How long would an insect only diet sustain mankind?

How long would an insect only diet sustain mankind?

Attached: 1515678260694.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYiH_kERGhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

until the insects feed on us

starvation typically takes about 30-40 days

On Earth or on a white-ethnoplanet Mars?
Earth. not long
Mars, long enough

Empty last night's zapper on a plate and find out

I could see this backfiring. Increasing the number of insects could have unforeseen consequences. We are talking about a lot of insects to feed everyone and they are small, can find their way out of poorly maintained captivity and are hard to keep track of.

Fat people can go much, much longer as long as they have water

>We are talking about a lot of insects to feed everyone

curious on the nutrition of that
seems pretty decent

what are the downsides of insect diet

youtube.com/watch?v=cYiH_kERGhw

It's much more efficient form of growing food than any other source of protein. So id say indefinitely.

Not that i would ever subject my self to eating roaches like impoverished niggers.

>

>Empty last night's zapper on a plate and find out
Last spring I got me one of those fan-based bug collectors because mosquitos. I placed it near my garden, and collected shit-tons of insects. I dumped the buggy bastards in my tillapia tank, as extra food. I got much more productivity from my garden and fruit trees due to the reduced caterpillars, etc. The tilapia water flows through some plant beds in a greenhouse, where I grow some more food.

TL;DR: Bugs are a food source, and eternal assholes to plants. So feed the [food for retards] to actual food, and you've got something suitable for consumption.

Pic is one side of my greenhouse aquaponics system.

Attached: ai1NF2m - Imgur.jpg (2560x1920, 1.67M)

insects are going to be a food staple in the coming decades

eating bugs gets your protein needed all the time
its the fat we need, animal fats
calories and protein is easy

fried ants

Attached: 1552110891203.jpg (580x563, 236K)

>ts the fat we need, animal fats
Most of the calories in a bug is fat

This is actually a really cool concept, but I'd opt for catching wild bugs instead of farming, as the insect population in the world is already pretty big.

>inb4 insects have diseases/might not be able to be caught easily enough to provide for a nation

I know, but maybe there will be solutions in the future. One more thing: for all of you amerimutts like me who are sort of grossed out by bugs, I've heard of a thing called 'cricket powder' which is ground up, dried crickets and can be put into breads like flour. While I may not eat the bugs in my yard, I'd totally try something like cricket powder.

That's really cool dude
Neat pic & idea

Are you planning on cannibalizing some Turks or something

Thank you.

> 'cricket powder' which is ground up, dried crickets and can be put into breads like flour. While I may not eat the bugs in my yard, I'd totally try something like cricket powder.
Fish and chickens love crickets. Fish and chickens are more desirable food for humans than are crickets.

My point is that it's not an advancement in humanity to figure out how to feed ourselves with the cheapest resource possible. Advancement is taking that resource and making the most of it by using it as an input to a system of better products. Then streamlining that system to get more quality outputs from a given input. This is important so that our highest level to fall from in an emergency is not already 'famine food'.

This is a point I was trying to make in my previous post. The people in the video had streamlined a system of sending kids to capture insects, while the adults prepared them into meals. If there is a time when those bugs are rare, that food source is gone to those people.

My example of using nuisance bugs as supplementary food for fish (tilipia, which are omnivores, and so easy to feed), which dirty water, which is cleaned by feeding plants, and the absence of those bugs nets more food from my garden and trees, shows that we don't have to reduce our numbers or food quality to increase the earth's carrying capacity. Also, when bugs are less available to me, I still have a garden, fish that will eat plants (and even whole mice), and plants that are growing to feed those fish if needbe.

Attached: tIsNiCK - Imgur.jpg (2560x1920, 1.4M)