I wish to pursue higher education but I remain uncertain in regards to which field I should take my undergraduate...

I wish to pursue higher education but I remain uncertain in regards to which field I should take my undergraduate degree in. I'm genuinely interested in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science, yet I can't decide on any of them and the deadline's approaching rapidly.

Attached: 1540996858025.png (259x228, 60K)

computer science my dude

Attached: 1546961635002.jpg (540x540, 15K)

Gender studies

This

based and redpilled

This Computer Science go.

Attached: 1528254853047.png (229x231, 49K)

Computer science. If you are any less than very good at maths you'll end up a teacher or never using any of your skills

Attached: gym41hfxnmay.png (512x512, 344K)

i used to want to do computer science but the more that i think about it i just keep imagining myself in 10 years working on a computer all day then going home just to sit at a computer again for the rest of the day browsing image boards and playing video games i think i would get really sick of it after a while

Attached: 1391.png (553x562, 412K)

mathematics is really fucking awesome but only for autistic people
you need to really really enjoy thinking abstractly and logically without any need for connections to the real world

Maybe you could look at it this way

Do you enjoy knowing how everything works? Physics
Do you enjoy knowing why everything works? Math
Do you enjoy making things work? Compsci

Attached: 1540822953683.jpg (700x605, 67K)

math is theory you can build on and is pure academical, but can be increadibly good if you find a way to apply it
physics is specifics that will open you to posibilities of landing a job but it isn't anything specific so you can fuck around
CS is basically choosing a career path, do you want to be a dev, if yes, go there
Take your cup of tea.

So far a good deal seem to be in favour of CompSci and Mathematics whereas Physics is left alone in the dark.
Sounds like my slice of pie.
What if I were to answer yes to all three questions?
>Do you enjoy making things work? CompSci
Top zozzle.

Yeah I guess compsci was a bit of a stretch. Uni level compsci does very little actual programming compared to more business-oriented education. Honestly it's a tough call I fucking love what I do, and I do get a little taste of physics and compsci as well. But in the long run you're basically just constantly doing the same thing, learning new ways to think about logical systems, it's definitely not for everyone. Maybe you could start off in maths and if it doesn't suit you after one year head off into either of the other ones. First year might have a lot of overlap anyways, have you checked out the specific courses? They probably all get analysis, classical mechanics, etc

choose math learn cool things report back

Attached: yey.png (317x317, 45K)

What is it that you do? How enjoyable do you find it to be?
>Maybe you could start off in maths and if it doesn't suit you after one year head off into either of the other ones.
I'll take that into consideration, though it might not be possible.
Dumb Moob.

I do pure maths. Well I'm still finishing up my bachelor's which is mixed pure/applied maths. And I've just started my master's in pure maths. I absolutely. Fucking. Love it. Every year I've been completely blown away by the sheer creativity in some of the mathematical constructs people invented. The applications are great fun too but I'm mostly in it for the theory

>pure maths
tell me something cool

Attached: quaking.gif (209x193, 109K)

I would have to agree with these anons. There isn't huge money in mathematics, unless you manage to discover something important. It's the same with physics, although it looks like some interesting physics-related things could be discovered over the next few decades so you could pursue that and it may be a good career choice. But computer science would be the most likely career to bring you both job satisfaction and plenty of money. Computer science is advancing so fast that the stuff you learn at the start of your course could be obsolete within a year or two of finishing it. But at least that'll make work a lot more interesting.

>I do pure maths
haha ghey

Math isn't cool

maths is kool
it makes your brain smart

Attached: 1539506176951.gif (853x480, 582K)

Goddamnit that is a really hard question to answer. Maths cool does not equal real world cool. But I can try

Take two copies of a painting, put one down flat on the table, and randomly crumple up the other one and put it on top of the other. If you look at it from the top, then there will always be at least one point in the crumpled painting that is in the same spot on the flat painting. This is mathematically proven true

Attached: 1529824760939.gif (500x263, 345K)

Dumb gay math isn't cool

It's kind of fun when you put things together and they fit perfect and stuff

Attached: stuck.jpg (672x743, 175K)

Or just yesterday I had to mathematically prove that no matter what computer you use, there will always be a problem it can't solve even if it has infinite time to solve it. Then you can invent a computer to solve that problem, but there will be a new problem that computer can't solve. And so it goes on and on

Attached: 1535199881174.png (252x200, 42K)

that's gonna take a while to process

Attached: idon'tevenknowanymore.png (1143x851, 398K)

what if its quantum computer?

how do you number this?

Attached: huh.png (128x162, 33K)

it's not fun when you neglected your education for 7 years and all your mental maths has went out the window and it takes you around a minuite to solve a simple maths problem
I fucking hate the fact that i didn't pay any attention in primary school.

Pic related, the red dot is still in the same place
Nope. Not even quantum. It has nothing to do with how fast it works. Quantum computers are mathematically equivalent to turing machines
It's less numbers and more symbols and graphs

Attached: 1535860583784.jpg (900x1200, 256K)

All you've mentioned thus far seems genuinely interesting, do you have any future aspirations after you finish your post-grad or is it still up in the air?
Were you taught to quality post as part of a programme, or is it a latent natural talent you've always had?

>the red dot is in the same place
Oh wow I needed this
thanks for expanding my education

Attached: ehh.png (400x400, 35K)

I mean that's a fun thing but could the dot have been anywhere else

Attached: 1532298949600.gif (325x203, 1.07M)

since you love children, why don't you become a teacher?

It doesn't matter. There always will be at least one dot. Because if there won't be it would mean both pictures are not in the same space.

you don't get an opinion

Attached: clownpiss mad.png (366x340, 195K)

I have no fucking clue what I'm gonna do honestly
Theoretically I would love to do one extra year to get a master-after-master in artificial intelligence but that might financially be a problem for me. My future aspirations are a bit unconventional as I have a pet project I work on that I would like to turn into something profitable. But it probably won't be finished in the next two years so I'm gonna have to get a job in the meantime
Technically I love academia and I wouldn't mind working towards a position in a university but I'm not sure if I could handle it

Trips of lies

Attached: bc64bad852b241cb5663de0e02bad260.jpg (392x473, 42K)

No it had to be the hirodicke
That's just how math works