Anime peaked in 1998

anime peaked in 1998.

Attached: c4d9651d5d2f2464f63c7e11c0285cb6bd7c6a1d2103850535fbbe94730b7747.gif (500x357, 949K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBzKXP9cnIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1945*

BASED

Attached: 1523186534735.jpg (640x480, 197K)

Nevar forget

Lain and Bebop.
Yep. It was pretty epic.

Agree to disagree

Wrong, it peaked in 1985

Attached: AngelsEgg.png (662x372, 341K)

No it peaked when (insert year relevant to age group)

Attached: icecream.jpg (480x642, 251K)

Attached: 9DF5B2F1-8A78-4433-84F9-73F89DB75FD4.jpg (225x350, 57K)

Lame is a Whore

Attached: .gif (377x291, 43K)

Trigun too. It was a pretty good year.

lain more like lame

>kerdasi amaq

nostalfag nigger

Peaked in 2002

youtube.com/watch?v=NBzKXP9cnIQ

Lain had a nice atmosphere but when you take off the nostalgia glasses and look at it objectivily you realize that the whole idea of the "wired" as this mysterious magical place is just dumb. It only worked back then because the internet was still new and people could still be in awe of it. Nowadays everybody takes the internet for granted and the idea of dead souls residing in the wired is just straightout dumb anyway. Lain was the result of a bunch of Japs doing drugs in Amsterdam while reading Gibson and other cyberpunk trash.

t. doesn't love lain.
It's a pretty dumb idea to call a piece of media "dumb" just because times have changed. Is moby dick any less good of a book now that the civilised world dont hunt whales anymore?
You might come back with "well it was made for people back then how do we enjoy it now". When you watch it, you get a glimpse of what they were thinking back then. It doesn't matter when you watch it, their image wont change.
If you don't understand this, maybe you're better off sticking to reality tv.

Attached: cec4b990e12df1e44f1b9ec0d27ca656.jpg (500x500, 38K)

>the idea of dead souls residing in the wired is just straightout dumb
And you says this on Jow Forums of all places?

Lain was right in all of its predictions, even the fact that makes the wired seem so mystical is to emphasis how it will eventually be something that would control our everyday lives. Jow Forums is literally us living out Lain, we all have our persona even while anonymous

i liked the first episode but after that it got kinda boring and had that anime-cheese effect if you know what i mean

Attached: 1538881410276.jpg (795x1097, 319K)

>now that the civilised world dont hunt whales anymore
Norway and Japan have a higher standard of living than Australia; do you not count them among the "civilised world" since they hunt whales?

And hunting whales is not unrealistic, unlike the idea of the wired as some mystical place which connects people with ghosts.

Those were literal dead souls in Lain. And if it was some kind of 3deep5me metaphor it was a shitty one.

You're just retroactively seeing whatever you want to see in that show. Lain didn't really predict the imperialistic behavior of a handful of tech companies like Google or Facebook. Lain was all about some cult of super-hackers and their secret club. Lain thought that a small elite of tech-savvy would rule the internet, whereas nowadays the internet is ruled by social media company because most people are technologically illiterate and dumb enough to willingly give away all their data. We never needed any hackers: people just gave away their privacy out of their own will.

>what is a joke?
>it has to be real for me to enjoy it
Now is when I would post one of those wojak brainlet memes