I can't start learning programming cause I cant settle on a fucking language

Talk about C: you get told about C++
Talk about C++: You get told about Rust
Talk about Rust: You get told about trannies and how you should use something else
Talk about python: SLOW NON COMPILED
Talk about Java: you get flamed
Talk about lisps: MUH (())()()()()()()
Talk about Go: GOPHER IS FUCKING SHIT
Talk about Javascript: you get yelled at for not using a native language
Talk about D: You get yelled at for MUH MEME LANGUAGE
Talk about Zig: ITS NOT EVEN USEEEEEEEEFULLLLLLLLLLLL
Talk about nim: THAT PYTHON SYNTACKS THOOOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH USE C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about ASM: You're extremely lonely and sad
All the other languages: No one gives a fuck about them and neither should you.

Attached: whydoesmyheartfeelsobad.png (341x341, 89K)

Your first mistake was being a stupid fucking sheep faggot who needs other people to tell him what to code in and has no balls to pick a language himself and run with it.

Quit being a nigger faggot and just fucking open a online class or book on something, anything at all, jesus.

Don't take anything anyone says about their favorite language seriously on Jow Forums because we're all retarded.

If you're just starting out and want to do anything other than web development, start out with C++ or Python.

If you're doing web development, learn the usual Javascript / CSS / HTML for basic frontend. If you want to do frontend web development, learn a few associated frameworks. If you want to do backend, learn Python, Ruby, Java, node.js, or PHP.

If you take just one piece of advice from strangers on the internet, make it this: stop taking advice from strangers on the internet.

Because you're supposed to learn multiple languages, nigger.

Wow, Jow Forums is migrating to Jow Forums that's new.

>saying nigger is Jow Forums
>>>/tumlbr/

>nigger is Jow Forums specific now

Holy shit, the summer never ends

hate to break it to you but nobody uses /t/umblr

anyway lets quit this pointless arguing and get back to OP

OP, just pick whatever the fuck you want, it doesn't matter what you use.

just fucking do something god damn

here ill pick 2 useful ones for you: python and C now go fuck off

Get a collage book for language that represents your wants the most and fucking read it. It's literally that easy.

What about C#?

Not cross platform without mono, kinda quirky, etc.

Depends on what you want to do.
Science: Python, R, Julia
Web: Javascrypt, Typescript
Desktop software/games: C++, C#
Embedded/kernel development: C
Android: Java, Kotlin
Database querying: SQL
Other languages might have better syntax but they'll just make you miss those features when you inevitably return to using languages with better support.

dotnetcore is cross-platform

Have enough incentive to learn a language or two.

For example, I'm a useless NEET, without a degree or previous job experience, that needs a job. WebDev is my most likely entry point, so JavaScript obviously and its associated markup languages are what I need to learn. JavaScript will be front-end heavy and most web stacks are either entirely JavaScript or JavaScript for front-end + another language for backend. I need to stick to popularity but if I do I have two obvious choices: PHP or Python. I chose Python because more modern web shops use it and I want to work with the least amount of cruft as I reasonably can. Now I have some shit to learn, and have good reason to learn them: JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and Python and it doesn't matter what some underage faggot tells me.

what if a 40 year old faggot is telling you to use C

>taking advice from Jow Forums NEETs
It doesn't matter what language you pick as a start. It really doesn't. You're going to learn multiple languages anyway, and the skills you learn from one will transfer over to others very easily, unless you're doing something like Java to Haskell which will take more work. Either way, just pick the language YOU think is nice and roll with it, worry about other languages later.

Still underage.

you need to pick a lang and disconnect, stop reading about languages and use one

C++ or C#/Java. Basically just something that is static typed and made for oop.

Do you think you're helping?

It literally doesn't matter as long as you learn one. Switching from one to the other (as long as it's vaguely the same paradigm) is easy

Learn C++ or Java, all other first languages are huge fucking memes.

Use python, since you don't have to learn about compilers and how to use them. It's quite an easy starter.

Attached: 1569220358769-ck.jpg (1280x960, 72K)

>Not cross platform without mono
.net Core

>kinda quirky
>"eww can't think for a single reason"

>etc.
>"eww can't think for a single reason"

I respect your freedom of choice and any choice you might make, but for me it's C.

Attached: 1568208377207.jpg (1110x1239, 152K)

just code directly in x86-64 assembly then you big faggot

Nim looks quite interesting, thanks for mentioning it. Just ignore the relentless shitposting and settle on either C, Python or JavaScript. All of them old as fuck, used everywhere and aren't going anywhere unlike meme languages like Go and Rust

You can follow my universitys path. C -> C++ -> Java -> Scala -> Assembly -> Python

Start with python, then learn C/C++.

I say start with python because it has the least intimidating syntax. Once you get comfortable with that you'll want to learn about managing memory and working with a statically typed language, so C or C++ will be great for learning about memory management and types.

You've been mistaken mister, this is not a technology board. We're only here to whine about girls with penis.

>whine about girls with penis.
Is trans a technology now?

The amount of whiteknight NEETs on this thread. These fucking faggots think that they are programming god but the only thing they know is customizing tiling windows manager. So listen lad, the only language you should know is Assembly Language. Port it to use on the internet and mobile and desktop applications. It is the only these NEET WHITEKNIGHTS WILL STFU. ALL THE BEST OP, MY INTERNET FRIEND

Attached: alex2.png (427x315, 197K)

Nim stable released yesterday actually, it's a perfect opportunity to give it a shot.

This is low tier bait. Try harder.

STFU NEWFAG. YOU ARE A PUSSY NEWFAG IF YOU USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE. FUCKING PUSSIES

underage b&

COPE HARDER NEWFAG LMAO

I guess I'll try out python then.

Learn C++ is you like playing with arduinos
Learn Python so you can get the Amazon Web Services Cert. so you can get a job

Learn C first, then if you want to start learning Object Oriented Programming, switch to C++ due to its extreme similarity.
Once you mastered C/C++ you can practically breeze through every other language.

Don’t think anyone posting underageb& is likely to be a newfag lad

Remember caps locks is cruise control for cool

>(((dotbotnetcore)))
Keep shilling, shekelberg

>thats new
you must be new

SHUT THE FUCK UP NORMALFAGGOT LMAO. STAY MAD LMAO FRRRRRR

Just learn Visual Basic

You have too much cool broski save some for the rest of us

>putting /t/ in tumblr
>>>/reddit/

If you learn any C-based language it will be easier to learn other C-based languages.
>C
>C++
>C#
>Objective-c
>Java
>Javascript
>PHP
And so on...

Whereas if you learn something like dumb dumb python - you’re stuck with just python.

wrong

fuck you retard

Stop listening to all these faggots on here and just start with something ez like python or JS. Then after you've acquired experience move down to some OOP.

t. seething python programmer

good idea to learn bad practices right from the start

Gopher has nothing to do with Go.

finally he made up his mind

D is not so bad honestly.

i taught myself to code with quake C. its a fucking virtualized and interpreted c fork. stop being a faggot op

>quake C
also there's no file or string interpretation in quake c. pure logic, baby

yes, actually - so you have multiple perspectives on how to accomplish a problem instead of being that guy that only knows how to do things one way because it was the best language to use that one time. dont be the guy who tells everyone about how amazing ruby on rails is. or go

trips

Unironically just start with python. It was originally designed as a learning language.

Because it does so much stuff for you, you can focus all your attention on learning the core concepts of programming, universal to most languages.

After you feel comfortable with that, and (if) you decide to learn another language that is perhaps a bit lower level, it'll let you focus all of your attention on those lower level concepts, since you'll already be familiar with programming.

Personally, after programming in python for ~2 years i learnt enough C++ from scratch in about 2 weeks time to write a fancy and efficient physics simulation.

Also; even though i know 5 languages at this point, my most used one is still python. The package system is REALLY good, and saves a lot of time.

Programming languages don't really matter.

Learn how to abstract algorithms and data structures with any easy language (eg python).

The choice of programming languages comes after, and it's just a matter of preference.

The only things to take into considerations when choosing PL are:
> Domain (web, system, numerical)
> Libraries, community support
> Documentation

C,C++ and Fortran are also heavily used in science, it really depends how deep you want to go into HPC stuff.
Julia really needs to be considered more, it's far better than python in so many ways.

Go with a language thats popular in your area and gives you a job quickest.
Web is the quickest / easiest to enter and Doesn't require a degree unlike those HR ditzes blocking the other jobs.

I go with Web Stack (JS, node.js)

It's almost as if you should pick a language you like instead of letting other people tell you what to do