Is it possible to get addicted to negative emotions...

is it possible to get addicted to negative emotions? when ever I think about being happy and having friends I am overwhelmed by a sense of great discomfort and whenever see/hear something positive I get annoyed it's like my body can't process any good or positive emotions

Attached: 320a5c7966249262b9653c7bf127c9bf.jpg (800x533, 91K)

I'm like that, I'm addicted to dark things. Sometimes I just listen to gothic ambient music, I love feeling a sense of dread. I can't stand upbeat positive things in life.

>Sometimes I just listen to gothic ambient music, I love feeling a sense of dread. I can't stand upbeat positive things in life.
I know that feel brother

Attached: 49637391_2248634658800597_4067329735810741280_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

it can happen but it's a result of underlying trauma. for example when you think that you or others don't "deserve" good feelings.
also there's self-defeating personality disorder, which is described by the following:
—chooses people and situations that lead to disappointment, failure, or mistreatment even when better options are clearly available
—rejects or renders ineffective the attempts of others to help them
following positive personal events (e.g., new achievement), responds with depression, guilt, or a behavior that produces pain (e.g., an accident)
—incites angry or rejecting responses from others and then feels hurt, defeated, or humiliated (e.g., makes fun of spouse in public, provoking an angry retort, then feels devastated)
—rejects opportunities for pleasure, or is reluctant to acknowledge enjoying themselves (despite having adequate social skills and the capacity for pleasure)
—fails to accomplish tasks crucial to their personal objectives despite having demonstrated ability to do so (e.g., helps fellow students write papers, but is unable to write their own)
—is uninterested in or rejects people who consistently treat them well
—engages in excessive self-sacrifice that is unsolicited by the intended recipients of the sacrifice

all of this fits me to a T

Attached: 1554387720737.jpg (640x696, 56K)

I read that this is usually because of childhood emotional abuse. the other word for this is masochism (not sexual but psychological).
I also read, though it was relevant more to sexual masochism, that usually this pattern is seen in children of very harsh, controlling, criticizing parents, who severely punished their kids, blamed them for everything and lacked empathy. these children start criticizing and putting themselves down:
>Experiencing pain means that the person was already punished and didn’t have to anticipate punishment anymore. For many people, anticipation and imagination can be worse than the real thing. … They can feel safe in giving up control if they can let somebody else have it. What they don't feel safe with is when nobody is in control.
>Some masochists claim that after such an experience of pain and suffering in “safe” environment they can feel cleansed, which indicates deep feeling of guilt. … unrestricted joy would result in some “mistake” or an ill-judged act, and therefore punishment.
and some children start to associate anger, yelling, and even violence with "love", "home" and "closeness" as result.
does this ring a bell?

Can relate a lot

Attached: 35A44F6A-196E-4CFE-A047-AC6713D5F4F4.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I was never abused as a kid my parents were really nice and I have never associated anger with love

Same, I guess I am a very spiteful person

then why do you think you don't deserve good things?
also, were you or your parents religious? were they strict or demanding?

>then why do you think you don't deserve good things
no body deserves anything good or bad
>also, were you or your parents religious? were they strict or demanding?
they are religious but not strict or demanding

>they are religious but not strict or demanding
ok, I'd still advice to analyze it yourself just to be sure. were your parents in general interested in how you felt in different times, in your opinions? were you told to reject pleasures and always give to others?
did you have traumatic experiences otherwise, beside your parents? such as mistreatment, bullying, etc.?
if not, try to understand where your self-defeating pattern stems from. could be you're just chronically depressed.

in any case admittedly I am at a loss of ideas and my armchair level of expertize probably won't help you more.

no they never told me to do any of that real strict stuff they just told me to never lie steal be respectful and stuff like that and I have a few bad memories from my childhood but no really from my parents

ok well see usually they say bad habits are because of trauma, not necessarily parental but it leaves deepest wounds. trauma varies from obvious violence/sexual abuse to very un-obvious, such as being plain misunderstood, neglected, not being seen for who you are or smothered.
this is most common advice you'll see. but anyway, why do you think this happens? are you unhappy with something in your life?

>are you unhappy with something in your life?
yeah everything

eh…
care to elaborate? if you have time

>elaborate
I can't I'd be here all day

I knew I had this problem for a long time. Just don't know what it was called and I really don't care to fix it cause nothing good will come of it now.

Attached: 1552839356858.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)

at least partially? let's say top 3 points that you would want to change.

I relate to almost all of these bullet points. Except for inciting angry responses. I've pissed off a lot of people in my life for going too far to please them by buying them shit or being overly advice giving, then I get mad that they didn't accept that, then I end up alone. I don't know how to stop because I'm obsessed with pleasing people. Maybe I'd make a good whore.

Attached: oh no no no.png (220x220, 55K)

see my responses to user above: . does this fit your childhood?
to add to this, this "pleasing" nature can be ingrained in people from childhood. trying to go out of your way to satisfy/please your parents and abandon your own needs can be the only way for some children to get acceptance from their parents. does this sound any relevant to your childhood?

Thinking about good things reminds you you dont have them

Attached: SUNAI0P1jnI.jpg (639x770, 60K)

This is literally me kek

good take, my friend

the dark things in this world can be addicting, but they are no more or less important than the light

after death all will be experienced in perfect glory, but until then we must be positive for the sake of the material world

Attached: 1541067564864.jpg (723x500, 62K)

You some kind of internet psychologist or something dude? Cuz it seems like you'd make a good one

Attached: 143939377493103.png (558x471, 262K)