Which time period is your favorite to read about, or see movies and TV depicting?

Which time period is your favorite to read about, or see movies and TV depicting?

Attached: 18th_VS_19th_Century.jpg (1010x1153, 225K)

Anything before WW1

I could understand why. WWI was so destructive, it was as unromanticized as war could get, by that point.

80s 90s

Attached: tumblr_p4iesbLrXQ1s7e5k5o1_1280.jpg (1280x901, 250K)

renaissance britain and antiquity

Maybe i can turn a blind eye to WW1 because of Celine but definitely not WW2 when things went full degenerate

I only got to experience the 1980s as a very small baby. In retrospect, there is not much I remember about my life during the 1990s, except going to school and sometimes the occasional video game or birthday party memory. I remember the 2000s much more lively, and this decade has very much left its impression upon me.

What is Celine, a battle that took place somewhere?

Nice choices. I am currently studying ancient biblical history, as well as generally of the Israelite civilization.

A French nazi collabo author with a weird ass style who wrote out the most atrocious brutalities of war and published the cornerstone of misanthropy to be a future example for contemporary writers

For me these decades are so notable as it was time when our world was turning into what it is today.
Time of hopes for a better brand new future which eventually were false.

Attached: 15171044699033.jpg (1000x667, 649K)

They were optimistic times. Even the 2000s could have been that way, yet alas, September 11th, 2001 had shocked most of the world.

21st century

Attached: images-127.jpg (693x442, 30K)

meiji era japan

From 1880's to 1960's

Have you read Yukio Mishima?

roman empire

dull boring predictable

what do you read?

Japanese writers haven't left a good impression on me desu. Then modern writing is dull as shit, something out of the previous centuries entertains me much more.

I just read a ton of shit from every age minus post WW2 I have the Bandini saga on hold and some Edwardian era homo novel

Attached: penguin-arcadia-tp1.jpg (783x1200, 307K)

Something like Goethe's Faust or Don Quijote?

Never read stuff like this. How would you describe it to seel it to somebody?

>seel
*sell

Nah I can't into poems and Werther kinda bored me
I like the picturesque setting of Arcadian romances but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone lest they are eccentrics or academics.

any time in the future. don't really care how near or far.

What's wrong with present?

too real

good taste

Millenium 41

Attached: greetings-imperial-citizens-what-going-on-in-this-thread-by-19223650.png (500x1231, 383K)

Victorian era

1900 A.D. to 1938 A.D.

The 60's, closely followed by the 80's due to nostalgia.

any time before the civil rights movement

based breaboo revering the mighty british empire

anything beyond ww1

Attached: charlie in the trees.jpg (630x425, 77K)

I hope you don’t mind, but what are those Arcadian romances called? Were those written during Ancient Greek times? Who wrote them? Thank you!