Less than 4 months left. What the fuck do we do then?

Less than 4 months left. What the fuck do we do then?

Attached: w7.jpg (1200x766, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

0patch.com/
vimeo.com/6444924
twitter.com/AnonBabble

qubes

Slackware.

Stay on it.

is that a ThinkPad

windows ten is pretty nice
and it looks nicer unless you use win 7 with the classic theme

Yeah, looks like a T400 or a T60

Install XP

10 is a bloated mess that looks awkward and inconsistent, and has a chance of breaking every major update

>install a antivirus
>use a supported browser
It's gonna be like Windows XP EOL. When the companies stops to provide support for their softwares in Windows 7, i'll move on to another OS.

you keep using it, it won't magically stop working or anything, if vista and xp are more than usable nowadays then there should be no problem using 7 for at least 5 more years

Imagine being too stupid to even run windows

imagine shilling for pajeets

>I'm dumb
>You're a shill
Pottery

Not the same user but I get part of his post.

It does come with shitty defender which enables itself every once in a while. Inconsistent look is there when you have to open settings "app" and then when the option isn't there you gotta open the Control Panel which is the same as it was in XP. But I don't find that annoying. Beats me having to guess which config file to edit in terminal.
And I've only heard of breaking updates, mine always updates when I shut it down at night, I come back in the morning and I see it relaunch firefox's last session and open up other stuff I left open.

Only complaint I have is the Defender turning itself back on...

You can't disable vsync in Windows 10. That makes it unusable.

How do you activate windows 10 for free? Asking for a friend.

I upgraded to windows 8 and you should do the same.

>Windows

How about some more nothing?

Attached: nothing.png (874x756, 74K)

based retard

install debian 10

Why would you want to disable vsync? Unless we are talking games?

Get a job so you can upgrade.

Why do these threads keep appearing?
Is this some sort guerilla adverting from Microsoft to get us all on 10?
I would assume anyone on this site who has 7, has probably had updates disabled since day one. I dont understand the goal of these threads.

Attached: 1475740449102.png (1200x800, 344K)

7 is the version of the kernel. It's really Windows 6

>Is this some sort guerilla adverting from Microsoft to get us all on 10?
No, it's probaly an user baiting some freetards.

Switch to Windows 7 POSReady

t. retard

Attached: 1540319226215.png (673x469, 57K)

Does Windows 10 still have problems running older games?

Attached: 1565734629445.jpg (633x738, 87K)

Wasn't there a spoof that lets you trick the update servers into thinking your w7 is actually posready?

Continue dual booting it with GNU/Linux, only using Windows for gaymz.

>What the fuck do we do then?
Just keep using it?

>what is Windows© Embedded POSReady 7™

Attached: dif9mgv4qzc21.jpg (960x1022, 108K)

Embedded piece of shit ready
8.1 embedded pro
10 LGBTBBQ
systemd/Linux
fagOS

That's XP you're thinking of.
I actually installed 7 POSReady the other day for shits and giggles. Aside from the fact that swap is turned off by default it's pretty much like 7. But the support is not that much longer I'm afraid.

Install gentoo

>caring about spyware updates

based, disabling firewall and updates are the first thing I do after installing jewdows
only tech illiterate fags here are afraid of viruses n shit
you have to open russian malware sites on purpose to have something bad happen to your pc

I was trying to run a release copy of GTA IV and securom kept calling my disc fake. I have WinXP on dual boot and no problems.

Attached: 1569277310466.jpg (500x403, 34K)

8.1 with classic shell. This isn't a big deal until 2023. You don't even have to look at Metro.

Attached: shutup.gif (320x240, 2.48M)

I already switched to GNU/Linux

move to ubuntu

just make your own security patches and updates

In that case it's possibly more to do with Windows deliberately breaking several old disc DRM schemes in 10, since they had unintended consequences that were basically malware. Frankly I don't think I blame them on that one.

Keep using Windows 7.

ReactOS, KDE Neon, Windows 8.1

Nothing

0patch.com/

this

Not him, but people who disable vsync do it in order to reduce latency. I consider this to be pretty stupid since Windows performance issues cause much worse latency than vsync ever did. Tear-free is better imo.

I'm not sure I understand your dilemma.

Attached: sshot001.png (1280x1024, 58K)

Wew, how long did it take you to take and upload that screenshot? Or is your clock just off?

Clock's just skewed. Last time I set it was probably a few years ago. Frankly Opera is the only thing that even displays the time outside of manually opening the clock application.

wtf? 7 is far more bloated than 10 lmao

>When the companies stops to provide support for their softwares in Windows 7

Attached: 1517708126975.jpg (532x509, 67K)

either
>continue using it
or
>use win10 uprader app, use w7 key if it bugs me down the line for a product key, modify install as much as possible

Windows 8.1 is unironically the best windows operating system that is currently supported by Microsoft.

>allowing the update that displays that window onto your computer in the first place

If 98 and XP were any indication, people will adapt any patches they can or create unofficial ones for a while.

How do you will use the internet with an outdated browser? It's gonna be like using Internet Explorer in Windows XP today.

either
>continue using it
or
>use win10 upgrader application, use w7 key if it bugs me down the line for a product key, modify install as much as possible

Idk what do we do.., I’m so scared... oh wait I use Linux like any self respecting person. Who the fuck uses windows willfully?

Attached: F8A924D1-62BE-4A7B-AB88-E8F82F9904AD.jpg (1280x960, 251K)

>using windows 3.1
>not using 24 bit color
Learn to windows 3.1 dog

>Less than 4 months left
What are you talking about? Just cough up the $350 and you can receive updates until 2023(assuming you have Pro or Enterprise).

Imagine paying more money then the original os cost lmao.

Then? Just BTFO urselfs!
I use arch btw

I use windows 8.1. Initially I hated it but I just accepted metro. Faster performance, etc I never understood why people hated it so much.

You go back to /x/.

lolwut

Attached: sshot002.png (1280x1024, 61K)

The only distribution worth using.

vimeo.com/6444924

shieeeeeeet

Why no light blue bar? Why no wallpaper? No 3D support? No qcdp? No freedos?

Continue using it? I haven’t installed a single update since sp1 and it works fine with all my apps. Updates break things. Why use anything else?

Attached: 5DBCC549-36A4-44AB-82A7-08E790BC69E6.jpg (700x500, 55K)

Runs like ass, does nothing for anything I use and/or just don't care about.

My 8.1 just boots to the desktop. And with keyboard shortcuts I never even see the metro menu.

It’s a good os

lol gahnoam

Microsoft has the power through a universal backdoor to remotely deactivate all copies of 7

When you say deactivate, do you mean render a Windows 7 install no longer genuine? Regardless whether the install is genuine or pirated? Or did you mean deactivate as in sabotage? Meaning the install becomes unusable in some way?

I've been doing Linux Mint since W10 launched.

Based boomer retard

just imagine, there are paranoid fools literally looking at every line of source code before compiling their OS and programs, which are the only ones they use. When, in reality, you can use a pirated Windows 7 and install pirated and freeware software with no firewall and get literally no malware. The former kind of people are the ones that think that "no updates bad", probably because their Linux garbage stops working monthly unless you also update their numerous pointless dependencies. It's nothing to worry about.

its called windows update :)

kys obviously, but then again why wait?