Fucking great. There are so many biased shills on both sides that I don't know what the fuck to buy now

Fucking great. There are so many biased shills on both sides that I don't know what the fuck to buy now.

Attached: amd-ryzen-intel-coffee-lake-670x335.jpg (670x335, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
techreport.com/review/34192/intels-core-i9-9900k-cpu-reviewed/
scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ryzen-3600-3700x-3900x-dawbench-tested-3-is-it-the-magic-number/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it really depends on what you have and going from there, how much are you willing to spare

>I want all the cores and good multicore/acceptable single core performance but don't want to spend too much
AMD
>I want the fastest single core performance on the market and money isn't an issue
Intel

There you go user, just get whichever one you want more of.

>fastest single core performance on the market
>intel
lol, are we in 2018 or what

Ryzen inches ever closer, but the i9 9900kys still beats 3rd gen Ryzen out by like 5-10% in single core perf, even though it's probably meaningless in real world use unless you're a lucky bastard with a 240hz screen.

Money doesn't really matter. Of course that doesn't mean I'm willing to spend 5 grand but I don't give a shit about spending 2 or 3 grand for a machine since I upgrade quite rarely. I'm a developer but I do make music every now and then and there was this rumor that AMD does not play well with low latency shit (which is important because I use a lot of VSTs when I make music.). What I don't know is if that's still (or if it ever was) the case with AMD because everyone claims something different.

>discretely avoiding the security issues
Was that post part of your "secret sauce", Robert?

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
where the fuck did you pull out those 5-10% from?

Pulled from his Intel shill marketing packet

Why do you dumb faggots always resort to using broken inaccurate websites to compare PC parts?
Intel still has the single thread crown.
Why?
Because their ring buss of fire is more efficient than infinity fabric and Intel boasts the highest clock speeds.

No, I'm not saying Ryzen is bad, I'm stating facts here.

>Look up programs you're going to use
>Look up benchmarks on 3+ different sites
>Decide which chip gets you the best performance within your budget
>Buy it

If benchmarks are not available, ask around your program's community what people are using and what their experiences are

not him but he fucking basically said it's meaningless and that you should only buy an intel CPU if money literally doesn't matter and you want the highest possible single core performance
if he was a shill then he's doing a horrible job

>Stop linking to data and accept my word as fact!!!
Fuck off, retard. You Inturds LOVE linking to your private shill site Userbenchmark. Ring bus vs Infinity Fabric has literally nothing to do with single-threaded core performance. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Go and stay gone.

Attached: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png (785x1000, 254K)

do you see me using cpuboss or ussrbenchmark?

Funny considering my personal build is all AMD. Just stating facts, if you want *the best* single core perf and money isn't an issue then you want Intel, I'm not saying that it's a good buy (I think Intel CPU's are retarded price/perf) but OP explicitly stated there's too many biased opinions so I tried to give a non-biased one.

no one gives a fuck what you are using, literally not a single trusted source has intel as ipc winner

>gayming only
Intel
>working or mixed use of gayming, developing, etc. and anything else
AMD Ryzen 3600 or 3700x

>gaming only
I'm not so sure..

Attached: Pa4MJ7g.png (1167x490, 46K)

even tho amd has upper hand on everything but read-write latency, most of the software is unfortunately optimized for shintel, I hope we'll see this change in upcoming years

what fucking private shill website did you take that from

here you go reddit retard

Attached: 4L_sD3bzBGl.png (1374x1363, 52K)

lmao, do you understand what IPC is, fucktard?

techreport.com/review/34192/intels-core-i9-9900k-cpu-reviewed/
I don't think it's fake because the benchmarks actually make sense. From what I've heard, Ryzen does not perform well when it comes to low latency stuff. You can see that by just merely loading VST instances, Ryzen does alright but as soon as you actually start generating signals on those VSTs Ryzen starts to perform badly especially if the buffer/latency is small.

>optimized for shintel
>if AMD is not leading its optimized for Intel
(lol

Even without Ryzen there are games that are AMD-sponsored since AMD owns the console market.

>m-muh ryzen still has higher latency than intel even though mommy su said she added game cache :(((((((((((((

Attached: 4L_jphILhJa.png (753x960, 29K)

If you buy Intel you only need to buy a decent cooler and that's it

With AMD you need to buy a specific motherboard so you won't play BIOS simulator, specific RAM so you can max out performance and also a decent cooler because the stock one stutters when you start putting load on it

lmao, keep your salty asses off of Jow Forums
I literally said it has worse IO latency and yeah, AAA game engines are optimized for Intel instructions and architecture

You can't optimize latency away.

who the fuck said anything about optimizing latency?

AMD!

The games aren't performing poorly due to lack of optimization. At a fundamental level, inter-CCX and memory latency will put AMD at a massive disadvantage for latency-sensitive/realtime applications like gaming or audio.

He’s not talking about IPC, he’s talking about max single core perf at max clock speed and intel still edges out amd in that regard if only slightly.

I do and don't agree with you, see what Epic games did with their instruction handling on Unreal, but I do agree IO is something amd has to work on

you do realize that IPC is still higher on 3rd gen with lower clocks than intels famous 5ghz?

IPC is application-dependent, you massive retard. Intel has better gaming IPC. That picture is living proof.

>gaming IPC
>measures IPC in fps
LMAO
I didn't know someone is this retarded

It is incredibly disingenuous to say that games are performing poorly on Ryzen.

read GN review of the last ryzen series it should give you a good idea of the pros and cons of their stuff and there's also comparison with intel stuff.
No matter how much this board is butthurt at the long haired autismo he follows his standard procedures like no one else unlike the ""reviewer"" scene aka the marketeer youtube guys.
For example their threadripper cooler tests they even used the same torque and screw tightening pattern in every trst battery to remove any extra variable

Only AMDrones are butthurt at GN since he's the only reviewer who does not suck up to them and is usually the first guy to call out AMD's bullshit.

There's a reason why they flock to AMD-heavy techtubers like Hardware Unboxed and AdoredTV, they only listen to the same shills they want to hear.

Until Zen 2, games performed like utter shit.

>120+ fps in most games at 1080p
>dogshit
What are you on? And that's not even taking into account the fact that gpu is going to be the bottleneck for most users.

The way it is now AMDs single core performance is at most very slightly worse than intels and their prices are nearly twice as good, I think right now going AMD is a no-brainer and it's really nice to have some extra cores so your game or whatever it is you're doing wouldn't choke your system
On the other hand if you really don't care about price to performance or multitasking and want to squeeze out those 10-20 extra frames on some game then Intel is probably the better choice, though again, it is moot if you don't have an equally top shelf GPU

If you're content with 120 FPS, then sure. Otherwise the choice is clear.

Get help.

Are you fucking kidding me? I play some of my games with as low as 10fps and don't have a problem, while you think 120 is unacceptable?

Well, here's the benchmark that might matter the most to you then:
scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ryzen-3600-3700x-3900x-dawbench-tested-3-is-it-the-magic-number/

Do you even know what IPC means?

Do you need that extra 5fps over your monitor's refresh rate? Buy Intel.

Do you actually do stuff with your computer other than sperg out in video games? Buy AMD.

There's no such thing as "gaming IPC", there's just IPC. Intel is behind AMD in IPC.

AMD has better single core dumbass

But there absolutely is, even if whatever tech tuber you worship does not use that term. Instructions Per Cycle is little more than meaningless shill drivel, especially without a specific instruction mix in mind.

There's a reason we use ASICs.

I want to believe, and as I've stated while the difference between the two is ever as marginal as it has been in the past decade, Intel still has the lead in real world performance, no matter how meagre it is right now.

>make up a meaningless buzzword
>proceed to call a term with an actual definition "meaningless shill drivel"
Funny

>I play some of my games with as low as 10fps and don't have a problem
your opinion is now invalid, regardless of what it is.

What buzzword? I haven't used a single term you haven't used yourself, and yes, IPC really is a buzzword, especially if you apply it as a blanket metric across all instructions or some arbitrary unspecified mix of instructions. This is basic shit.

real world performance? if you're doing more than one thing at a time I don't think so, and if you really want to match AMD here you have to spend several hundred extra, even if intel is ever so slightly better in single core performance that small margin is hardly worth an extra hundred or two in any case

>and if you really want to match AMD here you have to spend several hundred extra, even if intel is ever so slightly better in single core performance that small margin is hardly worth an extra hundred or two in any case
I agree. The price increase for the small increase in performance is not worth it in my opinion either, but it is there for people with more money than sense.

If you can have IPC for a program, say a game, you can surely have a "gaming IPC" as an average over many common games.

Intel has a lower IPC than the new Ryzens but when running faster than Ryzen, 5GHz+ to Ryzen's ~ 4.5GHz the Intel can catch up. On a budget? Go with Ryzen and save some money for a better GPU. Not worried about money and want to game and overclock? Go with Intel. Both will do games just fine. Both will do content production just fine.

>tfw you still have a z370 mobo that you bought when zen 2 wasn't out
>your only possible upgrade is the 9900k from a i5-8600k
I don't want to spend the time (open water loop) and money to upgrade my mobo, so intel 9 series is unfortunately the only choice for me, because god knows the 10 series won't be supported for z370 and even if it is it'll probably suck anyway.

there is no reason not to get a 9900k + 2080ti then, it will fit in your budget as long as you don't buy the highest end in other parts like meme mobos and PSU or unused amounts of memory or $500 cases and cooling setups.

>synthetic benches on stock clocks

>I play some of my games with as low as 10fps and don't have a problem
not even acceptable for turn-based.

Attached: 1340592233399.jpg (288x313, 26K)

you don't need such extreme cooling for a 9900k unless you're all-core OCing on high voltage running prime95 all day. a big air cooling like a macho or nh-d15 will do or an AIO water cooler bigger than 240mm.

Need max fps in gaming for a high refresh monitor? Get intel. Want to run cinebench all day, Get amd

Attached: vs.jpg (1920x1080, 528K)

The drones will only post cherry picked benchmarks. Show the whole thing for once.

Attached: Stock.png (1382x2535, 126K)

I'm running a 5ghz all core overclock with a NH-D15 with a vcore undervolt. Run's pretty flawless and stays under 80c under R20

Attached: gh.jpg (1006x602, 210K)

High-end gaming -> Intel

Eveything else -> AMD

>shit stuttering housefire in games
>shit in productivity
>shit security and pozzed to hell
Can you imagine being so cucked as to defend this? Are Intelfags worse than itoddlers?

Attached: 3900x-vs-9900k-gaming-adoredtv-1.jpg (1152x768, 106K)

Kek even Bulldozer is infinitely better than Intel these days.

I'm saying I already have an open water loop in place that would take time to dismantle if I was going to do a mobo and cpu swap. Cpu by itself is still relatively plug and play.

Want absolute reliability and warranty? Intel.
Want the best performer? AMD.
Want to game? Intel.
Want to do ANYTHING else? AMD.
Want your family to die in a housefire? Intel.
Want to never void your warranty with ebil overclocking? AMD.
Want to show off how much disposable income you have? Intel.
What the best performance per dollar and performance per watt? AMD.
Want your encrypted disks stolen with a piece of JavaScript? Intel.
Want to worry that your encrypted disks might be stolen with a piece of JavaScript? AMD.

This is my take.

please stop while you can lmao

X86 is shit in general. I would recommend a platform based on IBM's POWER or ARM.