Japanese Invasion

Please don't get mad at me, this is my opinion. As much as I like anime, those anime references in western cartoons and anime themed western cartoons made me worry. I worried that Japan might end up alienating part of our western culture. It feels kind of unfair that anime is popular in America, but ours aren't popular in Japan. I just don't get it.

Attached: fbb6dae5d761dc6eb1a493d46dade2300de6d5ab_hq.jpg (720x394, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMHSE1u4G5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Mkx803SqM2k
youtube.com/watch?v=G54CR19CoZA&list=PLfTobbpYHvM0ZfwB6VERVYgMfaOMtN-Ht
youtube.com/watch?v=P-rU2nPAIQc
videor.co.jp/tvrating/
disney.co.jp/store/storeinfo/189.html
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105573882/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ours aren't popular in Japan.
this is false. capeshit is mainstream worldwide.

This.
Tell me what those jap kids are watching on those tv sets. It isn't fucking Naruto I can tell you that.

This.
What kind of an idiot thinks that american cartoona are only watched in america?
Oh I know! an american!

Hollywood movies are mainstream arround the world, even in Japan, but no one knows what Japanese cinema looks like, it wouldn't even suprised me to learn that even Japanese don't.

>but ours aren't popular in Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=hMHSE1u4G5Y

Beside animes are pretty niche outside of blockblusters like naruto or Bleach, even in Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mkx803SqM2k

Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=G54CR19CoZA&list=PLfTobbpYHvM0ZfwB6VERVYgMfaOMtN-Ht

Have you seen any American pop culture references in anime before?

>reeee americans can't use jap reference they're not subarashii enough
>meanwhile
youtube.com/watch?v=P-rU2nPAIQc

Retards.

The only hero Japan knows or cares about is Spider-Man, and that's mostly from their own Japanese tokusatsu version.

MCU movies get outperformed by tons of domestic films. Pokemon, Doraemon, Detective Conan.

A show being dubbed in Japanese does not equate to it being popular. Unlike anime, it's the American companies themselves that are in charge of localizing cartoons for foreign audience. Channels like Cartoon Network and Disney are satellite channels you have to pay exclusively for, which in turn means they're not very popular. NIckelodoen was so unpopular they had to shut down and pull out of the Japanese market

Sorry /co/, but Japan doesn't care about your shitty Tumblr cartoons.

Yeah, multiple times.

US cartoons suck, just like their comics. Enjoy One Piece and Naruto being worldwide phenomina while your shitty Muslim-pushing agenda Ms. Marvel sells only 10,000 copies worldwide.

You think Western culture is in danger because people are putting anime references in cartoons? You are a massive fucking retard, holy fucking shit.
All the fucking time. Shit, aren't there a ton of them in Bebop for a start?

As a westerner i'll say this. Western "culture" is fucking shit. Let the cancer die already. You want more kiddie shit? You want more ugly cartoons? You want more fucking thundercats?

>anime is popular in America, but ours aren't popular in Japan. I just don't get it.
Because they're fucking shit.

>and anime themed western cartoons
Oh please. Castlevania was the only half decent anime styled one.

also hollywood cgshit is the only good stuff from the west and that's popular in japan alright. too popular actually, that cancer actually outsold redline

Japan does apparently have small conventions for American cartoons though, and if I recall correctly the one I saw wasn't focused on Disney, which they also apparently love.

It's really a norm. People reference things they're inspired by or grew with. Osamu Tezuka was mostly copying Disney and Fleischer brothers at his time. And you can see plenty of Western material in many different anime and manga, from Panty and Stocking to Rurouni Kenshin. I don't count all the Batman and X-Men anime adaptations.

It's just so happened that now people who grew up then anime hit USA and got big, are now reaching their adulthood and success and so you see anime referenced more then ever before.

But inspiration always went both ways and will always do.

>(((western culture)))
Fuck off.

The fuck are you on about Frozen is the biggest thing ever in Japan. They eat american shit up. More people are aware of Disney and Simpsons than whatever otaku trash you are watching.

>capeshit
>japan

wow…

Imma keep it real with you chief, Most Western cartoons are fucking Trash

(Star wars the clone wars is really good tho)

Star Wars: Clone Wars is great
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is okay

Cartoon Network has been airing Cowboy Bebop for over 17 years.

Now this happens.

Attached: 1486615870551.png (705x486, 692K)

Fuck off. Japan loves their foreign shit and younger generations in particular love to suck western media dick because it's cool. A short walk around trendy areas like Shibuya and you'll see far more stores with capeshit and star wars than anime.
>local movies and series from their own country tend to be popular in the country they were produced for
Yeah no shit

You talk alot of shit for an user in Blaster range

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (768x433, 43K)

>spike shows up briefly in a fucking cartoon
>alienating part of our western culture

>Frozen is a television show

Sasuga, ESL-chan.

Also, Japan doesn't give a fuck about the Simpsons. At least you didn't use South Park, which was cancelled in Japan after 9 seasons because it was unpopular.

Which one is which?

The 2D one had a fucking ugly ass artstyle and shitty Samurai Jack tier cartoony "action"

The CG one was still ugly, but less so, plus it had an actual plot at least

ITT a bunch of retards talking out of their ass but most of all, OP.

>Fuck off. Japan loves their foreign shit and younger generations in particular love to suck western media dick because it's cool. A short walk around trendy areas like Shibuya and you'll see far more stores with capeshit and star wars than anime.

Why do you lie on the internet when it's so easy to prove you wrong? I walk past a store dedicated to One Piece every day on my way to work through Shibuya. I can't say I've ever seen a store dedicated to whatever western trash /co/ watches.

There's Shibuya109, icon of the area save for hachiko with a Marvel store on iirc second floor, high western movie/comic presence in Village Vanguard, the literal comic con they held in Shibuya later last year, and comic merch and trendy accessories in Magnet. You obviously have arcades and anime stores further in, but at the heart and center of the district is a ton of trending western stuff. And if you proved me wrong about some stores, then what? Are you trying to say that western stuff isn't popular here?

Japan is a tiny island filled with a bunch of monkeys.

the character on the left was in fact played by spike's english dub actor too. its fun.

What if Kamala Khan is ethnic neutral and resembles Amu from L-Gaim?

Hopefully the Japanese will invade my empty heart and make it warm again.

Attached: 1550105572759.jpg (400x240, 17K)

>knowing dub voice actors

You have to go back

>Tell me what those jap kids are watching on those tv sets. It isn't fucking Naruto I can tell you that.

videor.co.jp/tvrating/

Last week it was.

1. Sazae-san
2. Detective Conan
3. Chibi Maruko-chan
4. Crayon Shin-chan
5. Doraemon
6. Gyakuten Saiban
7. One Piece
8. Star Twinkle Precure
9. Gegege no Kiraro
10. Oshiri Tantei

Hm, guess you're right, no Naruto. But also I don't see your precious western cartoons on there either.

Bebop's english dub is an all-around better product than the japanese dub, and even the creator admits it.

>even the creator admits it.

[citation needed]

Jesus fuck, Sazae-san still gets the top spot even after all these years?

found the tv tropes baby

Mr. eikaiwa teacher, have you ever visited Sapporo? There's a Disney store in the train station building.

disney.co.jp/store/storeinfo/189.html

Steven Jay Blum is in a quadrillion other things, his voice is incredibly distinct, you gotta be a moron to not recognize

Who cares? American cartoons are shit anyway

>western
>culture

Attached: 1549240929352.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

US animation has gone to shit. It's all shitty flash animations filled with sjw propaganda. I don't want it to be popular in Japan.

>Japan might end up alienating part of our western culture.
Good, western culture is fucking trash.
>ours aren't popular in Japan.
The only good one we have are always ripping off anime.

>Castlevania
>anime styled
Have American cartoons been shitty calart style for so long that any semi realistic style gets confused with anime now?

>9 seasons
Wow what a flop

Pretty sure they advertised it as "anime" too.

This, i'd be embarrassed if nips actually saw western "animation."

You don't want (((western culture))) making too strong inroads in Japan. It's bad enough that anime studios are starting to get a taste of western $$$. Anime in 20 years will be completely jewified and not worth watching.

This thread is stupid.

>even the creator admits it
source?

Yea American shit is so cancers.

>semi realistic style
Anime doesn't have a definite style but Castlevania could easily be interpreted as being under that umbrella. Not just the character design, but effect animation, movement, background art, compositing, etc is all unmistakably like anime and whether they label it anime or not, the influence is clearly there

Disney is not what people mean when they ask if western animation is popular. You know they specifically mean the garbage on Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon/Disney Channel

>h please. Castlevania was the only half decent anime styled one.

Castlevania fucking sucks ass and as fuck all to do with the games. It's just Warrne Elliis circlejerking his anti-Christain boner

nips love spongebob

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about. It really depends on the author. Douman Seiman loves his fucking references and shows like Trigger stuff like P&S love it

>Anime doesn't have a definite style

Exectky, so people should stop whining about western animators trying to "emulate" anime style, which is non-existant and covers many very different, sometimes opposite stylistic choices, most of which are nothing inque for Japan exclusively..

>Jesus fuck, Sazae-san still gets the top spot even after all these years?

It's an institution now; you can't dethrone Sazae-san unless something catastrophic happened to the staff

Bebop is all about western culture you retard so it's the other way around, now fuck off.

It's only because Hollywood force-feeding capeshit movies though, not the capeshit comics themselves.

It's a Japanese Simpsons, only better.

B-but Simpsons is the best animated television show ever created

But Simpsons is boring shit.

For those that are actually curious about what might be out there instead of arguing over here, check out some pictures of a /co/ doujinshi event from around a month ago. It might be interesting for some to see the crossover between Western cartoons and Japanese doujin culture.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105573882/

Attached: 1548607367935.jpg (2048x1536, 880K)