Go on depression forum

>go on depression forum
>Read thread about how people with severe depression cope with modern life, full time jobs, etc.
>Find an essay a user wrote that went viral describing his daily cycle of soul suffocating work, then immediately counting down the minutes of free time he has left as soon as his shift ends.
>Become famous on the forum because of how well written this was, somebody even sent him money.
>Go to his user history
>last post 1 year ago
>thread saying he's going to go to the beach and eat his favorite food, then shoot himself
>only 1 reply
>"we'll miss you :)"
Why....why? I cried for the first time in years after seeing this. God bless that man.

Attached: erebus3.jpg (600x438, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/depression/comments/3dvvep/misery_in_terms_of_40_hour_work_week/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

link?

What fucking good would come from visiting a depression forum?

You don't learn how to play football from the guy with no legs

Attached: 1436834972397.jpg (756x1000, 79K)

it's the top post
reddit.com/r/depression/comments/3dvvep/misery_in_terms_of_40_hour_work_week/
you've been warned it's soul crushing.

the c*rnonigger is right

Postah rink foh da chink

Attached: i azhan.jpg (474x471, 27K)

I quit alcohol a few weeks ago and have been having severe mood shifts, last night I was extremely blackpilled.
it was cathartic reading his post, history, and suicide note. It reminds me that all people with that outlook on life meet the same end. I can't be like that, ever.
If you think you're a slave, you become a slave. What you think you become.

it's the plebbit link top comment

Well, if that works for you great. But as someone well-versed in being mentally ill, the worst thing I could do would be to listen to the thoughts of some rando unmedicated schizo

Attached: tenor.png (540x450, 236K)

how do you deal with having to be a normal person, work full time, rent housing, etc?

1) I accept that I am not normal and never will be
2) I work for myself as a carpenter/furniture restorer, mostly alone apart from when I have to buy supplies and source particular bits of wood
3) I bought a 2-up-2-down and a garage that I use as a workshop from my parents and have a pretty flexible "mortgage" with them. I paid a 15k deposit and pay £400 a month. I can make £200 in 8 hours of work but can also go 2 months (like I did from November to January this year) making nothing due to psychosis chimp outs and hospitalisation. Luckily the latter should come to an end now that I am on depot injections and don't have to take my medication daily

Attached: C9i5fhPXcAALQXT.jpg (1200x675, 97K)

Gay thread. Sorry.

well cheers that sounds pretty comfy and I'm glad you're doing the best with what you can. Sounds like a good job. I do welding and was thinking about maybe getting into doing private work for people, since my passion is making music and I can't make enough money doing that to survive and working 40 hours a week in a factory kills my soul.
My doctor recc'd me to get on meds, but I denied them due to side effects.
I was abusing a lot of LSD, DMT, alcohol. I tried to disassociate myself as much as possible from reality in hopes that I could ascend to a state that would solve all my problems.
Obviously it never happened, but I did learn a lot.
Quitting alcohol saved me.
Do you smoke weed?

Meds can work, don't straight up refuse them on the basis of some retarded Jow Forums opinion. Not saying that is what you are doing, but I see a lot of it. They definitely can have horrible side effects, but they really do work sometimes too

I smoke when I go abroad with my friends but that's about it. Smoked a lot of weed at university, which was a terrible decision given that I was well aware at the time that I have long suffered from psychoses, but I found that it always had extremely predictable effects on me. I never felt like it was close to sending me over the edge and for me it is so far from a psychotic break that not doing it on the basis of my mental health would be like an average person saying "I don't want that 1 beer, I don't want to kill my entire family in a moment of alcohol-fuelled violence". Alcohol for me, really fucks me up and it was the prime cause of me not taking my meds

I did a lot of stronger psychedelics at uni too. These were a different ballgame to weed and at times I really felt like I was skating on thin ice. I would never do them again, but considering nothing bad happened, I don't regret that I did. I think DMT made me realise that I wasn't a person that was capable of violence to others, even at my worst. Losing this fear made my life much easier

Attached: images (1).jpg (300x168, 11K)

The digits,

interesting. DMT helped me lose a lot of fears too.
How do you avoid blackpills/doomer mindset?

I keep busy, I speak to people, I take life at a pretty slow pace. I find that mindfulness really helps. Focus at the task in hand, not the future

well right now I have to find a new job because I have 500$ and my rent is due March 1st but I looked online, found no jobs nearby, and now I'm kind of feeling numb.
guess I'll keep focusing on finding a job

Is carpentry worth it in the UK? Was thinking of changing careers, IT jobs ask for a lot and pay very little these days unless you're a programmer or some shit and I'm getting sick of sitting behind a desk.

That was rough to read, particularly the artist part. But I’m in a school that helps you network and everything so I doubt I will ever not have any job opportunities.

Yeah as somebody whose real passion is making music, it's depressing going to work 40+ hours a week in a factory with a bunch of boomers.
By the time I get out of work, I rarely have the energy or motivation to go home and make music. That's why I picked up a drinking habit, which is luckily now gone.
Now I'm just sitting in my bedroom hoping things turn around. I'm trying my best.

You should get into programming, I have a cousin who does some basic coding for amazon along with hundreds of other people just in his city alone, makes 85,000 a year and he said it’s pretty simple work.

I can't really say. I mostly make furniture, which I think everywhere else in the country people call joinery, but here joinery is site work, carpentry is the finisher trades. I've managed to carve out a niche that people in my area overpay for. I couldn't really speak for the carpentry/joinery economy as a whole. I'm not the best but I'm autistically fast and have some good connections through friends who work as tree surgeons and I can get the centrepiece for a £250 table for free or snide payments if I turn up at the right time

I know one person that is in the traditional site work carpentry/joinery business. He makes a very good living, but the the hours are insane if you are working for someone else and more often than not, work is very seasonal

>amazon
yeah great idea they're definitely a good company to join right now...

What I can tell you for sure it that the McMansion, McFurniture trend that has infected the UK as it did the US has people longing for rustic, authentic hand work. It is this that keeps me afloat

Attached: blogposting.jpg (1245x1197, 362K)

Yeah I’ve only ever done part-time manual labor related jobs for Home Depot and other companies. Now I’m just doing online schooling and gambling all the money I have on the stock market so I can pay off my student loans before I graduate. Hope to become an indie game developer personally but I wouldn’t be against working for a company with other people.

They’re worth like a trillion dollars, I don’t see them downsizing anytime soon considering how many industries they’re buying up and monopolizing on. He’s in Seattle anyway.

do you live at home? I wish I could afford rent working part time. Spending over 50% of my waking hours laboring is killing me, even when i'm being paid 25$ an hour. Is that money really worth it if I have no energy to do anything positive with my life after work?

I live with my dad and I don’t have to pay rent or anything. I buy all my own stuff though besides food for the most part. I graduate in about 2 years so I’ve got some time to do my own thing. Just couldn’t handle working late nights anymore and trying to balance everything else all at once. Haven’t had problems with depression in years I would say, you either get over it after a while or you don’t I guess.

Oh frick off with you two, this one's interesting.

Attached: 1544824926159.jpg (600x800, 149K)

no

Attached: se29.jpg (1280x781, 297K)

nice digits.
I must just be experiencing mood swings from quitting alcohol because I feel more depressed than I have in a long time and it happened pretty suddenly.
I wish my dad would let me live at home. :(

Good thread, thanks for sharing.

Attached: .png (1403x1077, 113K)

How old are you user?

Attached: Cat.jpg (1252x1252, 346K)