Wait...that whole “tv license” that they got in the uk is true?

Wait...that whole “tv license” that they got in the uk is true?
I thought that shit was a joke,A meme!

Attached: E082E744-E855-40DF-A808-084A8A711892.jpg (400x239, 27K)

it's not just the UK, several countries in the EU have some sort of TV license or registration.

Same shit exists in Germany.
That's why European people are smarter. We don't have to put up with Fox News Bullshit.
Generally, American news programs are like our News for Children. American News outlets need to make money through adds. That means that they don't sell news to viewers but they sell viewers to companies. We pay for our TV program that's why it has quality.

Dumb phoneposter here. They get laughably more aggressive if you completely ignore them. I'll post one of their escalated letters when I get home.

i seriously cannot tell if this is a joke or not

Ich vermisse Deutschland :(

Attached: 7D5C9B8C-7C22-4653-9C53-4C65A2A1C9A8.jpg (260x194, 7K)

Nowadays, it's better to be without television, anyhow.

Attached: george-soros-10.jpg (968x681, 47K)

you know we pay """""competitive""""" tv prices?
like there's a whole industry around cheap tv, but internet has reached a point where you can buy most on demand tv online (and the standard cable package for 15 bucks), without needing to pay the state for TV. although 90% of the time your internet is still your tv cable compסny, so they still make millions.

Attached: 1556289299918.jpg (1059x1324, 572K)

don't buy TV duh

That isn't how these letters work. They're prospective, like spam. They send them to every single address in the country that has no registered loicence.

That's why you guys have great entertainment. That's what competition gets you.
But you have extremely shitty news or any other educational broadcast. BBCs or artes afternoon schedule is comparable to the best documentary of the year in the US.

Attached: B1BAD73C-E3F2-45AE-B333-239DC78638C6.png (640x1136, 48K)

forgot pic, although direct tv has one too, but fucking esbn over the net.

you could say that, but we have NPR, PBS(KERA here, includes some music stuff and additional funding), CSPAN, BBC world, its just our local news (other than KERA and the local NPR station that's in the same building) is laughable crap, I remember seeing my local fox news in those tv compilations where they all say the same thing.
there are complaints for PBS tho, NOVA is crap, look at the religious shilling and the female scientist stuff. but its free.

Attached: 1541434440813.png (875x400, 316K)

Allthough the state collects the funding most European media is so much more independent and diverse in viewpoints.
Companies are more oppressive to media than any European government.

Attached: noam-chomsky-media.jpg (600x400, 27K)

What? You make no sense. Express yourself coherently please.

I'm sorry, your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system.

Attached: 1533883738419.png (1104x616, 556K)

please do.

Overview

Attached: loicence 1.jpg (4034x2155, 1.12M)

In detail 1

Attached: loicence 2.jpg (4056x3040, 1.69M)

Slightly more annoyed

Attached: loicence 3.jpg (3796x3001, 1.47M)

Letters from people called 'enforcement officer'

Attached: loicence 4.jpg (3832x2923, 1.52M)

Obvious scare tactics written all over it
Is this legal?

Pretty hollow, yeah.
It's legal as far as I know. The problem for them however, is that their 'enforcement officers' don't actually have any powers if you decide not to let them in.

they've been doing it since the 70s most people just chuck them in the bin because they're empty threats. waste of tax payer money

I don't pay TV Liceance. Fair enough, I don't watch TV, but even when I did, I never had a liceance. Fuck them. ALL the money goes to the BBC. The organisation also known as Bastards Buggering Children. Remember Sir Jimmie Saville??? Don't give them a fucking penny!

But Attenborough...

The cunt claims to love animals, yet he eats them. He's a fucking moron.

I was mostly referring to television in general...

All television is propaganda. Television = Tel-Lies-Visually. Televised-Sion. BUT, the alt-media online is also owned and controlled by the same fuckers who own and control the mainstream media. There's no based media.

Stop with the drugs and the paranoia will go away.

Weed and beer isn't drugs user...

what % of people actually pay that shit?

BBC is garbage

Better be careful. 3 demerits and you receive a citation. 5 citations, and you're looking at a violation. 4 of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. 2 of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt.

Attached: schrute-screengrab.jpg (940x540, 50K)

PBS is pretty good