Red pill or blue pill?

Blue pill - it is permanently the 1980s. There are computers but no internet, mobile phones exist but are very few and far between. All media formats are physical.

Red Pill - it is permanently 2019.

Which do you take?

Attached: Red_and_blue_pill.jpg (3702x2094, 3.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

oxbridgeapplications.com/kyc/descartes-matrix/
openculture.com/2017/03/the-philosophy-of-the-matrix.html
timesofindia.indiatimes.com/hyderabad-times/The-Matrix-of-Indian-philosophy-Reloaded/articleshow/1526.cms
theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/25/movies-embraced-hinduism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blue

Neither. I continue to live in the contemporary world, eagerly awaiting the year of the Linux desktop.

Blue

speaking as a 26year old truck driver. ;)

Care to give reasons for your choice?

>Implying any of us here will live better with blue pill
Just take the red, it's not worth the "le nostalgia no social media" meme

Both - It's permanently 2000.

If I take both, does it average it up or add the total time since creation of the universe?
It surely doesn't add up the date since arbitrary point back in time when a non-existent jew was born.

This.

Red, it's not THAT bad currently if you are an IT guy. The real problems are gonna appear in the next years.

Blue

life was better
society was better

BLUE. It was a peaceful time full of wonder and optimism.

it has to be red, i make money off the internet

this

LOL you don't like phones nigga? Just don't buy one nigga.

Don't like internet? Don't go internet nigga lol

I liked the internet 10-20 years ago. I also liked pre-iPhone smartphones. Everything went to shit with "accessibility" and normal people getting access to tech they understand nothing about.

Blue.

Was it though? The 80s were so money orientated, as is depicted in popular culture. Britain was Thatcherite and the US was under Reagan.

That said, having lived through the 80s myself, as far as computing goes, I would say it was much more exciting. Computers were very promising and fantastic tools for writing and games. When you bought software it just worked, it didn't need constant updates. Computers were not normie in the 80s.

Attached: xenon2-1.jpg (640x400, 35K)

Also there were some cool competition going on.

^^

The greenpill: it is permanently pre-industrial revolution.

Attached: unabomberman.jpg (800x1000, 358K)

Blue, things haven't gotten completely out of hand yet and if it freezes here it's fine.

That's not actually very green.
Humanity's actions were already harmful and unsustainable at this point.
Real green pill would send one forever into the distant future when all energy is fusion/renewable and humanity lives in harmony with scientifically-managed post-nature devoid of suffering.

Attached: tumblr_o3my6kLNiV1tzue9go1_1280.jpg (1280x1280, 312K)

>no internet
Red

>Words words words words words words words words words

Attached: 1506955704560.jpg (600x620, 214K)

Based anti-intellectual retard

More like the year of the IBM Gnome desktop

>Real green pill would send one forever into the distant future when all energy is fusion/renewable and humanity lives in harmony with scientifically-managed post-nature devoid of suffering.
But that'll never come. It's more likely human existence will have wiped itself out and earth turned into a second venus.

Brevity is the soul of wit shoe shine boy.

Attached: 1476632526685.jpg (402x325, 27K)

>Turn into a second venus

Do you not know how atmosphere works?

based
cringe

eat meat
produce testosterone
have sex

It should be eternally September 11th 2001

>quoting a film made by mentally ill brothers

Attached: 1576696116903.webm (404x368, 2.2M)

Blue all day everyday 2019 is the first step towards distopia

Earth can go full Venus mode if it ever reaches boiling temperatures.
And the warmer it gets, the more water vapor is there, enabling more warming.
At the point it can't go "critical" because vapor pressure is exponential with temperature, but there may be a time when that changes.

In the 1980's Aids was new and scarry as shit. Chicks thought the were going to die if they had sex. Not to mention the medical advancements that have taken place in the intervening 30 years.
No thanks. I'll keep 2019.

i love this webm
anyone know what video this is from?

>patriot act
>every year

No just the single day

it's called the red pill for a reason
and i'm taking it for that reason

>1980's
>cheap mosins
See ya narks later!

Nothing original in The Matrix. They got the idea from Descartes and before that, Plato.

Oh, and before that Hinduism has a shitload in it about the universe being an illusion.

Not him but working in tech sucks. The party was over before we got started.

bump

both these options suck, take me to 2222. so i can be in the year of quads.

The cyanide pill.

>I would say it was much more exciting. Computers were very promising and fantastic tools for writing and games.
That's part of the problem; a lot of the excitement was more about the future potential than the already accomplished reality. OP's scenario murders this optimism in the cradle - all that imagined cool future stuff can never be.

>it is permanently hell

brev. = wit

so, permanently 2019 means everything from the past still exists, meaning all the physical media are still around and all the advancement in technology are freely available to me.

what kind of absolute retard would pick the blue pill?

I don't think so. We will have SBCs with non-x86 CPUs and no proprietary blobs needed soon. It will be possible, again, to know all the software your computer is running and still use it as a modern machine

Attached: 62d.png (680x383, 361K)

Anything to be rid of phoneposters. I just want the nightmare to end.

>Humanity
>harmful
No one gives a single shit but humanity. Your decadent ideology and comfortable life is only possible because of those "harmful" people.

for

>morality is decadent
Why are you immoral hedonists so fucking retarded?

>immoral hedonists
t. middle-class, first-world faggot who consumes more than anyone else and preaches more than anyone else

You're a pussy for not going far enough that humans harvest black holes for energy.

>bawww you must be my strawman!
I'm frugal as fuck.
What's your next straw to grasp?

You do understand that more resources are required to sustain your special-snowflake urban living than that of your neighbour? Your entire lifestyle and ideology is all about giving yourself a pat on the back while pissing on the working-class.

Wrong again. Grasp some more.

>Humanity's actions were already harmful and unsustainable at this point.
How did you come to that conclusion?
In 1700, there were about 600 million people on the entire planet. The principal source of fuel was wood, which grew back faster than humans could use it. Coal was only mined and used on a very small scale, the carbon released was quickly re-absorbed by other plants.
North/South America was largely uninhabited, aside from small colonies and natives living the same way they had lived for the past 10,000 years.

The industrial revolution, fueled by coal and fed by natural resources is what sent us on the skyward trend to consumption.

Just fucking condense.

>The principal source of fuel was wood, which grew back faster than humans could use it.
Lolno, deforestation was a major problem already.
And that's after coking was invented in Europe, where it saved tons of charcoal that has by then became pretty expensive due to massive deforestation.
>the carbon released was quickly re-absorbed by other plants
There are many other measures of sustainability, though.
Deforestation, availability of non-renewable resources, pollution with heavy metals released during burning of coal, mercury mining and usage.

Even if something magically kept the technology at static level, they'd quickly hit "peak iron" and also start getting increasingly horrible diseases from the heavy metal pollution.

Deforestation was a problem in western/central Europe, which was jam-packed full of people compared to everywhere else in the world.
You are right though, any iron age civilization is still going to experience population growth and therefore increased resource consumption, but it would have been much, much easier on the earth compared to our world where the industrial revolution happened.

Were you alive in the '80s? Because that excitement was a perfectly valid part of the enjoyment, but it wasn't the overriding thing. Most of the enjoyment, by far, was in the present-day use of the machines.

I'd rather fucking kill myself than take either.

can I reject both?
if not, red pill I suppose

blue

but if i was a white female in the west
red

>can I reject both?

You can, but like you have to an hero.

>blue

>but if i was a white female in the west
>red

Point taken.

Red.

Immortality is hard to pass on.

Blue pill as long as I can enroll in a university that has Usenet access so I can shitpost.

Or at least, I live somewhere with a BBS I can dial into.

blue

This

Does blue pill feature Concorde flying?

Sorry zoomers the world was a violent shithole in the 80s

No they got it from the invisibles, john woo and William gibson

thinking that past was less fucked up is the blue pill you took.

Descartes and The Matrix:

oxbridgeapplications.com/kyc/descartes-matrix/

You can easily take it as far back as Plato's Cave. Easily.

openculture.com/2017/03/the-philosophy-of-the-matrix.html

>eagerly awaiting the year of the Linux desktop.
you should have taken the blue pill, now you are just going to swallow the black pill with time - there will be no year of the linux desktop.

And here's the Hinduism link:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/hyderabad-times/The-Matrix-of-Indian-philosophy-Reloaded/articleshow/1526.cms

Basically it's an idea that's been around for millennia, The Matrix just gave a modern take on it.

theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/25/movies-embraced-hinduism

"“Look at the first Matrix movie,” says producer Peter Rader. “It’s a yogic movie. It says that this world is an illusion. It’s about maya – that if we can cut through the illusions and connect with something larger we can do all sorts of things. Neo achieves the abilities of the advanced yogis [Paramahansa] Yogananda described, who can defy the laws of normal reality.”"

oh shit - you actually won.

Hi uncle Ted!

>Real green pill would send one forever into the distant future when all energy is fusion/renewable and humanity lives in harmony with scientifically-managed post-nature devoid of suffering.
you have to be over 18 to post here. Believing anything you wrote is ever going to happen is too childish.

>Indian yogis came up with the idea of magic powers

*tips katana*
Psssh, them silly childish sheeple, believing in "good" and "morality"...
The cold, dark truth... the REAL truth, that you won't learn outside the hurtbox... is that the world will be PAIN!
Corpses... blood... degeneracy... dystopia... that's all that awaits in the future...

you have to the only person who has a problem with it. Both of the current political factions respect the matrix and its creators.

this
*presses play on yakbak 2k*
"this"

Attached: 421107687_tp.jpg (396x300, 49K)

i mean.......if i have to realistic............ your exaggerations are almost the way most people imagine the next 50-100 years. You can make fun of me, but tell me: are there any positive predictions about the future coming from many people right now?
for every 1 person who sais the future is going to be great there are 99 saying it is going to be shit with various reasons that even some times are orthogonal to each other, but still make sense.

Remember in the early 20th century when people were extremely optimistic about the future and then three world wars happened

that is the thing though - it is much more possible for things to go to shit than it is for things to get better. YES, we may find aliens that solve all our problems, or maybe find some new energy source, or maybe find some new planet where we fix current ethnic problems and maybe there will be a miracle that happens that fixes everything.
But to be honest,, we all know that this is not going to happen. What will happen is that the worst fears of our current generation are going to come true: climate change, natural resources depleted, people in europe and usa are going to be ethnically replaced, china may start a war/continue colonisation, computers - machine learning are going to be used mainly to create dystopian societies where people are controlled.... basically if you want to see the future of humanity - look at china but imagine that every person is black and also instead of Chinese buildings you will have African "buildings"

>- it is much more possible for things to go to shit than it is for things to get better.
how do you know?
the point is people are often wrong about the future

oh and lets be clear about 1 thing - the moment some reasorces start to deplete this will make political problems big enough to start ww3.

I'm old enough to have lived in the 1980s

tell me how things are going to get better?
Natural resources are going to appear out of nowhere? Political problems are going to be solved without opposition? The GNU/FSF community could not keep RMS in power and you have hope for the future of humanity - grow up.

On a more serious note - how old are you? if you are 20 or some low age like that i will just stop because i do not want to depress you.

How old are you that you think RMS or the FSF have any relevance to anyone is a better question
If you're worried that much about resource depletion you don't fully understand the issue and should stop looking at linear extrapolations of the future

holy fucking based