Modeling

Is modeling red pilled?
Time to think and meditate
Takes skill and dedication
Disconnect from the modern world
Make something of value

Attached: images (6).jpg (640x480, 44K)

very redpilled.
i was a model when i was a boy and i made lots of nice friends.

Hi Desmond. You are amazing btw!

>modelling

The Eternal Anglo strikes again

do you like my pretty dressees?

>202059791
I like UAVs.

do you not have enough to buy a tamiya rc kit?

Would smash 10/10

>doesn't get into stoneknapping

Better than videogames I guess, cheaper and takes more time to complete than 99% of what's been coming out for the past few years. Plus you'll still appreciate and enjoy it long after it's done. Model kits are pretty good hobby.

I make models but I also make the parts

Attached: 20190121_140317.jpg (3264x1836, 1.7M)

You know what isn’t redpilled? Seeking validation by asking a bunch of racist conspiracy theorists what they think of your hobby. Surely there’s another board you could have posted this on.

I'm painting my boardgame minis lol

Good way to get high

if you have patience try these. also they sell for a decent amount of money

Attached: s-l640.jpg (521x640, 75K)

>implying you can get validation from a racist Burmese candle making forum

>Leaf
I bet you play Ynnari

40k is redpilled, you will meet loads of based and redpilled dudes who play it, although there are also loads of fat sperg neckbeards too so use your discretion.

Collecting boulders is the true alpha hobby.

Grug like this rock carving

Do I have to be a skilled carpenter to make models for sale?

I've been building a scratchbuilt over the past 6 or so years, just chugging along working on it when I feel like, pic related was take a couple of years back

Attached: FotorCreated.jpg (1625x1080, 627K)

Pic related is what it is like today, in th eprocess of building acase for it before I finish off the remaining rigging and final touches

Attached: IMAG0141.jpg (781x1037, 340K)

Attached: IMAG0142.jpg (781x1037, 271K)

It's not really viable as a business-model (no pun intended), they just take too much time for what people are willing to pay compared to the time you spend making them and researching/planning etc unless you're turning out AAA quality models, they're deceptively very involving and time consuming

Great work user! Rule them waves

Attached: 1442160031494.jpg (600x600, 65K)

Thanks for the feedback.

Its ok.

Myself I was both enjoying modeling yet at the same time probably trolled "real" modelers immensely. Basically, I treated those things like "put them together yourself" toys and afterwards played with them / damaging them.

Also, never really painted them. (except 1-2, which I did badly, and a few others to which I gave funny/wrong paintjobs)

I think a lot of it teaches you and/or makes you appreciate little engineering details (which are not modelled in mere "toy" models)

>Make something of value
No you're not

Thanks m8 appreciated :)

Seriously, if you build one you won't ever want to part with it as you will have just invested so much of yourself into it, even the one I did is pretty much a begginer one but still 99% of everything has to be made from scratch
There are places in asia etc who sell them pre-built and the craftsmanship is very good but they have it down to a fine art and have all the neccessary jigs, tooling and people trained to do the various stages etc like a factory line so they can just churn them out

Oh well, it was a good try. I like your model, by the way, good work!

Thanyou :)

Modeling itself has a significantly higher entry cost than gaming for any technical-minded project you'll want to stir into if you chose any of the majority cast or resin kits (double to triple digits in price) on the market. The prep and procedures for detailing a model costs hundreds if you're not trickling in your tooling costs as the hobby progresses. I'd say the upfront cost is accentuated by the nature of detailing a kit and how much is demanded of you right off the boat should you want an acceptable product . So trickling in doesn't quite remove the need for beginners-advance tooling and necessities, which will undoubtedly cost more than entry costs and game purchases, even in the long-term.

Back to Discord fagboy

This is what man is reduced to, building little useless toys in the cuck shed

Attached: COLOSSUS-OF-RHODES-1.jpg (700x467, 128K)

Long ago I built a model of the Bismarck

Attached: 51Lshe4BXUL._AC_SY400_.jpg (492x340, 37K)

I remember my old neighbor liked to build those

She was very skilled. It takes patience to glue stickers the size of a grain of rice.

I'd fuck it up if i tried.

modeling is one of the things that drys out any pussy

I like to crochet doilies.
Really turns the wimmens on.

Attached: 1545513405532.jpg (879x1324, 783K)

Carpentry is really easy you can learn it in a couple of weeks. Getting the equipment is the hard part though because it's all so expensive

You think that every man in ancient times built their own colossus? Building models is a hobby that takes patience, accuracy and dedication. What do you do in your spare time?

Warhammer was 99% neckbeard stick thin acne coated weird cunts when I went to Gamesworkshops when I was younger, I think 12 or so. Honestly, seeing the types of losers who play it made me give up the whole hobby on the spot. That's how pathetic and weird those cunts all looked.

Its nice hobby, even if i kind of suck in it

Attached: WP_20190204_14_12_36_Pro[1].jpg (3840x2160, 2.32M)

I used to model all the time as a kid, the money was great but it was a bit weird being exposed like that. So many old men too, weird

Attached: WP_20190204_14_21_45_Pro[1].jpg (3840x2160, 3.01M)

When you ignore basic procedures and cake the unpainted kit in dust, yeah, you'll suck hard.

Yeah, we all play tabletop war games

Attached: 20190129_141225.jpg (2954x1951, 2.62M)

We need a modelling general, this is the most based hobby possible.

Yes, it's a good hobby.
Basically only whites and Asians do it, because only whites and Asians can create. The rest just destroys.

What about architectural modeling? Hitler was into that.

don't you have a dick to cut off'?

I have some gundam models I made as a kid. Never painted them though, just played with them a lot, so some parts are missing and some things had to be perma-glued because of that. Wing Zero, Epyon, and Deathscythe Hell (from the movie). Had a Heavy Arms too but lost it somehow. Or maybe it's in storage somewhere. I should try my hand at painting them now that I'm older.

The people that paint these things are heroes to me.

>make something of value
pay $50 to assemble something unusable that cost 25c to produce

Tried a few models. I was never able to avoid getting glue all over the place.

The delicate glue application will only frustrate and enrage me. It wouldn't be relaxing/meditative at all.

How does that work? Do you download plans for parts that fit together or plan it all out somehow? Is it energy/cost/time intensive? Is the finished product on-par with a professionally produced kit? Does that require a lot of extra work like sanding or anything?

I'm pretty interested. Sounds like it could be awesome to make your own custom shit but very complicated.

You've likely been using the wrong products.

i make gunpla

Miniature gameing is a very good hobby. I have met 20+ friends and buddys in the last 5 years. We have a nice time building, painting and playing together. Tabletop gamers are either turbo autist or the most based guys. So watch out for the idiots...
Also: It isn't infested by SJW bullshit yet so the people playing it are mostly right wing (at least in my area).

Attached: photo_2018-07-11_20-11-16.jpg (1280x728, 112K)

Whatever model you make, I can guarantee it has no value to anyone but yourself. They are garbage

>This is what man is reduced to, building little useless toys in the cuck shed
Only wh*te men are this cucked. Do you think any other race wastes their time with this crap?

>tfw you will never understand why toy likes boring ass models instead of cool spy toys for kids and rc cars instead

what made you this way where you play tabletop games and jerk off to models? I've tried going there to discuss actual toys and they don't give a shit. worst board on this site.

Attached: 1544499996360.jpg (1080x914, 114K)

So you guarantee that onlooking eyes of people able to generate appreciation for it as fellow modelmakers is not ascertained value?

modeling is outdated and costly. I can instead own a million models in my computer that can be put into use instead of being boomer shelf decor like modding games and cgi animation.

Whats the problem with that?

Modeling is based, I personally find high detail r/c scale crawling more enjoyable because you can, you know, drive them. There is nothing more satisfying than upgrading your car and tackling tough terrain with your baby.

Attached: 852A2D2A-5088-4BDF-A017-8B07A9660F5A.jpg (1920x1275, 251K)

This is about as redpilled as playing Minecraft. Seriously, what's the difference?

>protip: this is autism at its finest, retreating into a fantasy world that's in your control because you can't deal with real-life issues
Absolutely manchild tier.

>grown man driving around toy cars made from plastic is redpilled
I have no words.

/toy/ is the wrong board dude. /tg/ is for wargaming.

Certain models can be motorised and customised to a tailored need, often with some kits readily produced for that purpose.
And then when it comes time to materialise that virtual vision, you'll need to converse with real world technologies to draft, mold, print, cast, etc from existing materials.
When you look at it as slices of subsections, yeah, the scales of that variety are more or less intended to fit into the diorama niche. Dioramas are redpilled.

I gave modeling a try.
I’ve been working on real cars since I was too young to even drive them.
I thought making model cars was the gayest shit ever.
Made me appreciate working on real cars more.

Attached: E9F2C463-F10B-441B-BF9E-726581139117.jpg (1242x1099, 283K)

Don’t have you some people to not interact with and a suicide to do?

>Dioramas are redpilled.
No they are not. Dioramas, vidya, tv, it's all escapism. See

So you'll blanket any stimulating hobby as escapism. Whatever, then.

No. Doing things that socially engage
and strengthen your community are redpilled. Getting with men of your church and learning primitive survival skills or exercising are redpilled.

Misery loves company

You're the one who posted a claim that regressing into a mental state of a six-year-old is redpilled. You're the one with serious issues. I'd ask if you watch children's cartoons as well but I really don't wanna know.

>Getting with men of your church
Faggot, I bet all your wives are getting BLACKED while you’re off larping as Bear Grylls

So strengthening a modeling community and interacting with like-minded individuals. That's social engagement and community uplifting in one go. The others are just supplements to a healthy and stimulated mind.

He's probably watching sports for 5+ hours a day, and thinks making kilju is an art.

>So you'll blanket any stimulating hobby as escapism.
That is a straw man. Spending your time on something completely useless and irrelevant to the real world - like plastic models and building your "unique" house in Minecraft - is escapism. There are myriads of hobbies that are constructive and don't focus on you trying to escape the real world around you.

And mind you, there are plenty of able-bodied Christians experiencing and owing homage to God's creations in the diorama community.

I used to play Malifaux regularly (which kinda went SJW tier recently), but quit playing in 2016. I’m seriously considering picking up either 40k or AoS this summer after I finally get my fucking degree. My only problem is all the choices, but I might just end up with a core of cute Nurgle Daemons and various Maggotkin/Death Guard additions.

Attached: 609DD31F-F511-473E-96B1-B4C0AFFD0C79.jpg (225x224, 21K)

is this post sincere or not lol. how about /toy/ stops the jew subversion with the bratz type toys or something. then you will have my respect

I don't watch sports.

Wow. This is the most bluepilled and autistic post I've seen in a while.

Modelers exist in several fields where constructive scale is paramount to their work. The very basis of our civilisation is based off the sense of scale and relative deconstruction. Once again, you blanket and generalise what's readily and logically available.

Then what do you do in your spare time that wouldn't be considered escapism?

This is implying I even coerce with /toy/. It's assuredly sincere, but for communities far away from this.

No.
>Hunting
>Fishing
>Homestead skills
>Lifting
>Competitive shooting
>Bible study
>Gardening

Haha sure.
I guess if you're building models as a group.

Yawn

>Modelers exist in several fields where constructive scale is paramount to their work. The very basis of our civilisation is based off the sense of scale and relative deconstruction
That's all true. However those people are engineers and scientists. If that's your bag, get a degree and go solve real-life problems instead of autistically gluing plastic pieces together in your basement thinking you are doing anything other than mental masturbation. Because that's all vidya and shit like that is.

4/7 here. Do I win anything?
>Bible study
What exactly does one do in Bible study?

I grew up in the 70s and 80s and everyone built models. The life cycle of a Monogram or Revell model kit went something like this.
>Build 1/48 scale airplane model
>proudly display it, all details, landing gear, gear doors, ordinance, in place
>can't resist playing with it
>small details break off
>superglue to the rescue
>model takes a header off the dresser or little brother takes it down and plays with it
>more parts broken off, landing gear damaged beyond recovery
>Glue gear doors shut,hang from ceiling with thread
>Bash into it with head in the middle of the night
>Looking pretty sad now, major structural damage
>Wings and vertical stabilizers all catawampus
>Realize it's beyond recovery
>stuff one of those big bottle rockets from the 4th of July into the exhaust
>light it and throw it into the air
>I WENT TO THE DANGER ZONE
>veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBOOM
>repeat

Sports, hobbies that involve physical engagement, studying things, learning new practical skills just for the heck of it, etc. The list is innumerable.

You are outrageously depressed and it radiates through your posts. There is literally nothing wrong with enjoying a hobby that requires thought and effort. You’re my favorite type of poster, comdemning anything you don’t like as childish while you shitpost on Jow Forums. The irony is stupefying. There is not one poster here who can say they don’t indulge in a time consuming hobby. That’s what Jow Forums is.

Cycling?

things that require no brain and creativity the post...

gardening is nice though

For me it was a precursor to working on cars, guns and the like. It also helps keep the mind focused and sharp.

Yet you cannot list a single thing that you do specifically?
As I mentioned here I do 4/7 of . Specifically hunting, fishing, lifting and competetive shooting.
What do you do?

I'd rather spend more time gardening