/pmp/ + /iemg/ Portable Media Players and In Ear Monitors general

Together at last Edition
This thread is for the discussion of portable mp3/FLAC/OGG Vorbis players.
•Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC
>more output power so it can drive highend headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work, and some people use dumbphones
Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide pastebin.com/fe2LFFdV (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery web.archive.org/web/20170708033500/http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/ Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics

• Archived Threads : rbt.asia/g/search/subject/pmp/
rbt.asia/g/search/subject/iemg/

How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source
>Location
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
>Past Gear and your thoughts on them

Attached: 1552511310349.jpg (1448x2996, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much should I pay for a used ipod video?

Do you mean in general? I'd say no more than $40 for a 30gb in decent condition (no major dents, components don't need to be replaced).

Thanks user!
Just looking for a cheap pmp, and an used ipod seems to be a good choice

Thread is also for the discussion of IEMs, as a little thing to note.

Anyway, looking for a PMP with a flexible PEQ and 20+ hrs of battery. 2 Vrms or more output preferred.

Looking for some IEMs with a detachable cable

>Budget
50 euros
>Location
EU
>Source
My phone, Moto g5s
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
IEMs, idk
>Sound signature
Mid centric/ warm. I'm also kinda sensitive to higher pitches, so I don't mind that being toned down a bit.
>Past headphones
Sony MDR-1A, I really like them

What are those earbuds?

Kinera SIF
Lotoo paw mk2
Lotoo paw gold

thks OP for actually going through with the merge

It still needs to be cleaned up a little.

An M0 is all you need, an M11 is for that extra bit of quality and more freedom of use since it's Android.

Attached: IMG_20190910_084939.jpg (1536x2048, 979K)

How is your experience with the m11 so far? Is the android experience worth it? How about the battery life?

hey DM6 weeb did you get one of the early DM6s or did you get the V shaped one? Do you plan on upgrading?

Battery life is great, can go for 2 days of music playback with ease given that you aren't streaming or playing DSDs all the time. The Android systems is great, you can basically get everything you need and customize it however you like. The only gripe I have with it is the lack of Google play services but that in itself could be a plus ( less botnet and battery draining services ).

One annoying thing is the screen calibration, the white point is at a very cool point, and I'm yet to find a way to fix it without root which is not possible as far as i know currently.

Attached: IMG_20180604_174808.jpg (1587x1190, 397K)

Indeed, M0 a best

Attached: file.png (1127x949, 1.33M)

There is a V shaped DM6?? My set are from the first batch they had before the hype got big. I tried the S8F recently and didn't find it to my liking, if i do upgrade I'm thinking of checking out the T800.

Attached: IMG_20181226_150808.jpg (1587x1190, 750K)

bamp

Hey guys,
Today I saw a guy on train carry a PMP but I couldn't figure out which one was it. It looked kinda like iPod classic in shiny aluminum case and it had a black "dial" (not sure if it was a scroll wheel like iPod or just for decoration).

Anyone know what that was? He also had a Chord Mojo attached to it with a rubber band.

ram & rem? who did the customization? looks nice.

Pls respond.

How bad would it be to pair a FiiO E10K with HD650?

I'm in Canada and availability is shit for sub 250$ amp/dac. Everything seems to need to be bought from the USA bumping the price significantly.

Attached: 10615967_10202636624304584_7403448088622362422_n.jpg (367x960, 102K)

>/pmp/ + /iemg/ Portable Media Players and In Ear Monitors general
holy fuck OP
just call it Portable Audio General

Should be fine.

cute little players, but I still prefer the hiby

Attached: hiby r3 kanas pros timecop1983 gone.jpg (1200x1072, 641K)

FiiO X5
just ask the chink when ordering

Has anyone else been using the rockbox port on the m3k? I've had some issues with changing any audio where rebooting has the device perpetually muted unless I reset all settings. Not the biggest deal but still buggy. Still much faster than stock FW but it sucks switching back and forth if I wanna add music

Attached: 15692843230652086884789.jpg (4160x2340, 1.57M)

>FiiO X5
yep! that's it.
also, I had no idea Chord Mojo was that small in person. I saw it in pics online and it appeared bigger than it was. the price is ridiculous tho.
>just ask the chink when ordering
it is silkscreened or do they embed an image into the epoxy or something?

How long have you had yours?

Came out to $35 shipped. Now I wait.

Attached: 340204B4-7F09-46ED-8706-B50D281BEF83.jpg (1242x1438, 929K)

Top 10 best crossovers

You wont find much like this at this price. extend your budget and look at the fiio fa1 or rose mini 2 mk2

whoops was meant or

looking for a player with a kinda neutral/bright sound signature for my new final heaven IV. Its a BA set so it needs a relatively low impedance. i have around a $100 budget and i live in america.

new in box or used?

Lol. Unless your dap sucks ass it's going to sound the same as any other good dap. Shanling M0 is under 2 Ohm output impedance and has been tested and tested again here and elsewhere. Lots of features too.
>Red and silver
Ugly but cheap.

Replying to guy from last thread
>My galaxy buds crapped out on me AFTER getting them replaced so I'm back to using my Gear IconX. I need a recommendation for decent truly wireless earphones that aren't exclusivly tied to a brand (like samsung)
>Price doesnt matter, I just need to suggestions to look into.
I've been recommended Earfuns here. I've ordered them but it's still a couple days until they come so idk how they actually are.

>tfw can't decide between hd650 and HD600.

They're the same price here, can't decide if I want more clarity or more bass response/"fun". Is the "veil" problem as big as some people claim?

Maybe the key is to never listen to the HD600 ever so it doesn't ruin every other headphone.

A month. So far, great experience with it. I thought I'd use the BT functionality a lot, but i don't use like that so often.

used
I agree on the colors but can't complain price wise.

Is the break-in meme real or...well, a meme?

A meme. No measurement has ever shown any constructive info on it. It´s mostly placebo.

Dear anime friend, I'm getting my pair this week. I'll post my impressions here thoroughly.

Attached: 1497229652459-1.jpg (300x284, 28K)

How shit are phone DACs?
Assuming I have good headphones and audio files. How much of a difference would I see going from a Galaxy s8 to maybe a simple ipod 5? I want to get into pmp's but dont really want to waste a shitload of money on something I might not see the biggest difference from.
I guess I'm asking what's the least amount of money I could spend to actually see a difference

HD600 all the way.
>Is the "veil" pr
it's total nonsense propagated by idiots.

Just to be clear, the veil problem would be with HD650, not 600.

neither of them has it. I've owned both and they're both great. but HD600 is more flat of the two and less colored.

>I've owned both

Which one of them would you prefer to instrumental & electronic music? Almost none of the music I listen to has any vocals, and I do like to get some punchy/fun bass where it's needed, which is why I'm hesitant to get the HD600 if it's overly dry & analytical. Then again, I don't want to get the HD650 if it's losing me a shitton of clarity just for some boom.

just go for HD600 for everything. these are the only cans that I can put on and listen to shit for 8hrs straight. they don't change the sound. you'll hear everything clearly the way it was meant to be heard. you can always EQ if you desire so. you can easily EQ HD600 to sound exactly like HD650 for example.

How do I prevent my ear-tip pieces from essentially falling apart over time? I listen to music a lot and it's mostly just from use. Anything I could do to make it a bit better on the pieces?

Clean them if they get dirty. Take good care of them when not in use. And of course buy replacement tips when they do go. Silicone tips last longer than foams but they all eventually wear out.

Cute Tachibana. Planning on getting one as well.

I use an old iphone 5s with a apple dongle. the problem is its only a 16gb and doesnt fit everything i have or even everything just the albums i listen to a lot.

earfuns graph looks scary

Attached: OluvTwsMemes.jpg (768x352, 38K)

brainlet question for hiby r3 fags. i have an album that shows up on the r3 split into two albums:
>gateways to annihilation
>gateways to annihiliation
the typo isn't in the tags, any idea where the fuck could it be coming from?

Who here still team iPod? I've tried a number of chinkshit players but they all have garbage software that works like shit. Got rid of them all.
I dread the day when mine dies because a replacement will probably cost me >$1000. I'll probably buy a spare soon just to have a reserve.

Attached: 1538776391700.jpg (1605x2283, 758K)

I wanted one, but the sheer amount of issues of getting one in my country nowadays kept me away from it.

>sheer amount of issues
I'm curious... what issues user?

Most users are selling them around here for ludicorous amounts of money (that is, for a device with 10+ years of use).
Add to that the need for that Apple 30 pin cable, the fact that if I need new batteries I'll be screwed, shit that can happen with the HDD...
I just wanted it for the positive feedback of the dial, not gonna lie.

Attached: 1563828231768.png (298x262, 15K)

30 pin cable is literally a $2 from chinkshit sites.
batteries are still available for $10
HDDs are also cheap and can even be replaced with an SD or compact flash card.

I know all of that, and none of those are struggles I'm willing to put up with when i can get a smaller, USB-C device for a fraction of the price. I understand your points, I just have mine as well, and I've chosen to stick with the M0

>mfw STILL no rockbox for FiiO X1 and probably never will be

Attached: 1500262563005.png (307x307, 107K)

My galaxy buds crapped out on me AFTER getting them replaced so I'm back to using my Gear IconX. I need a recommendation for decent truly wireless earphones that aren't exclusivly tied to a brand (like samsung)

Price doesnt matter, I just need to suggestions to look into.

Attached: 9cd7ff31618f76f31d021bb25e63760085436b0e_00.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Install Fdroid, and RedMoon, and you can control red vs blue shift. If I understand your issue correctly, this should fix it.

Learn to read nigger:

I love my little Panchito player here I brought to life

Attached: IMG_20190923_203238.jpg (3456x4608, 2.07M)

So you don't ever feel they're too boring or missing something?

HD6** fanboys will go and say their headphone is the best thing ever made, nevermind trying to explain them newer, better offerings exist.

Such as?

No. Never. I come from the school that cans shouldn't color the sound. I can always EQ stuff if I need to.

search for some reviews... for example this is the top result on YT:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4

Thinking of getting the M11 to go along with my HD600 with balanced cables. How hard am I getting memed on.

On paper, the M11 should be able to power the 600 but I don't know. Would a separate amp, like the A5, paired with the M11 be better?

Speaking of M11, anyone thinking of picking up the pro later this year?

Even fucking HE4XX's.
I know, i've had both with me for some time, and kept the hifimans. Why? Because they actually have some sub-bass.

>Budget
$75
>Source
Phone
>Location
US
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
IEM
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
Rock and Prog
>Past Gear and your thoughts on them
N/A

How much does Shanling pay all of you?

A bit more than Taotronics

It's Rem and Megumin. I edited the psd files and then sent them over to the seller.

What. Why not Rem & Ram? Sounds like you need to download more Ram.

>file deleted
oops, meant to put that with something I was halfway through typing, not this

which seller?
>Rem and Megumin
horrible matchup.
should have picked Rem & Ram or Aqua and Megumin.

To each his preference, plus I didn't want to go with the generic mainstream pairing that is Rem and Ram, so i decided on a unique pairing of characters that I adore.

The shop is BANGGOOD store but I don't recommend them at all, their delivery was trash and I had to wait very long time for my pair after they shipped it without tracking.

Attached: IMG_20190322_000646.jpg (1587x1190, 846K)

oh i would BANGGOOD them alright

I like theme things. Meg & Rem have nothing in common. that was my only criticism.

if anyone wants to do something similar, use the Isekai Quartet artwork... it's a lot simpler and looks better st small sizes.

Attached: 1551388217576.jpg (210x240, 17K)

Ah shoot, meant to reply to you but replied to myself instead by mistake. Check my above reply.
To make it up to you here is a watercolor piece that a friend made for me that you wont find anywhere.

Attached: IMG_20190218_190529.jpg (1951x3120, 2.42M)

lcd2F vs lcd3? how are they different? answer me

Attached: 1554050481607.png (640x640, 61K)

If you can't search for the answers yourself I don't think you need to invest in them at all, just audition both and check for yourself

ree

Ordered them long before Isekai Quartet was a thing.

>finally get the gob of earwax off of my C10s
>the grill pops off with it
>pop it back in with some pushing for assurance
What are the chances that it'll pop off and land in my ear, destroying my hearing?

Just bought IER-M9 for $725 USD from my local store after some more negotiations.

I was tempted by Xelentos near me selling for ~$450 and perhaps picking up some other shit for ~300 but I've already got the XBA-A3, figured I didn't really need more DD bass. Just wanted the transparency and better highs with at least some semblance of bass relative to the Andros I tried. M9 trades a bit off the top but very much enjoyed my time demoing them moreso than I thought.

Attached: m9.jpg (1682x1236, 175K)

I use my Clip Zip to listen to music in the car (with an aux cable). But when it gets low on battery and I plug it in the 12V plug charger, it hisses like crazy and I have to stop listening to music. Is this normal (interference caused by the car/the pmp charging)? Is there an easy fix?

Ground loop isolator between the clip and stereo.

Interesting, thanks. Would those

is there anything decent that i can buy new and has support for rockbox? or all the decent players are discontinued?

FiiO M3k just got it but people are having issues.

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
Fuck you

xdsd bt via phone (tidal) or just hiby r6.
what should i go for, anons?
i'm using er4xr w/ copper cables.

What kind of issues?