Language

can you speak your local dialect Jow Forums ?
And if not, is there a local dialect where you live?

Attached: 1531762491405.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_English
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_English
vocaroo.com/i/s076BNbhdVUu
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_allemand
youtube.com/watch?v=t3FZR0waJFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

>bogan drawl
yes

¿Que?

what's your local dialect?

yes yes hamburger

There are no lots of dialects in Russia. I speak just a casual russian.

Attached: 7776683afc7bd57462c2fef53ca45277.gif (500x517, 871K)

thats kinda weird cuz russia has a very big territory :o
Is it because your government killed the dialects in the past ?

who killed? nowho killed.

Attached: 1554744828612.jpg (1196x753, 255K)

There are only two dialects in America:
Dixie and Yankee. I speak both

Texan

yeah, that's interesting they somehow disappeared, wikipedia might tell you otherwise but practically every ethnic russian from west to east speaks the same language

Wiki says that it's all because of the mass migrations during the XX cent. It seems to be truth. Plus edu system's and mass media's influence

yeah we say "hoagie" instead of "submarine sandwich"

Attached: mhm.jpg (359x347, 39K)

you guys have to agree x)

usually dialects tend to disappear because of centralized power & uniformized entertainment I'd say

what is even a submarine sandwich

Dară

Yes. We say "freeway" instead of "highway" and we say "hella" instead of "hell of a lot".

My local dialect is fucking my cousin does that count t. georgian.

Attached: 1501361478309.gif (480x270, 1.6M)

yes, we say "le dank forced hams" instead of "hamburgers"

Attached: seymour-skinner-5a826fb349702.png (497x588, 254K)

I also speak the local spanish dialect btw

appalachian here

t. y*nkee falseflagger

DIE YOU KRAUT NIGGER YOU WON'T GATHER INFORMATION ON US STRONG INTELECTUALITY STRONG WILLED PEOPLE WE DO NOT FALL FOR SUCH DATAMINING TRICKS FAGGGGGOOOOOOT WE ARE TOO SMART FOR THIS SHIT FOOOOOOL WE BASED ROMANIANS WILL PREVAIL WHILE YOU SUCK OUR DIIIIIICKS

Texan is Dixie

chicanos should be gotten rid of. Spain spanish is the only proper way to speak spanish.
I go to UGA my man

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Go-toubun no Hanayome - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.48_[2019.03.07_16.43.48].png (1280x720, 362K)

There aren't really different dialects here
The northerners say some words differently i guess and where i'm from some words are used weirdly
But nothing significant
I'd say i speak pretty normally

Attached: __iceland_axis_powers_hetalia_drawn_by_hajime_kaniku__7d6fa93369f346986eaa6b6b72fd0169.png (641x1169, 354K)

Oh, didn't realize you were meming, pardon my trespass

Attached: 1529603583886.jpg (409x444, 71K)

CSA did nothing wrong change my mind.

Attached: 1536038003673.png (885x538, 19K)

what's the name of that one?
I'm not sure this is enough to be considered as a dialect ( this maybe more )
weird fetish user
so you say something longer than the original word? it usually works the other way
I don't know what I could do with stupid dialect informations though xD
oh okay, didn't know that ^^ Does it have special words (how many in terms of percentage ?) or is it just the pronounciation?
I can understand that, especially since your country is "small" and isolated, you must probably like talk with people from all around the country on a regular basis, which prevents dialects to appear

based and redpilled

>Does it have special words
southern accent's vocabulary can vary from "fairly standard" to "incomprehensible" depending on where you go. I can't speak for Texans, but around here we have a fair few immigrants and transplants, and we've learned to switch our accent on and off for the most part to accomodate them, as they often can't understand what we say.

Attached: 1526769653832.png (579x585, 14K)

and when you say incomprehensible, do you mean completely different words or just words torn so badly they are hard to understand?

Both
We have crispy critters, also grits, and a hankerin’ to speak looooooowng an’ slowww, with heavy emphasis an’ wi like t’ drop vaaaaww’ls if we’re not draaaaawin’ them out an’ we looooooove awr cunTRAHCshuns

I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKINGGGGGGGG NECK YOU STINKY KRAUT SPY ON AN ANGLO PAYROLL FUCKING NIGGERRRRRRRRRRR

Both. I've lost a lot of the local vocabulary personally, but some easy examples are things like "yonder", "holler", and "ain't" (though this one is obviously famous so doesn't really count any more) which to my knowledge are completely fabricated by our dialect. There's some more obscure ones, like "catawampas", but those have largely been lost except by the older folk.

spy yourself and stop shitting my thread

Attached: 1553930980023.jpg (720x720, 55K)

aren't catawompas the mices that live in the desert? Or I'm mixing it up with rat-something

What does yonder and holler mean?

That guy is located over on yonder, and Imma holler at him to get his attention

submarine sandwiches are just long sandwiches
also called subs for short

catawampas is a big ruckus, often to do with wild animals. Don't know what you're thinkin of.

Also is correct.

:o didn't know it came from that

yeah lol learn something new every day

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_English
not true there are many dialects that are proper

Attached: Variedades_principales_del_español.png (2753x1400, 148K)

my region was occupied by tupi tribes before the colonization, i cant speak tupi, but i can speack the regional nortwestern dialect, oxente!

I'LL SHIT DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT UNTIL YOU FILL UP SO MUCH YOU BURST AND DIEEEEEE YOU STINKY SMELL KRAUT

but as you can read, i still retarded at english

why so much hate, pai?

EL MONKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ONLY SPEAK WHEN SPOKEN TOOOOOOOOOOO MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh that's interesting :o
Does oxente mixes portuguese and tupi?

Yes

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP SITNKY FROG SMELLY KRAUT LIOLOLOLO HE GONNA GET SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what sort of dialect? An arabic dialect or a French+Arabic dialect? (or something else? sorry I don't know that much about Tunisia)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_English

turns out this wikipedia page is pretty good about my accent, all things considered. Only one or two things wrong, (like omitting that we oft completely omit hard consonents at the end of words, like saying "jus" instead of "just" and every similar d or t gets removed.) exceptin the vocabulary, which again, I lack. I did recognize some that I wanted to correct though:

pone - any "easy" bread (biscuit pone is when you make biscuit dough and don't knead it and just pour it into a pan, for example)
cat-head: these are actually cat-head biscuits and the page says they're big but they're actually smaller
holler - like we said earlier. No idea why whoever edited this thought it meant "hollow".
sigogglin - it's actually spelled "side-gogglin", you just don't pronounce the d as strong (like I mentioned above.)

and a couple I wanted to add after thinkin bout it:
polk cat - skunk
ogling - looking at or staring
skeer/skeered - scare/scared

also one more to add because I just said it irl and realized I forgot it: hash-up = shut up

feels like -t or -d removals are petty common in english languages, I've heard it a lot in scotland too

Anyways feel free to continue the thread, I'm going to bed, I'll continue it if it's alive tomorrow

Maybe, I haven't heard it before personally, but it's likely selection bias (not a lot of exposure to places like scotland)

Gn user

In arabic there is a lot of dialects (north africa, egyptian, middle Eastern etc...) Tunisian arabic is north african mixed with french, our sentences are usually shorter

i can speak ebonics and southern redneck pretty well

no no, Oxente is actually an expression, it means something like "ouch" and its application depends of the way it is pronunciated, but thx to your question user, i will try to explain the subject.

The brazilian portuguese have a lot of tupi and guarani words (the two major native ethnicies) and also mixes with words from africans (that came as slaves) and even european countries like spain, france and netherlands who disputed the territory. But brazil is a massive country what never deverloped an unique culture or sence of nation, some expressions and words are so different that sounds like another type of portuguese, if you put a brazilian from an upstate like roraima and another from paraná they will hardly understand each other, despite the fact both speak portuguese.
About my region, the northwest, we have our own culture and way to comunicate, but its also differs state to state and contry-side to urban areas, an exemple is the word "bola-de-gude" (marble ball) in Recife and nearby cities its know as "bola de gude" but if you go to the countryside they will call it "Ximbra" whats a world directelçy derived from the Tupi similar marble ball game, the capital and larger cities receieved more influence from the colonizers and foreigners, this is not the case of rural areas, even the culture differs slighty.

Brazilian history was build in a southeast-centric way, forming large cultural differences among the regions, even today all the major media broadcasts are in the southeast (Globo, SBT, record tv, JV, etc) they bought and sell southeastern culture (nostly rio and são paulo) as the brazilian culture and they still want the rest of us to copy they culture as "the real brazilian one", even Vargas, a former brazilian dictator tried to south-wash the country using media, this still showing results today as sotheastern media mock on other regions dialects and claim they have no accent.

i can give you a quick resume of brazilian regional cultures and stereotypes if you want, since most of foreigners only have knowledge of that the Rio media say its our culture

yo quiero taco hombre

Attached: 93B92C6D-D299-4141-947E-8C92276D2D6C.png (420x248, 118K)

yeah i can speak my local dialect
t. Warsawian

Euskaraz hitz egiten ez dutenak hilko ditugu

Attached: 6C13D28A-4313-460B-8018-14A7DF86E48F.jpg (500x500, 121K)

what is this? spanish thugism?

yea

Spanish is really getting popular in Texas....I havent learned it.

vocaroo.com/i/s076BNbhdVUu

might be catalan or basque

it's really frustrating. The occasional mexican is fine, but they're making ghettos literally everywhere and not assimilating.

IDK what you are talking about I know 3 Mexicans that where such sluts they would fuck a nerd like me

what about jersey

based fellow imperialist

It's Basque.

I forgot all I learned in school and at this point I see no reason whatsoever to relearn it.

Like really it's such a shit language that if I could press a button to be fluent in a language instantly it wouldn't even be in my top 5, and I live in Bilbao.

yeah check this out
AAY OOH PIZZA PASTA FAZOOL GABAGOOL

>Brisbogan
I'm fluent.

moldovanian is an eastern romanian accent and ies ei cin talk wif thish dialict

Yes but i have more of an regional inflexion, not very marked though

Attached: 1527657995914.jpg (1150x1266, 134K)

Yes

that's really interesting, thanks a lot!
I didn't know brazil had such a big difference between north and south
How much of Tupi and Guarani language are still used in everyday life? Is it just some spare words or actually a big part of the vocabulary ? (i guess it depends on the areas)
how would you describe it? is it like mixed with russian?
based basque friend
even though basque isn't a dialect it's a whole different langage
what do you speak? I know germans have very strong langage disparities, but I only know the Bavaria ones

I didn't even understand the first part :o
where are you from?

thats far from based
basque is a pretty interestin language in my opinion, it's sad you don't want to learn it
I didn't know this existed, thanks ^^
is it like from the south/sicilia or from the Alps ?
what is it? I don't know a lot about serbia tbqh

Yeet mah nigga I blow the fire of my locals erday. imma be fittna flip a square n ride wit my niggas to my plug to pickup a zip of gas and holla at the ratchets but if da jump out boys be peepin imma be boostin ya feel me mah nig?

Attached: 06e75ce923b89e9746de35dd34df7ccd1500023b_hq.jpg (500x333, 32K)

cornish and no i cant

oh I like cornish! It's sad that it's kinda dying :x

>what do you speak
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_allemand
It's like Hollandish and English more than High German

technically already died but is being revived

NE england

Oh I see, it's the northern dialect ! thanks ^^
are there still people who have it as a first langage, or is it like Manx and only live through people who learned it afterwards?
between scaotland and wales?

Yeah definitely. Every arab country speaks arabic but the dialects are so different that sometimes it is hard to understand

well it's pretty normal, arabic is spoken in so many places that it's natural for it to evolve in various ways

Oh yeah also some countries in north Africa speak french as a main language, wonder how is French influence that strong?

yeah but east side

I say sub over submarine

colonialism :x
oh yeah sorry I mixed up east and west again T.T

it is ok french man

Attached: happy cute.png (734x765, 743K)

ye

Attached: Dialectos_del_idioma_español_en_Argentina.png (800x1356, 378K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t3FZR0waJFo
Can't really speak it myself.

oh interesting ! I didnt know there were dialects in this part of the world

litoraleño & guaranitico master race
cuyano is nice too

except for guaranitico which is a mix of american natives guarani and spanish (it is also spoke in paraguay and brazil) most of those "dialects" are just accents or vocable

Ja, chan i

CHUCHICHÄSTLI
CCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
CHATZE CHRATZE

Attached: 1552250296944.png (492x482, 358K)

explain yourself

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER