Why are old movies, games, music, even TV shows so much better than today...

Why are old movies, games, music, even TV shows so much better than today? I feel like in the past all of these were more genuine, and today they are bland and it feels fake. And no, this is not nostalgia, this is an objective observation. It's like people in the past put way more energy into their art being good and today it's all about who gets the most attention.

At which point did humanity become consumers of mindless garbage and how do we stop this trend?

Attached: command-conquer_18.gif (640x400, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openra.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=DR01YdFtWFI
youtube.com/watch?v=3tHPsphg9xc
youtube.com/watch?v=TrIzgD9i7hU&list=RD86_vnQc1oBE&index=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Theres an actual conspiracy to dumb down the public so they're like fish in a barrel when the time comes. Confiscating personal firearms and vehicles is part of that.

Attached: dolan_nalod.png (500x498, 72K)

>And no, this is not nostalgia, this is an objective observation.
>feels fake
>objective

You can't change it but you can try and make something yourself. I myself am interested in writing and I noticed on YT for example there are people who pump out have a dozen books a year, multiple ongoing sagas, multiple genres, they make videos talking about amazon algorithims and how they spend cash for ads and all this shit while offering "courses"

It is nothing but a "job" for them. I couldn't imagine forcing myself to write, say, erotica for 40+ year old women simply becaus its the fastest growing sub genere on amazon at the moment. I think people who produce art out of NEED have been lost in over saturation of others who put more effort in marketting, thus making good art hard to find

It's feels fake but it's also fake in an objective way.

Its objective, modern movies like star wars the last jedi are absolutely pants on head fucking retarded; the resistances best admiral runs a complete shitshow that should get her tried for treason and dereliction of duty yet the "journalists" hail her as smart leader

it was better then for many reasons

the graphics and music were limited , which inspired creators to try harder and also beck then there was no nwo agenda pushed on the public it was an organic time

Attached: kittymeister.jpg (478x313, 64K)

I don't know why exactly, but we do know what replaced it: progressive, politically correct, social justice, that favors pushing a godless agenda over actually being good and worth your time. The year 2007 is thrown about as the point at which it started, but you could point to many examples signalling the decline.

Come and see

openra.net/

Attached: comeandsee_gif_07_07_12.gif (500x375, 1.22M)

Its called depression. Your life sucks now and youre a depressed faggot so old things when you werent such a depressed faggot seemed much better.

Attached: IMG_0608.jpg (420x420, 179K)

Fuck I loved those games.

it was 9/11/01 the day this country died. The 1960s was the start however

>At which point did humanity become consumers of mindless garbage
Once AAA companies figured out it's easier to please investors if you recycle mechanics that have worked in the past. So they leave it up to indie developers to innovate.

It is like everything is made of bright colored plastic today and in the past it was made of fine old wood with deep scents.

The stakes were higher and it was a gold rush, particularly when it comes to video games. Your product had to be consistently good and innovative to survive.

Movies suck now because even if the movie bombs, the execs still get paid. Its why there is so many remakes. They dont give a shit if its going to be good, they just want to fill seats and make money.

Attached: 1551846499297.png (2632x2948, 1.47M)

Mostly nostalgia. Go back and play old games and the biggest thing that sticks out is awful controls.

Name one superstar rock group that formed recently that was instantly adored by the entire world and isn't marketed to 13 year old girls

Name one movie produced in the past 10 years that can compare to Pulp Fiction or Star Wars IV,V,VI in terms of brilliancy and mastery of storytelling

Name one AAA game produced in the past 10 years that defined a new genre or even substantially redefined it.

Name a honest modern TV show that isn't scripted and rehearsed, with genuine people doing genuine things discussing in a genuine and intelligent way.

Name a modern kids cartoon that doesn't have obnoxious characters and contains any type of positive moral teaching whatsoever.

Attached: 470480._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x546, 64K)

Mainstream gaming wasn't a thing back then.
We still have just as good games today, they're just indie.

Attached: factorio.jpg (1600x900, 843K)

It was a good game but it had its limitations and sometimes it showed. Some of it was for game balance but there's multiple ways to deal with balancing that doesnt actually nerf anything.
> mfw garbage spec ops missions, and humm-vees and buggies that were kinda shit against soldiers even though they were supposed to counter soldiers (soldiers did more damage)
does not have the same effect at higher resolutions,
also the soldier model sprites are too large compared to the original (they were in fact resized, in the worst possible way)

its mostly this, but its only because the full 3d experience just wasnt available and that lowered expectations.
But since this niche of creative visualizing, and suspension of disbelief is basically gone now thats the reason indie/retro stuff is getting popular
> its not being done right
yup, it was the wild west
I tried to get in on it, and it ruined my life

and for movies, they have lost their creative edge, there are no new stories to write, its all been done by now and if anyone does anything different the public will just say "that reminds me so much of lord of the rings" or "its another slasher flick" or "guardians of the galaxy was better than this"

How about a gritty sci-fi movie with lots of gore where everyone feels vulnerable? Done in the same artistic style as Alien3 and The Thing. Like some warhammer shit.

Also how about movies that get a retro filter put on them so it looks like it did back in the 80s, and release an HD version on dvd. Instead of this crap like Stranger Things and Sabrina The Teenage Bitch which pretend to be retro but are shot at full 30fps and digital clarity.

> name one game
Meh im gonna have to go with Dark Souls on that. But thats the only one I think.
whoa, what new devilry is this?

Attached: based serbian.jpg (256x292, 9K)

>Name one superstar rock group that formed recently that was instantly adored by the entire world and isn't marketed to 13 year old girls
Maybe Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys

Yep, technology was limited and creativity had to overcome those limitations, like music that was made for record players where within limits or the needle couldn't keep up to convey

>Name a modern kids cartoon that doesn't have obnoxious characters and contains any type of positive moral teaching whatsoever.
I dont know if it fits in the "cartoon" category, but, Avatar??

"Gute dinge brauchen weile"
People need now not tomorrow, because people are dumb. Take your time and you will get the praise you deserve.

>I tried to get in on it, and it ruined my life
what happened?

Look at this. Literally YEARS of adding to a game was considered worse by the MAJORITY of the player base. What were they even paying their devs for??

misplaceditems.com/rs_tools/graph/?display=avg&interval=qtr_yr&total=0

Literally who?

>"engineering."

While I think in general these "everything was better" sentiments are usually the product of ignoring the fact every era has had its share of rubbish and only the more outstanding elements are remembered over time, sometimes you come across things that do make you wonder.
Case in point, a few days ago I rewatched Shiguri, and after I was done I remembered the same guy had directed Texhnolyze, so I decided to look him up and maybe watch other things he'd worked on that I missed since I found him to be incredibly talented and his style rather enthralling. What did I find?
That the guy that spearheaded two of the most unique, gritty and downright brutal/insane anime of all time had been tasked in the last few years with directing the B&S anime, goddamn Terraformars and fucking Orange. He's being wasted because and left to rot because the industry has long since stopped attempting to take risks and has instead settled into a rut of pandering to niche but dedicated fandoms.
And its not jut him really, I don't see the works of Oshii or Kawajiri, to name a couple, feasibly being made nowadays; people like that could only thrive when the industry was still willing to experiment.

Attached: i6ooENq.jpg (1536x2048, 253K)

In 1993 as a teen I decided I was going into graphic design and became self-taught at bitmapping pixel art. But I had no capability to learn programming at all, and actually I didnt so much want to draw the graphics as actually design the games.
I managed to form some lightweight connections in the industry because of my pixel art portfolio, but it never went anywhere.
When college time came - there was no such thing as a digital art degree, just a traditional one and I didnt think it would have any value so I didnt pursue it.
Turned down all other opportunities, had nothing to fall back on.

Current year I have no degree, no certifications, and have been without a job so long I dont even have any relevant entries to put on a job application.
Not even walmart will hire me.
> I have a 140 IQ

Attached: almost dead.jpg (474x363, 24K)

As I said earlier they do still exist, check out greta van fleet if you want a promising rock band. They will never be at justin bieber/beatles levels of fame because of the culture, but that's not what matters.

youtube.com/watch?v=DR01YdFtWFI

>> I have a 140 IQ
then you will find this a thread wasted on nu/pol/ists :

How good is your pixel art today?

>yang2020

>greta van fleet
Literally a poorly made copy of Led Z.
So, yeah, great bands resides in our past.

Because they dont care anymore. They make so much money just by the title of a fucking game that the content is fuck all

Thats just perspective. Today is a short time. The past is a long time. There was a lot of crap in the past that has mostly been forgotten

factorio is the best game ever made

>in the past put way more energy into their art being good
You said it right there. In the past you had to hand craft every frame of animation, 3d models feel bland and fake because they ARE bland and fake, like objectively, less human creativity goes into it.

Same applies to animation in film. Same applies to live action film. Limitation is known to boost creativity.

I couldn't GAF at this point about the politics side
As soon as Trump leaves office, for any reason, we're in the CW. Full stop.
So thats all im on the lookout for.

Yang can suck my wang. His UBI is shit.
> it should only be 500, and it should cannibalize most of the social programs to do it
> it should only apply to Natural Born Citizens, eg someone who could be eligible for presidency someday. Only about 100mil people would qualify maybe.
> and the Minimum Wage would have to be repealed.
Nobody's willing to do that because it kills prospects for foreigners. But thats how you'd make it work.

Attached: your memes are shit.jpg (474x472, 38K)

>better plots
>main characters that are not just cookie cutters or have objectives that can be fought for
>platform is engaging and constant interaction requires attention

Fuck if I know

when you're young, it's much easier to enjoy time wasting activities like gaming. At 12 years old, there exists almost nothing outside of your game world so you can get lost in it for days, and thus you remember it fondly, because it was in fact better than how you experience it now.

But now you have very real responsibilities, a full time job, a mortgage, dependents, time suddenly has an expiration date you can sense, life has a burdensome weight to it that you can feel, and now playing that same game (adjusted for bad graphics or any other similar nostalgia goggle elements) feels like a massive energy suck - at any moment you break from the experience and it feels like you are just using it to avoid the other things in life you have to do (and goals you want to achieve), and the whole experience just leaves you empty

Yeah but there was also bands like The Doors.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tHPsphg9xc

Where are The Doors of today?

bump my thread you stupid nigger

Attached: wololo.jpg (300x300, 14K)

The problem with modern bands is that the industry are only willing to invest in personality driven artist, it's not about the music anymore. Its about what the artist stands for, and his ability to sell ideological garbage to us.

that new devilry is factorio, and it is the shit.

Today is Jewish depraved half assed shit

>spaghetti engineer
I see you're a man of culture as well.

it's a disgusting development

Attached: images (22).jpg (500x201, 18K)

Good call. This game is insanely good.

That image sent me right back to my childhood

I can still hit like a truck but these days they've got tools to do the same stuff in a more streamlined way. Particle systems for putting together special effects like explosions, etc. (something called Pixm8or or such can even conquer textures and in retro style games they're even better than the 90s stuff)
I whipped up some good stuff for Zdoom but its been awhile.

Yeah it looks great but I have a sneaking suspicion its not optimized and its made with unity with is bloated as allF.
Its great, but im not going to bother playing it just on principal.

And I even bitch at the people who make XPiratez because they're handling their resource loading procedures inefficiently (load all the OGG files and decompress them and keep them All in memory? geez, they might as well be wav files).
Also I kinda stopped upgrading the game when the new energy shield mechanics came in. Because fuck that.

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20171109_153635.png (640x400, 111K)

>Waiting on WoW classic
>For like 10 years now

Attached: 1537608474049.gif (540x540, 1.26M)

Stay away from factorio. You still have time. Don't make the same mistake we made.

It’s cute that people think Led Zeppelin was the only band that had a lead singer who sang in a falsetto... or the only rock & roll band with a falsetto in the group for that matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrIzgD9i7hU&list=RD86_vnQc1oBE&index=4

They copy them.. shitty band

The game is actually insanely well optimized. You can have tens of thousands of moving sprites and there is no lag. Even online with lots of people playing it runs great.

Jesus brazillians are fucking stupid

It's because most dev firms have hired brown women to replace all the nerdy neckbeard code monkeys that used to make great things because they loved them. These people are there purely as political activists. So they have to asset flip, use existing engines and code, and outsource to the Baltic programmers who still hire white men (but have no quality control) - they're basically running on vapours of a greater people that came before. Which is the story for boomers, gen X, and millennials in general. Those vapours are soon to run out.

Ill tell you what ought to be done with Retro games to make them even better. Keep them as PALETTE style games, but make a custom internal format for it so that you dont have to rely on 8 bit limitations.

There is a big difference between 256 colors and 512 colors, or 1024 colors (that is 9bits or 10bits per pixel). And just for data consistency you can use the remaining bits for a 2 Byte variable for something else like alpha blending.

It seems trivial but doing that you can have a pretty damn wide variety of colors. There are some good 8 bit palettes from games past but they all share one weakness in common and thats Color Availability. You end up having to leave out entire hues and dont even have an appropriate band to color something in.
(eg, in OG Doom there was only one hue of Blue and it was deeply saturated and unrealistic looking. So you couldn't have Teal. And there was a pathetic 4 colors of Purple)
Do it like this and you can make games that look retro, but dont have the obvious limitations of an 8 bit game.
TLDR - The whole reason you'd do this is for PALETTE REMAPS. A lost and extremely powerful technology. Its part of what made Diablo 2 so strong.

hmm, ill check it out, maybe

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20171115_163623.png (640x400, 114K)

I gave up on it years ago when they started talking about how they had no idea where to start because they had patched over the game so many times and never backed anything up.

There was a time game developers actually had to put out a quality game in order to get sales. It wasn't just the logo on the game.
Of course Blizzard eventually turned into one of those companies. "Anything produced by blizzard is good. They even split companies into blizzard, and blizzard north so they could make even more cool games!
Then we had gamer gate

I know what you mean OP.

Fiction of all sorts has stopped being authentic, and when I watch something old, be it a movie or anime, be it music or a book I feel fulfilled. It feels authentic and is authentic. It is as if at some recent point (think a decade or so) everything became a soulless product. But that is not all. I think the issue is deeper. Human beings as such are empty shells of what they once were. I feel this even in myself and it frightens me. I am in my thirties and my life is great, so this isn't teenage angst or similar bullshit. Everything is devoid of content, empty, meaningless, and feels like a cheap knock-off of the real thing. I can't think of this in any terms except metaphysical, I'm one of those guys. To me this all reeks of some profound inner change in Humanity that has drained us of our everything, and I do not know its name or origin. It is as if this endless sea of imagination has dried up. Nobody takes anything seriously anymore, but though this sounds cheeky and fun the reality of it is just pure inhuman existential dread. It's as if everything we considered human has been hollowed out and we have nothing to fill the void with. High ideals? Deep perversions? Chastity? Pedophilia? Murder, gentleness, love and hate? We believe in none of those things. We cannot take them seriously. All of that is paper thin and meaningless to us. We are all spent, completely spent and empty. And our fiction shows that.

Clown world is more like a world of mist and cobwebs with no meaning within or without. We DO treat fiction now as a mere product for $. But I think this issue goes beyond politics and mere zoomer rationalizations.

Everything is empty, but it was once full of meaning. May there be mercy for us all.

Attached: 1547929843686.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

>At which point did humanity become consumers of mindless garbage
Right around the time companies decided that rather than finding talent and promoting great art and artists, they're just going to shovel whatever shit they can crank out at you non stop for the sake of making more profit (in addition to soiling everything with leftist politics). See modern pop music and however many cut/pasted call of duty games there are now.

>Why are old movies, games, music, even TV shows so much better than today?
nostalgia

Same reason why acting used to be different back in the day. It used to be more "genuine" but now people get "taught" how to act, and you get the same vibe from all of them

It's a rollercoaster, sometimes the artists win some times the companies, most of the time the companies.

>and I do not know its name or origin.
Look into what an Archon is. Study Gnosticism. It pretty much explains everything you just said.

Morrowind was the last true RPG. No waypoint markers, no fast travel (have to find a mode of transport), use a journal to decipher what to do next.

Why do people want FF7 so desperately to be released on ps4?
It certainly isn't because it's better than all the other Final Fantasies.

I don't care what you faggot niggers say, windows 95 was fucking awful. Never has an operating system crashed as much. Windows 98 was only moderately more stable. When Windows 2k came out the game changed.

Name one triple A game in the last 3 years that let the artists win, and not the narrative the company is trying to produce.

Board games are better than ever and one of the last havens from the pc bullshit because they are mechanics based still.

On the whole everything wanting a political message instead of just a fun or interesting story is the biggest problem with stuff these days.

For example, the newest predator movie promoted the concept that humans were going extinct because of climate change which is hilariously wrong sense humans are literally the only large animals that alter the environment when it isn't ideal to survive. It also claimed Autists were literally the next step in human evolution.

Shit like The Last of Us promoting a lesbian relationship with literally the only human to be immune to the cordycep parasites thereby destroying the future of humanity because she wants to slam clams with brown sluts is just pants on head retarded.

Music is either stupid love songs from people who have never experienced emotions before written by Jews, mumble rap, and gays are great.

Back in the 90's, robots are fucking up the humans, demons are killing people in houses to get rid of Jesus blood, and the question of whether you can speak English, mother fucker, was paramount.

Video games were killing demons in hell, stopping alien invasions from a rip in space, and traversing the far future as a dead vampire who eats souls.

Music was about how everything is fucked, a little kid blowing his head off in school, and being nothing but mammals.

Marilyn Manson writes 25% of all the modern music.
Look it up, its true.
The man is an absolute genius, touched by the other side, and he does what they tell him to do.
> music artists are rarely the actual "artists" who wrote the song

Id rather people not see CW coming.
There's 30,000,000 people in this country who will fight.
And the sides will be clear enough.

Always has been.
Some people in the 80s and 90s were based, but ive noticed a pattern of people consistently having something perfect and then monkeying around with it and fucks it up.
> even the OG Fallout games were not immune to this
> the ammo mechanics in Fallout 1 were broken, and there were actual locations on the map that were broken too, like the followers of the apocalypse.
> Another example is the Single Barrel Shotgun and the Machinegun in Quake 2
Only examples frien'

This, look it up
Thankfully they're dying off, the god of those things is the god of the jews.
And the actual god is killing those things off now.

Attached: this is your warning.jpg (474x297, 7K)

It's called having an amiga, kek

>Board games are better than ever and one of the last havens from the pc bullshit
Gary Gygax is rolling in his grave at your comment.

thats true but fighting the bsod was half the fun

About the tv shows, I agree. Paw Patrol is decent but that American Pokemon thing is easily better.

Im not talking about 12 bit video that just produces 4 channels of each color silly. You dont get the proper shade availability with that.
Parent display should be at least 24 bit for displaying the imagery, but the images stored should be palletized and stored as indexed images.
Even if its a full on fps game with light shading.

This, people dont know WTF they're talking about.
Pen&Paper is dying anyway because of Roll20
Its also dead because except for some holdouts like shadowrun or dark heresy its become too easy to play and the GM has to really go out of their way to kill you.

Old days, you just died, and rolled up a new character. Shit happens.
I didnt appreciate the rolled stats but the 4d6 keep3 was always decent.

Ive thought of a way to bring that stuff back and make the players really have to think about wtf is going on in the setting to solve the problems. But I run out of enthusiasm to write it sometimes
> im calling it d&d 2.75

Attached: f45c51e1ecc6aa9c361db4c8f7297053.jpg (456x750, 57K)

Yeah, it feels weird. I don't think it's that bad but I definitely feel like every content produced in the modern world is so mainstream oriented that it stops having any intelligence whatsoever. The music on the radio is copies upon copies of popular hit songs from the 80s or earlier, movies are plastic and rarely feel authentic.

And when it comes to games, the main problem is, at least with AAA titles, they're all incredibly shallow. Devs have so much technology today and instead of making something truly groundbreaking and inspired, they churn out one template game after another because everything is based on past projections. Who could innovate in such an environment? Of course every game is the same as every other game. This isn't even mentioning all the PC bullshit and the culture around gaming, this is just from the fact that there's no real leader figures anymore with strong vision.

The current state of things almost feels like a Twilight zone episode. Because if you go and actually rewatch movies from the past, replay some old games, listen to old hit songs, you will experience an astonishing amount of just plain authenticity. Yes, there was bad shit. But the amount of good shit was completely disproportionate compared to today. Maybe we just lost our passion to make good art somewhere down the line.

Installing...
Welcome back, Commander.

The simple fact is that every hobby in life has a quality attached to it, and only people who are sophisticated in their views can appreciate the quality. What always happens as the hobby grows and becomes more mainstream is the quality approaches the lowest common denominator.

Movies kinda went there first, because of the wide spread adoption of cinema and TV as well as home theatre. Games kinda came after that, it used to be that gamers were mocked and beaten up for their participation in gaming, but then consoles came along and popularized gaming by allowing it in every living room around the first world.

Along with mass audiences comes appeal to lowest common denominator, that means massively dumbing things down. You see that most on the consoles, the best part of the gaming industry still around today is the indie scene on the PC.

>RPG

Yeah, no. That isn't a boardgame.

Zombiecide, Legendary, Ravingspire, Codenames, Betrayal at House of the Hill, Too Many Bones, Hoplomachus, Flipships, Starrealms, etc.

Wizards of the Coasts is pretty much the only super cancerous thing, but even their adventure board games are solid.

As I stated board games and RPGs are different beasts.

The issue is that art today is Not made by artists.

That is your answer.

It's literally a board game.
You can't prove me wrong either. You are just spouting your retarded opinion in order to save your ego from changing your world view.

That band was actually assembled with the intent to sound like Led Zeppelin.
Yes, they copy Led Zeppelin's sound and they are doing it on purpose. They aren't trying to be original beyond that they write new songs.
Don't try to defend them from what they are trying to be.

It needent be 12bit, for me the sweet spot is 1024-4096 colors in amiga palettes which qre re indexed and with coprocessor sweepsa la Copper , look into all of it because a new-old amiga has become relevant again

>no capability to learn
>didn't so much want
>but it never went anywhere
>didn't think it would have any value
>didn't pursue it
>turned down all other opportunities

Gee.. wonder what the problem is here?

Attached: the spirit of an age.jpg (500x323, 53K)

Not old, but I enjoy it for RP value.

Attached: Zionist end game.png (1043x751, 872K)

Because you've consumed too much of it and now everything seems to be a repetition --- which is true.

Listen, faggot.

RPGS are definitely tabletop games, but they are definitely NOT board games.

Try saying that they are the same thing on /tg/ and see how that works out for you.

Bingo.

Corporations generate content to create larger revenue margins, like EA or Hollywood, when the origins of film and video games were artistic endeavors where men with ideas would embark on seeing their dream created. Now they have inorganic think tanks conjuring up ideas to create profits.

Ignore him. If he’s too mentally handicapped to tell the difference between a board game and a tabletop campaign then he’s a lost cause. Even in the realm of video games he would be retarded to call a game like Morrowind a board game.

Sorry, Monopoly, Snakes and Ladders, these are board games. The complexity of most tabletop games far exceed that of any board game which is why they are classified differently. What he’s doing is basically the equivalent of calling movies visual novels

BSOD is another example friends of shit always having been fucked.
You wouldnt have to deal with drivers at all if the hardware came with a chip embedded on it that contained all the drivers hardcoded.
Its common sense and I shouldnt need a highIQ to point it out.
The damn things should be able to tell the OS how they function and which commands to send to the hardware to make it work.

Also check this out...
How about not coming out with incremental upgrades and instead every 8-10 years you come out with something that absolutely blows everything else out of the water.
So that way you destroy your competition, and you have the bugs all worked out, you have a solid product with very few weaknesses.
> go from laserdisk to cd, but then 10 years later come out with dvd
> thats 1970ish to 1980, then 1988-1990.
> imagine what having DVD would have done to our data storage in 1990

Also stop making products designed to be high-fucking-end only while giving dumbed down shit to consumers. Just sell the same shit to everyone with an averaged priced inbetween.
> mfw in the late 80s a computer... any kind of computer was basically $4000... in 1980s money

True, ill hand you that.
Ive played some beastly board games the last few years.

Never did drugs in my life.
Though id say one thing that happened was in 03-04 I discovered spirituality, became highly psychic, and ate so many redpills im on the bottom of the ocean let alone the bottom of the iceberg.

Attached: 1518204549054.gif (245x230, 871K)

Literally nobody thinks that unless they are retarded.
Zeppelin is objectively good music.
They followed music theory, they were EXTREMELY talented at their instruments, and they tried new things. They fusioned different styles together that other have never before.
They are objectively good. You're probably one of those deaf tone retards that think The Beatles are overrated.

Citation