Post your contender for the most important invention of all time

It was the first metal turning lathe created by Jacques de Vaucanson in C1750-51

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x412, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_concrete
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The water wheel. Hear me out:

It was the first time in history that humans harnessed the power of nature to create mechanical energy. The waterwheel crushed grain, turned lathes, and automated a lot of other tedious jobs. It was a big step in the right direction of eventually becoming an interstellar civilization. We will have to harness other stored energies in nature such as nuclear fusion and fission (like that of our Sun). It's the only way we'll ever leave earth, and we'll have to soon.

The Burger

Patriarchy

I always like to say it was the knife. Our oldest tool, and the most likely tool a person would choose to bring everywhere.

The machine that made everything possible, good choice OP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_concrete
roman concrete was pretty much alchemy to them. they were able to use shells and sand from the beach to make structures anywhere.

Optical glass

Braap sniffer 8000

This unironically

TNT

Attached: intro.png (942x662, 124K)

realistically though every major breakthrough is equally as important since they help create additional breakthroughs.

Probably this unironically

The motor.

You, sir, are a patrician.
That being said, I'd go so far to say that the wheel in general is the most important invention of all time. It is the Eve to every piece of technology to come after its inception.

the floss

Attached: swish swish swish.gif (931x682, 532K)

The sun doesnt use nuclear fission

This one was pretty awesome too, everything went batshit as soon as this happened

peenit batter

>The motor.

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

>lathe machine
I will never go near one ever again.

Attached: 1475248256481.webm (480x480, 152K)

Fake tits are the worlds greatest invention.

Attached: 91ab2cc3.jpg (1015x666, 106K)

benis

benis

Sanitation is still in use and saved the most lives of any other, does it count?

Digits confirm

did he died

Printing Press.

Attached: The Day the Universe changed.jpg (250x190, 12K)

Society

This unironically

Stirrups.

Have some gold

loisences

no no no no no

Plastic

I love a good trip to the skeleton factory

Nukes

this

The flatstone

If there were no way to naturally produce a perfectly flat object it would be nearly impossible to gain the precision so create one artificially. In other words, the genesis of all precision was the discovery that taking three stones and rubbing them together in the right order, intteratively, makes a natural perfect flat.

is he ded?

The correct answer is portable and maintainable fire.

Semiconductors are right up there.

You wouldn't even have a computer to post memes with if it wasn't for the motor.

>Zyklon B

jewish pogroms

vaccines

Attached: 1547068768270.png (293x326, 50K)

Writing.

Attached: 1547059096674.jpg (2972x1870, 598K)

This!

Attached: 7d56c9d0-66cd-4791-828a-c74f4c8b86b5.jpg (500x500, 57K)

Attached: paki.png (4000x3852, 301K)

>the motor.

kek

Attached: 1531699807095.jpg (1056x696, 51K)

ball bearings

threaded fasteners

This video gets shown at training days. Big lathes take no prisoners. Long hair and beards are a no no.

the lock

civil rights

that brainlet gave me a hearty kek

Got a link to the process? Sounds fascinating

I got it. The plough.

Money

You're mother said the same thing last night

The lathe is USELESS without the POWER of the ANGLO (steam). It was als USELESS untill the ANGLO POWER of Joseph Whitworth and Henry Maudslay COMBINED to make it ACCRUATE.

thats what i did to your mum last night lol

>money

Attached: 1.jpg (649x664, 21K)

>the wheel in general is the most important invention of all time

It is. But it's also the biggest Jew ever. Constant repair and upkeep. Need to build roads so Romans can concur and merchants can merch. Can't have a proper fee-for-service based libertarian society because 'muh roads'.

your mum likes the plough

The motor is the most important invention. Without it, trading would be fucking difficult, and then the economy would have been anyway near the same - and then you'd been a poorfag.

Attached: plughead.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

alcohol

it made potentially dangerous water drinkable

"Cool" category: transistors.
Real shit: artificial fertilizers.

That's pretty important. You need three 'straight' edges to check if one is perfectly straight.

Money was more of an evolutionary emergence than an invention. Commodity barter forced the most effective commodities for storing value (precious metals) to become the logical units of measure.

What you're thinking of is fractional reserve lending.

The knife... Fucking dumb dumbs

Attached: DykQIojU0AEwsAR.jpg (960x1040, 158K)

and you're not allowed to have one

This

Attached: wheelie boy.gif (499x700, 997K)

This. Literally picked up the flip knife on my desk the moment I saw this thread, and thought, yep.

>artificial fertilizers
WRONG. All that did was give us a BOOM of the 3rd world populations. The REAL agricultural shit is the NORFOLK 4 crop system (Anglo once again), not only did we get an agricultural revolution as a result but and INDUSTRIAL one as well.

not for you, nigel

Attached: 1542152677244.jpg (538x808, 191K)

The wheel would be useless without roller bearings.

Also you are all forgetting abot the perforated axe head, still in use today. It was the AR-15 of the neolithic.

Attached: shareblue.dist.jpg (750x433, 30K)

>american education

Soap and disinfectants in general.
Plumbing.
Imagine how shitty everyone smelled 200 years ago.

If not for them, you would be working the OP pic right now, or kicking cow shit over the fields.

>Fake tits are the worlds greatest invention.
No! -- They are getting in our eugenics-program of selecting for big-tidied gf/waifu!

Without roller bearings the wheel cannot carry significant weight without wearing through the axle. Dumb spic.

shareblue.distro

fucking shills

walk around then without it faggot

I put that in there to trigger you fags.

I'd say the zipper and velcro considering just how much it's being used today

Cotton Gin. The societal impacts were enormous and long lasting.

Attached: th552XJQKE.jpg (322x220, 11K)

Pretty much anything ballistics related has always been a revolutionary breakthrough in terms of war, from a simple sling to ICBMs.

did his legs come off?

>Without roller bearings the wheel cannot carry significant weight
cargo trains don't use roller bearing, mutt

for me? its the big mac.

checked

tHe SoCIeTaL iMPacTs WeRE EnORmOuS aND LoNG LAsTiNg
The societal impacts were enormous and long lasting.

Attached: sst.jpg (257x196, 9K)

The toilet

Attached: SP0278_kohler-dual-flush_s3x4.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.1707.jpg (1280x1707, 57K)

I believe so.

Looks like his back was crushed.