What is some essential "erosion of civilization" kino? Something like Children of Men?

What is some essential "erosion of civilization" kino? Something like Children of Men?

Attached: D4Stx0NWwAAumzf.jpg (811x608, 77K)

That pic is kino as fuck.

Dr Strangelove
Bird Box
Contagion
Up In The Air

a roof burning down isn't the end of the world

your kind is not welcome here

Learn to think outside of ingroups

Joker, come October

Nobody was harmed, none of the interior or any art stored inside was damaged, it's just going to need some exterior rebuilding. It's a tragedy, sure, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been.

surely you mean "repair"?

Attached: 1555380854043.jpg (704x430, 119K)

It's people's reaction to it that bothered some.

Don't worry, it will be rebuild as a Jupiter temple

>an accidental fire destroys part of an old cathedral
>OH NO EUROPE IS LITERALLY DEAD THIS IS THE END OF THE WHITE RACE
Fucking mutts.

pic unrelated

Im native french and i think they should make it into a mosque.
Christianity is simply evil.

Culture changes over time. We can't worship Thor forever

When I was studying to get to the art university (yes, I know) I had this whole spire basically memorized.

If you aren't aware, it was covered in art from top to bottom, a work of fourty-some top tier artists of that time.

Seeing it fall down like, just like that, like a broken toy, it really gave me this weird feeling, like this low-key panic that I never felt before in my life. And I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one.

This is a huge loss.

you're fooling no one mohammad

The repairs were being done on the spire specifically and all the art on it was secured 4 days before the event yesterday. "Only" the structure of the spire fell.
Yeah it's bad, but after all not that bad.

It wasn't a natural change and you ought not to condone genocide

What if they rebuilt it to look the exact same? History value is a meme

Attached: 141-ND-Paris_7380-683x1024.jpg (683x1024, 144K)

>Bird Box
what is this doing in this board??

White people not haven't sex isn't genocide. Someday you have to stop blaming others for all your problems

>dude just rebuild art lmao
yeah let's burn all Van Gogh paintings, who cares we have digital pictures and scans of it so a chink can rebuild it, no value lost am i rite

It matches OPs request and is a decent movie, despite the normie memes and Netflix.

You are adding make believe value to things rather than appreciating art at face value.

this so much, can't wait for Disney to finally remake 2001

t. parisian rich person

Rational people aren't welcome here?

Don't worry, Catholicism is at an all time high in Africa

Cool story

But you are watching a digital copy of the film. That kind of ruins your argument

I think so too
Glad that calmed you down from the ledge

>not seeing 2001 screened in analog 70mm
yikes

the only important building in Europe is the coliseum. the prophecy states that Rome falls when the coliseum falls, and when Rome falls, the world. people think this has already happened but it hasn't, the coliseum still exists.

>the prophecy

who cares about the soulless colosseum

Attached: St Peters Basilica.webm (1200x506, 3M)

all value of art is subjective.

It's hillarious to watch Jow Forums freak out during a "happening"
They expected civil war to come from this

don't shoot the messenger

you couldn't appreciate art's value if it hit you in the face, you savage.

seriously?
god damn i hate Jow Forums so much

Attached: 1420053874461.jpg (306x306, 20K)

I'm absolutely certain 99,99% of Jow Forumsshits have never even seen any art or architecture details from Notre-Dame except those fucking gargoyles from the Disney movie.

Buildings like this cathedral are constantly rebuild. Stone carvings erode and have to be replaced. It's like the ship of Theseus. In the end it doesn't matter if substance gets replaced due to year-long erosion or during larger reconstruction efforts.

Attached: index.jpg (252x200, 12K)

Watching it burn with the tower falling was pretty damn heart breaking in a specific way that I haven't felt before I'll admit.

The Mad Max series.

being old /=/ artistic value

For the last time, that's not how that sign is done.

Not at all, but the roof collapsing was apparently still a sign of "the end of europe" and now biblical end times were just around the corner, people also said this was the EU eroding french identity, and would rebuild the cathedral as a mosque or soulless glass memorial
Yurop has problems for sure but Jow Forums reaches to the point of schizophrenia and beyond

RENT FREE

irrelevant. If you understood what it means then don't complain

It's at least symbolic of the decline of the west.

So the 850 years Rome stood before the Colosseum were just luck then?

>lets continue to waste resources keeping these things looking the way they use too, instead of building new works of art with better material
Plus, the real wonders of the world don't get that kind of attention. That would be removing the past from existence.

>a roof burning down isn't the end of the world

no, it's the end of a country

I believe he's referring to the historical genocide of the Gallic people, e.g. the Gallic wars. I'm sure there are more instances in history.

Hard to not think about the board I regularly shitpost on, user ;^)

>recommending a marvel movie

is it summer already

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (720x696, 56K)

How did this church contribute to 'civilization' in any way?

>literally anything happens anywhere
>REEEEEEEEEEEE Jow Forums
bugman

>they are temporary guest workers
>they are multicultural experiment
>they are refugees
>they are the solution for aging population
what's next on the menu?

That's literally how Jow Forums was freaking out

Let the past die. They should rebuild it, but feature only artists from underrepresented minorities.

which one of those is a marvel movie...

Who gives a fuck you artsy faggot. It didn't affect my life in any way whatsoever so idgaf

Dr. Strangelove?

Is this bait? bretty good if it is

absolutely. Architecture does it for me, but still, Jow Forums was pathetically hilarious yesterday

That's more than relevant and you should accept criticism. It's not our responsibility to try to decipher what you mean.

The Grand Illusion
The Life & Death of Col. Blimp
The Leopard
Dr. Zhivago
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Attached: image.jpg (750x725, 76K)

>Dr Strangelove is my favorite avenger

so... how far in the past exactly can we go here? all the way to the big bang or something?

im not the one who said it, im just relaying the msg. I believe some Roman general made the original quote.

based soulless cultureless emotionally unintelligent subhuman tranny zoomer

It really isn't. Buildings have burnt down in the past

It's the other way around. Its the result of civilization.

calm down, incel

>dude they are just going to redo the art

Attached: Dgn-XJ5VMAEjVxp.jpg (640x360, 32K)

Based buzzword schizo

Lmao he looks like one of the human characters from Thomas the Tank Engine.

which ones?

you just know they're going to put some jewish rectangular cancer ontop of it

varg is such a nigger
>we wuz pagans n shiet

>Feminist fucktard doesn't appreciate art
What a surprise.

>

Attached: Jesus_PaintingNEW_293150090.jpg (864x487, 299K)

Or they'll actually rebuild it since it is the pride of Paris and a huge economical incentive for tourism revenue, calm down

I BET THE FUCKING JEWS DID THIS!

I don't know enough about art conservation to know whether they should or shouldn't, but they definitely should rebuild the structure that was lost. Not as a 1:1 recreation though, something to represent what was a lost using different materials.

The Rover

Macron already said they'll rebuild it with the current "multi cultural" Paris in mind

well hopefully they rebuild it with something fitting then.

>The Life & Death of Col. Blimp
I second this very much

lol you

Gotta have some churches in between the mosques too ;)

Macron is a pedophile.

this but unironically

that tweet was fake

no

Attached: 15110310-357910-9-0-1500380070-1500380072-650-1-1500380072-650-0a4359f5bf-1500391047.jpg (650x407, 125K)

This is the same mentality that enables ISIS to destroy architecture and art from the most ancient civilizations.

okay this one is just fucking retarded, can't be real

>listen and believe
Jow Forums falls for fake tweets and articles all the time

They should get the old bitch who did this to restore the whole thing

Attached: Botched Restoration.jpg (618x434, 122K)