Sexism and racism aren't legitimate criticisms of works of fiction and women should be banned from posting reviews of...

sexism and racism aren't legitimate criticisms of works of fiction and women should be banned from posting reviews of books because they are stupid cunts.

Attached: 6397fbc5c364d94c49bc69e7c05e8068.png (1000x1200, 1M)

jaj id get

Sexism and racism are legimate ways to critically read a text and women should be able to post book reviews under the protection of free speech.

>Sexism and racism are legimate ways to critically read a text
get fucked

Attached: 1553338307962.png (428x386, 6K)

I still have to find 1 (one) solid review made by a woman that doesn't involve buzzwords, narcissistic horseshit or autistic screeching accompanied by edited GIFs of actors from doctor who. If you happen to find one instance of a woman writing a wholesome review email me.

Yeah, I kinda botched that sentence.
Still, people should be able to read anything they want into a text and if perceived sexism or racism being a part of it bothers them, so be it.
Who gets to decide what criticism is or isn't valid?

>Who gets to decide what criticism is or isn't valid?
for a start it has to actually be about the book and not the joke about jews the main character made which in no way detracts from the story.

and they said it was sexist because some gold digger got all their souls taken at the end.

unlikable female characters = sexist

this is what cat ladies actually believe. not a single discussion of the actual short comings of the book.

Attached: 1553512308164.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

If that's how they want to interpret the text, that's their prerogative. Other people can collectively decide that their opinion is worthless. Market place of ideas blah blah blah.
Is the problem so pervasive that it actually detracts from good discussion?

Women are too stupid to do a lot of things cause they are so sheltered and get white knighted a lot of the time. Then they invade other groups thinking they know how to run things.

>that's their prerogative
yes but can they do it quietly and not rate perfectly good books badly like a butthurt spinster?

>This story had the potential to be good, but it was executed poorly by O'Donnell. Not only are the characters very shallow and hard to be empathetic to, but the author himself comes off as quite racist and certainly sexist.

look at this stupid bitch.

Attached: 7161662.jpg (700x925, 189K)

post moar of this fine jewish lady secimen

Idk, I can dislike a film because I don't like the color scheme. And if I want to make a review detailing why I don't like the color scheme, people can decide for themselves whether it's grating enough to complain about.
People can not like things for reasons other people find petty.

You should be banned as you are a dumb cunt

He's not wrong; if you don't like something, you can speak up about it. That's just uhh....freedom of speech?

>I can dislike a film because I don't like the color scheme
that's something immediately observably within the film itself. in order to get to her level, you need to say you didn't like the color choices because sometimes sexists like those colors.

Cool, sounds like you are intentionally avoiding actually looking for good reviews. Here's a protip: you are a retard to discount 55% of all humans on Earth.

What do you mean? THAT IS PART OF THE STORY IDIOT. What the main character says IS part of the story.

Good thing no one elected you supreme lord of reviews, you suck at it.

those are both discussions of actual short comings of the books. You are just fucking stupid.

>That's just uhh....freedom of speech?
Yeah, that's uhh... like... seriously... I can't even...

Attached: 1551935646119.png (571x618, 53K)

No, they can do it as loudly as they like. They have a voice, same as you, and it's equally as valid as your dumb as fuck opinions too.

It ain't her fault the characters were shallow as fuck.

Yes, and the fact the main character is racist is fucking IMMEDIATELY OBSERVABLE by the fact they MADE A SHITTY JOKE

god you are stupid

It's reality fucko. Everyone has a right to criticize something. The only cancer here is you.

holy shit he comes in swinging calm down

Attached: 1552433548330.png (533x648, 495K)

Hey maybe don't literally dismiss half the fucking world because one woman wrote a review you don't agree with, fuckwit.

Attached: 05977086.jpg (500x529, 85K)

>I don't have any actual argument so I'll just attack you directly

sorry you can't take criticism lmao

Attached: PrxyCwZ.png (610x457, 514K)

all women are property

they don't because my opinion isn't bringing 21st century values to something written in 1912
>It ain't her fault the characters were shallow as fuck.
you haven't even read it

it is sold as a character flaw, but does that extend to the rest of the book and detract from it if one character is supposed to be a racist?

yeah and whether its valuable criticism or not is also an issue

Cool? How does that make the opinion less valid? You do it your way, they do it their way, both are EQUALLY valid. Fuck off with this gatekeeping bullshit.

YOU don't get to decide whether the criticism is valuable to anyone but YOURSELF. That doesn't somehow magically empower you to deny anyone elses criticism.

no one died and made you lord regant of god damn criticism dude

Also, clearly YES, to that woman it DOES detract from the work as a whole if one character is a racist. Who are you to say otherwise?

is this really your hill to die on?
>YOU don't get to decide whether the criticism is valuable to anyone but YOURSELF
that's literally untrue
>That doesn't somehow magically empower you to deny anyone elses criticism.
i'm critiquing other people's criticism so who're you to deny my opinion of other people's reviews?

Attached: 1439298618412.jpg (433x480, 134K)

It is true though. Simply saying "hurr durr it's not true" doesn't make it so. You can't force anyone to give your words any god damn credence; each person for themselves decides which criticisms are valuable to them.

Or can you direct me to the fucking judge that gets to decide this? Who exactly stamps 5/7 on books, retard?

Sure, you are absolutely allowed to criticize her critique. By all means. It's the dumb ass "hurr durr I don't like other peoples opinions so they shouldn't have them" garbage that is stupid and slam dunks you right into the garbage bin.

i can smell your armpits from here you hairy hag

Moot was right, australian posters are the absolute worst. Fuck right off cunt.

Nice bait

wtf are you on about? I just wanted to know who the sexy bitch in that pic was. I wan't to drop my thick load on her face. Been no-fap for 3 weeks now and that's a face I want to drop a fat load on.

i'd write a poem for you but i haven't found anything that rhyms with 'dying alone' or '20 cats' yet

and you'd probably criticize it the wrong way anyway

Attached: 8bb48ba849f21046cc70dc6caff26317.jpg (643x726, 49K)

i would agree but you used an anime picture so go fuck yourself i hope you die in a freak accident but yeah women suck

Nah, you'd just write something god awful and the moment someone said even the smallest slight against it, you'd cry like a baby and demand we change your dipe.

Good to know you are eager to write poems about yourself though. It's best to write what you know, after all.

Attached: 1550114222927.gif (237x222, 768K)

Sometimes people don't want to watch sexist things. And those reviewers are pandering to the audience who wants to be warned about stuff like that. I don't see why it is a problem