*Ices over*

*Ices over*

Heh, nothin personal kid

Attached: 559CCC19-7030-47C2-84B2-758D07291B0F.jpg (668x727, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123
youtu.be/0ppi93kE6vQ
youtu.be/jM3CwBYX-ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they're heated

When will we get a kino about this?

Why are the Japs so inhumane? Letting dozens of survivors die out of pride?

Attached: B63B1418-E8A4-4A07-94E3-41CB04065F15.jpg (676x492, 303K)

*Katanas your pitot heat in half*

Attached: 1B66CC39-8F28-4D05-88B7-D3261E4EF962.jpg (592x906, 259K)

what's going on here?

shitskins crashing planes and blaming it on everyone but themselves

explain

It'not pride its a sense of personal responsibility. They got on the plane, they knew the risks.

ISIS once tried to ransom some Japanese aid workers they captured and Japan basically told them to get fucked. The aid workers knew they were doing something dangerous and it's not the governments job to help them.

Context?

quick rundown?

he's a retard who is reposting f*cebook propaganda from 60s

Please explain?

"PULL UP"
"PULL UP"
*WHOOP WHOOP*

>It’s not the governments job to rescue its own citizens after a plane crash
>“Fuck you, you knew flying was dangerous”

Survivors?

Boeins internet defense force in full damage control and suicide watch

Pitot tubes (the circled instruments) measure airspeed. If they get blocked by ice then they can't provide an accurate reading, the pilot gets bamboozled and crashes this plane, with no survivors.

>Japan Airways jumbo crashes in forest in Japan
>many survivors, but its cold outside
>Japanese rescue can't reach them before its too late and many freeze to death
>refuse help from nearby US military base out of pride

pretty good idea to put them outside the plane then. why not just used a speedometer?

Why is it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

literally shitty maintenance, nothing to do with "inhumanity" pilots were actually really good

What the MAX stand for?

Attached: 5D116E5B-210E-4469-8968-A5BABB53030B.png (1260x712, 1.08M)

No surbibors

Attached: big guy.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

>HELP ME TONY

MAXimum velocity into the ground

Bet it was a boeing LOL

in a car speedometer measures rotations of the wheel, you can make it show bullshit just by replacing tires with a different diameter ones.
this doesn't work in the air so you need to measure speed of "outside" going by you

youtu.be/0ppi93kE6vQ

Pitot tubes are heated, very rare for them to freeze up. And there are always multiple of them.
And there's no way to measure speed of an aircraft besides using the air outside, since that's your only reference point.

what an incredible powerplay. based gooks.

why not just use GPS

t. haile selassie

Because airspeed matters

>And there's no way to measure speed of an aircraft besides using the air outside
My car sat nav can tell how fast I'm going to the closest 1 mph, and it's smaller than my phone.

airspeed =/= ground speed

Nowadays its more of a backup instrument anyways. You get all you need from GPS.

What if they used mirrors aimed at the ground?

It's a big plane.

Based retard.

>pitot heat
u ok?

Why didn't they just roll down a window, put their hands out, and guesstimate the air speed

>crash in forest
>survivors don't build a huge fire to stay warm
wtf

I'll tell what the real problem is. All planes are made to barely work as it is. No one gives a shit about crew or passengers. Unlike military pilots government isn't investing in them, instead they are paying to learn how to fly. So there is no incentive to make survival possible in case of some sort of structural damage. Meanwhile shitton of military aviation land without half of wing or blown up engine on a fucking aircraft carrier.

or just look at the ground and count the speed manually

Huh I always wondered why people have lanyards with this written on them

>destroyed a plane an a field of a random person
>*high fives*

Americans are the worst

You need air speed for actual flying. Speed over ground is only relevant for positioning.

Hypothetically, if your speed over ground is 900, but your air speed is 0 (due to strong tailwind) you are not having any if flow over the wings and thus you drop out of the sky.

Same reason carriers sails into headwind, to increase the speed through air for planes taking off, but your speed over ground is relatively lower.

Why didn't they just fly the eagles to the nearest airport?

TIL

yeah plane manufacturers have no incentive to make sure their planes don't crash

>Off-duty flight attendant Yumi Ochiai, one of the four survivors out of 524 passengers and crew, recounted from her hospital bed that she recalled bright lights and the sound of helicopter rotors shortly after she awoke amid the wreckage, and while she could hear screaming and moaning from other survivors, these sounds gradually died away during the night.

damn

my phone can tell me windspeed, so why cant the planes GPS system?

they relatively don't, same with cars, if everyone else is dying why bother making it safer? it's only statistics, right?

>French crew
The Airbus cope.

you're either fucking retarded or a roastie

>many survivors
They crashed into a forested mountain at like 400mph.
There were probably like 10-20 severely injured survivors (out of fucking 524 on board; they were packed like sardines) who died because the rescue wasn't fast enough

they were 4 survivors total

Laughably untrue. GPS and beacons provide ground speed, which is a different measurement than airspeed, with two completely different functions.

How often do commercial airliners have to refuel in mid-air? It's surely not a big issue.

CONTEXT?

Attached: 09-bond-vs-red-grant.jpg (406x225, 13K)

Pretty much never, that's more for like military stuff
Modern planes on their own fuel supply can pretty much go half the globe

Never. It's too expensive and the logistics would be a nightmare. Not to mention the safety factor, I doubt any airlines would get insurance for that kind of thing.

youtu.be/jM3CwBYX-ms
here

OP pic is just a random picture of pitot tubes - used to determine the speed of the aircraft.

Second pic is from a Japanese flight that downed in the 80s

The pictures are completely unrelated though, the Japan flight didn't go down because of anything to do with pitot tubes. The maintenance guys just did something retarded.
I think OP is just a schizo

>Air France flight 447

>The initial investigation concluded that the aircraft crashed after the airspeed sensors iced over, causing the autopilot to disconnect in the middle of stormy weather. This sparked an unexpected handover of control to the pilots, one of whom was not used to hand-flying at altitude and who reacted incorrectly by pulling the nose of the aircraft upwards.

>The pilot errors ultimately caused the aircraft to enter an aerodynamic stall – where the plane’s weight is no longer supported by the air flowing under the wings – and drop from the sky catastrophically at 11,000 feet per minute.

Why would you fly a plane before learning how to fly a plane?

Also if you are flying against the rotation of the earth you are basically flying backwards

is anyone gonna explain what the fuck you are talking about

Based Memri TV scientist

The japs knew what they were doing
>hey let us help
>ok sure thanks based usa send in troops
>ok that's it taken care of no problem, we installed a new capitalist government and destabilised the forest. btw there was no oil?
>taken care of? Where are the survivors?
>wait this was a rescue mission? What? Oh, no we don't do that sorry.

some luddite faggots think you cant use a GPS to measure how fast a plane is going

best idea i've heard today

Attached: 1534995588948.jpg (525x384, 26K)

Fuck I remember watching that documentary in class a while back, pissed me off so much.
Not only did the copilot pull up the nose, he didn't tell the pilot he was doing it. The pilot was confused as fuck because he couldn't figure out what was happening. They were in freefall and the instruments were going crazy.
If you listen to the recordings, it sounds like he figured out what the copilot was doing right as it was too late

your saying if they were legit they could make the plane out of the same thing they make the black box out of, yeah?

Dumbass
You do use gps on modern planes but all it can tell you is GROUNDSPEED
what is much more relevant information to pilots in flight is AIRSPEED, which is based off of air immediately outside the plane as a reference and can be the difference between life and death at critical points of flight like arrival and departure

It wasn't out of pride dumbass, they feared a Boeing consultant might go with the Americans to the rescue site and try to mess with the future investigation.

GPS measures the movement of the plane relative to the earth. This is almost useless for anything except navigation. Modern commercial jets use GPS and beacons for this positioning data.

Pitot tubes measure static air pressure, so the computer can calculate the dynamic between that and total pressure, so enough lift is being created.

Pitot tubes do NOT do the same thing as GPS, but I doubt you understand how any of it works in the first place, or why planes use both.

Damn, this based shitposter has managed to outthink every Aero Engineer on the planet. I can't believe nobody has ever thought to just bring a phone with GPS on board and do away with all those expensive instruments lol

maximum casualties

Planes have gone to shit since meme-tips were introduced.

[SINK RATE]
[STALL]
[PULL UP]

WOOP WOOP

>t. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

No I'm saying that everything is made to barely work. Just enough to get a job done but nothing else. it's not about materials it's about fail-safes. They could've make planes withstand more but it would cost more and probably they won't be able to transport 400 people at once. Money is everything. As long as they can get away with shitty tin can designs and blame everything on human factor no one is gonna change shit

wut? I'm not a burger, what did she say that at all resembled what I said? Doesn't she wanna ban planes or something?

wtf why did he kept pulling up when there was 58 warnings going "stall"

Attached: giphy2.gif (458x300, 653K)

>Pitot tubes measure static air pressure
You should read and understand the whole wiki article before trying to repeat it.
A pitot tube measures the dynamic pressure, a static port measures the static pressure, the difference gives the air speed. A combination of static/dynamic measuring is a pitot-static or prandtl tube.

>we installed a new capitalist government
get help

Because if you go more nose up you generate more lift

Attached: 1541711620058.jpg (741x568, 73K)

what the fuck is this the original recording? Nobody talks like that.

>Pitot tubes measure static air pressure
>computer
>calculate the dynamic between that and total pressure, so enough lift is being created
wtf is this post

Attached: a.jpg (200x313, 10K)

>and destabilised the forest

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (181x200, 7K)

>Doesn't she wanna ban planes or something?
yeah she's a year zero type

Attached: 1514066758889.jpg (1080x1080, 253K)

to be fair if you're in a panic is enormously counter intuitive to pull on the clochè and incrementally losing altitude

It's French m8

>"bet you i can land this plane with 80+ souls without windows!"
Famous last words

the plane is going too slow for the winds to produce sufficient lift

i understand fuck all about this, but it's basic shit that even a old gta game makes you intuitively understand, you dont pull all the way up cause you'll brick it

It was a joke smart boy I fly planes

>If you listen to the recordings, it sounds like he figured out what the copilot was doing right as it was too late
What was his reaction to this dumbfuck causing his death?

>I'm shitposting with pilots
user, stop pulling up

Attached: DuPDkulVYAAH8PJ2z2.jpg (216x284, 21K)