How can we stop the consumerist culture?

How can we stop the consumerist culture?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Widespread warfare.

Another great depression.

people are always complaining about being poor, yet they buy PILES of absolute garbage...constantly. I don't get it.

That's because you're poor

What? How does that work?

1. Vote for awful candidates/bills/laws
2. Ruin the country
3. ???
4. Profit!

we can't

Communism unironically

General strike followed by forcing anyone worth more than $500k into cartoonishly large blenders

they want PILES of good shit instead
you mean it will collapse unto itself?

Kill yourself

Stop? It hasn't even begun.

Attached: aa9[1].gif (550x309, 1.79M)

install gentoo

Christianity

Also this. You can't buy stuff if there's a shortage of everything

MiStEr rObOt ReVoLuTiOn

Carbon tax. Seriously. I don't give a shit about the climate, but consumerist/throw away behavior is horribly carbon inefficent and building slightly more expensive things that last much less so.
The entire fashion industry would implode, Amazon and rush order shipping would crumble, and surprisingly "dirty" industries like automotive would be fine as it would basically just act as a slightly increased gas tax.
Fuck fast fashion, fuck disposable society.

Kill yourself its the only answer op

Rag merchants are a big portion of consumer spending, but also employee a lot of people. Not sure how to balance this.

I agree with making better stuff less often, but, we have built a society where jobs depend on retards buying garbage they don't need.

Oh yeah it would absolutely mince the poor, collapse the economy and cause massive societal strife. I'm excited

start using free software. this includes uninstalling google chrome and using a free alternative such as firefox

Confine women to the Brap Barns like we used to do in the early 90s.

What are you even talking about?

The only way to actually stop it is a fundamental collapse of society. As other people have said things like widespread warfare or communism would probably do the trick.

That being said as an individual there isn't much you can do, besides buy less stuff and personally live a less consumerist lifestyle.

I'm on board with this plan. S-save the p-planet!

Attached: 1502996214363.png (500x405, 227K)

We can't. It'll just have to burn itself out. Even if the West goes full hippie-mode tomorrow, India, China, and all the others will just say "more for me, then"

Just sit back and enjoy the ride toward the cliff.

Kill FAG.
Save MAN.

Attached: 1558915073693.png (1000x837, 735K)

last guy that tried got ganged up on in a world war

This would probably work.

Netflix doesn't really do much besides POZZed original series and rebroadcast Paw Patrol. I'd rather save Google, although they could be broken up.

W R O N G B O A R D!

what would the rules on breaking up tech companies be? where would the lines be drawn? are the child companies forbidden from contributing to each other's open source projects or integrating their public APIs? can retail no longer host their services on aws?

You’ve come to the wrong place to beg such a question. Have you seen the absolute state of this board lately? It’s a subsidiary of /v/. Every other thread is an RGB gaymen botnet machine circlejerk.

based

Make it unprofitable to produce goods geared for consumption for consumption's sake.

This starts by abolishing all "intellectual" property laws and gathering all marketing people together and shooting them to space in some kind of an space-ark with a collision curse to some unfortunate planet that's going to be ruined forever.

you dont even need to vote.

Make people feel like they're missing something in their lives, because they're always missing something, but they'll never get it.

Instead of stopping the world, you need to stop yourself. Then look around, look at how the world is really collapsing, piece by piece, day by day.

You can't stop it. The numbers will add up. Then it goes red. Civilization is on the brink of imminent self-destruction, every second that goes by.

You're best off tempering your internal wound. Keep your mouth shut, close your ears, quit thinking.

The moment people stop buying those piles of garbage, the economy collapses. So be thankful, I guess. Thankful for marketers that create ads that aim to exploit human psychological quirks to make people buy buy buy.
If you work in tech, there are good odds that either you're in the business of serving people's ads or you use tools and techniques that were created to better serve ads to the masses. So if people stopped buying irrelevant piles of garbage you would probably lose your job.
Funny, isn't it?

Kill dumb frogposter.

Why the fuck do I needed to upgrade every 3-5 years by buying something "new"? Which only has marginally better specs, sometimes worse. Why can't I just buy something that'll last me 20+ years with maintenance and repairs?

Attached: AAAAAHHHHHH.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

>Why can't I just buy something that'll last me 20+ years with maintenance and repairs?
Fucking knock it off with the antisemitism, user.

By not treating software like consumable products?
Look at Candy Crush and its' gold bars and boosters.

I'd say stop creating it, but that's only a bandaid. It will ultimately require SOME form of intervention to actually reverse the tide. Probably distribution of technical manuals, rather than whatever bullshit this is you call a derelict timeline.