe

you can thank gnome for that

I use KDE

>Arch can't even correctly display PDFs

ahahaha

Once a day,usually.
Never had an issue with anything but a couple of AUR packages.

Excuse me, I don't appreciate your misinterpretation of my post. Arch didn't have anything with it except for removing one of my fonts or renaming it, which caused any program not to be able to render those fonts. So it's not Arch's ability to display PDFs, but accidental removal of some fonts.

i fixed it by looking the package lol, eventually it will break but i hope it takes a while

i didn't ask

it's not the distro you retards

I operate most of my work on a standalone PC and use mainly a USB stick to install software.
So probably never, unless there is a critical bug that needs resolving.

>How many times do you update per week?
0.5 to 1 time.
>How afraid do you get when you see a new systemD update?
Not at all.
>How do you make it not fuck your system like it happens to many users?
By not worrying about it.

i've been running xfce mint on my htpc for the last 3 months and never updated anything.
why update if it works fine?

never had any problem after updating systemd...

I try to update weekly but more often than not I'll go a month at a time before updating. Every time I update, I reboot and everything is fine. systemd updates have never been a problem for me, nor has pacman ever broken my xorg.conf across the 7 years I've been using this particular setup.

i update when i change LTS version

My system never breaks. I installed everything properly.

only on saturdays/sundays and sometimes i take a week break because i forget

Attached: 1560864828496.jpg (960x1280, 215K)

I haven't done this in years because it hasn't been a problem since I fixed it, but you can set a fallback font so that you don't see those squares.

i have been updating blindly for 3 months (the day i installed arch) i update randomly so i update every 1 day or 1 week or in between.
So far i got two fuckups since then, the first one is the pango 1.1.44 one and the second is i have to recompile polybar because something java or whatever updated which happens on other systems

same lol

> How many times do you update per week?
0 */3 * * * root apt update && apt upgrade -y >> /var/log/apt-cron.log
> How afraid do you get when you see a new systemD update?
not.
> How do you make it not fuck your system?
if an update breaks your system you've done something wrong
>like it happens to many users
[citation needed]

>How many times do you update per week?
Depends on how many 0days are made public in a week, generally I run a full system upgrade each weekend but if there's a vulnerability that requires rebooting I reboot right away.
>How afraid do you get when you see a new systemD update?
Not afraid at all, systemd may be shit conceptually-wise but I never had any problems with it. (Apart from once when journald filled my system partition with old logs but a simple rm -rf command fixes that).
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I run Debian stable and usually I only bother once every couple months or so. Usually I'll put it off until there's some reason other than updates that I'm going to have to reboot anyway, like changing some hardware.

I'm not afraid of any updates because I've never had one break my system.

Attached: if I can do it tomorrow, I wont do it today.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

ignore, he's just spreading FUD

pacmatic

using ubuntu, is there a difference between the update tab in "Ubuntu Software" vs the application "Software Updates"? Thats pretty confusing

Once. Not at all really. No idea what are you on about.

Attached: shobon.jpg (599x357, 24K)

about twice weekly on my fedora install

Once a month, frequently less. For four years now. Never broke.
This
How do those flamers manage to break their system? I literally don't understand the "rofl i broke muh xorg conf mom" memes.

>How do those flamers manage to break their system?
toddlers who don't know what they're doing decide it's a good idea to edit system files while refusing to read the manual.

Every week on Saturdays. So I have time to fix shit if something breaks.

Attached: 1452796716772.png (914x620, 395K)