SuperTuxKart

Does anyone play this game? Apparently, you can do multiplayer, and create your own racers. and also it's open source, so one should be able to make say, Jow Forums kart, not a mk64 mod this time.

Attached: 800px-Supertuxkart-0.9-screenshot-2.jpg (800x430, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.nyafuu.org/bant/thread/7685249/#7685249
drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9_I70xdZTYfZKi75MRe9l9pk6KDi4Yk/view?usp=drive_open
drive.google.com/file/d/1sD477b83RwVpKMtqRyhTMQyM8u7yg9dT/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=sHFO2FSxg_8
supertuxkart.net/Making_Tracks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kott

Bumping

I'd love to get into this, but I won't have time until mid June.
Anyone know what happened to Jow Forumskart64 files?

Attached: bant_kart.webm (720x480, 1.93M)

scratch that, their racer creation guidelines is so strict that ips (duke, etc..), would not go through normal character/racer submission. the only way to do it is fork, and make own Jow Forums version which is beyond my abilities. In the meantime, i'll make the Jow Forums racers.

Can't wait to see more on it!

Yeah I play it. Controls take a little getting used to but it's fun.

I might still have them in my old laptop. Gimmie a bit to find it...

just played it. the experience is a bit different from mk64. but the network ability and graphics is sure nice.

hopefully soon. though it'll only be racers or maybe levels (non Jow Forums characters like tux, etc, will still be there), i hope someone modifies it, and makes a Jow Forums exclusive version.

as for the files, they need redo as they are intended for low res/pixely renders. you could see on pic related that they have artifacts/errors. works for low res render, but not actual model for a game.

Attached: coverfinal.png (1280x960, 1.97M)

damn dude I love this
are there more models/plans for them?

thanks. currently mk64 has 9 including apu, this 9 will be prioritized first, and will slowly expand to the suggestions made in the link below.

archive.nyafuu.org/bant/thread/7685249/#7685249

cant learn the engine. cant find the time to learn it. i am diverting their suggestion here instead.

Did this just come out? I'm hearing of it all the time.

Is this a troll?

why did a SuperTuxKart thread last linger than a day

oh nvm they're making a Jow Forums version
cool

dont let this die its a nice post on bant for once

thanks but you could just let it be. just really wanted to know how was the game. and i think the one that'll modify it will appear once progress is made(hopefully), which is likely not now.

Couldn't find the files, might be on a USB. Does flipanon have a link to the download?

what file do you mean? raw .blend files or the n64 rom file?

>Jow Forums kart
WHAT

Think the n64 files was what the user meant.

I will make the logo

Checked! Nice nines!

Attached: checkno.jpg (358x344, 30K)

Isn't that that one linux game

if its the link, here..
the links: v1(with apu)
drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9_I70xdZTYfZKi75MRe9l9pk6KDi4Yk/view?usp=drive_open

v2(no apu/has borche)
drive.google.com/file/d/1sD477b83RwVpKMtqRyhTMQyM8u7yg9dT/view?usp=sharing

you are very much welcome. although, just preserve it your done. when the modifier shows up, then it will be used.

it is also available for mac/windows/android

Yes, the one FOSS game someone on Jow Forums always picks as an example to mock the state of (native) video games on Linux.

Good, thanks.

ждy нe дoждycь!

Ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=sHFO2FSxg_8

cancerous bumpbot spotted

What service do you use

archive nyafuu

proxies

How do you get this working?

same

Bump

Attached: cirno_audi_tt_forza_2_touhou_by_de_jay.jpg (600x338, 24K)

Nice nine and render.

>thread still alive
first for bantan. other characters might not follow soon.

Attached: bantan_test.webm (720x480, 1.99M)

cancerous bumpbot spotted

Looking very bant-y

Nice

Reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing.

Pepsibot would make a good kart concept.

j.p. discord mafia thread

How does this handle kart models? Is it like 64 where they're all just the same?

This image is full of soul.

there is more freedom in stk. you can create any kart you want for each character. the problem is thinking a unique kart for each char is difficult, and mostly they all will end up with pipe frame kart like mk64, because i already have the model. in fact if you look at stk kart lineup they are unique to each other.

the only kart that i have idea is Jow Forums plant which would be a wheelbarrow. for the rest, i cant think of anything. maybe Jow Forums plant will end up with pipe frame kart too.

Reminds you of an old render, doesn't it?

Yes, brings me back.

Attached: soul.jpg (1600x800, 303K)

I had no idea that's what HD Toad's Turnpike was supposed to look like

That's Silicon Graphics!

Nice

Attached: 1507417535388.png (420x248, 60K)

Oh fuuuuuuuck this is looking awesome!

Ah. I could draft up some concept sketches if you were willing to try and model them.

that would be nice. pls post it here to have the ref in single place. this is the first 9 karts: cirno, bantan, leaf girl, aussie girl, duke, kot, apu/borche, bear.

Godspeed user

Attached: 1555079472072.webm (640x480, 1.77M)

discord mafia

Will do, but it might take a bit to get it out because I just realized my scanner hasn't been used in a long time and might need repairs.

Nice dub-trips, but no.

How does course building work?

rip. hope it will work out in the end.
though take your time, as it will be only worked on every sundays.

havent look into it yet. but i assume its like kart where you are mostly free to create anything. you can look look into it more here: supertuxkart.net/Making_Tracks

Good stuff.

Bumping again. So, how easy is it to implement powerups?

I see. Is blender a requirement?

when you create a track/level, you'll just add an object and then you just simply set if the thing is a nitro, or a random powerup. this powerup is hardcoded in stk, and you cant implement your own unique powerups unless you dont edit the code.

it would be nice if someone would implement powerups that would be more fitting for Jow Forums kart. say, a random number generator per lap where once you stop the generator, it would identify your nitro counts on that lap, if dubs, even more nitros, and with trips and up, much even more nitros. etc..

Attached: 1558662280345.gif (176x144, 351K)

yes, as the addon which allows exporting your karts/tracks/models only supports blender.

is that only 50 CC? It looks like it's only 50 CC

Attached: birb dog.jpg (750x707, 84K)

How many CC in tux by default?

Aye;

Isn't this a Linux game?

Runs on Windows, too. Probably also OSX.

Bump

second for cirno. definitely need some tweaks, but at least base is done and shows up ingame. until next week again.

i forgot. most likely 50 as its just a test.

theres no cc, as far i can see. difficulty is rated novice, intermediate, expert, supertux. no (visible) cc description.

Attached: jirno_test.jpg (850x704, 164K)

I think her hair needs a bit more definition. When I see most drawings of Cirno, her hair tends to feather around the back of her head: for a similar low-poly example, think Ribbon from Kirby 64. Cirno's hair is shaped a lot like that.

Attached: 1536112247209.png (659x1024, 890K)

yes definitely needs more volume. its literally bantan without the twintails (recycled). it will have to wait for next week though.

Attached: 1543719773774.gif (250x275, 42K)

ribbon seems like to fit the established aesthetic. will base the hair around her.

Attached: oabx3ymySQ1tcmmi9o.gif (400x293, 1.3M)

Great work as standard, Flippy. I'm looking for ideas for Cirno's kart, and have some good ones for Duke already.

Attached: 1547319337964.jpg (1278x959, 387K)

glad to hear that. for cirno, what about snowmobile? or sleigh/sled? though, stk cant handle caterpillar tracks. you could always take a standard vehicle, make it cirno themed.

no, because it's a weird preschool toned down version of mario kart 8

But it's easier to modify

boop

Bumping for interest.

Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?
Name of the anime girl?

(You)

Snowmobile with speed blur to hide the treads would be awesome. I love the idea of something high tech.

The trips have spoken!

Attached: tumblr_inline_n2jon3FlVL1rkplf6.png (400x319, 69K)

kot

borche could drive a rural truck
or it is too big?

Attached: Vdo-Rastrojero-20190128235455.jpg (1024x768, 140K)

more cartoon style

Attached: borche c.png (1920x1080, 85K)

it will be too big if you take that dimension. but if you cartoonize it (stylized dimension, bigger driver seat and smaller front/back), it would be just right.

iirc, stk speed blur will only execute on high speeds, and not on slow speed. you will need to customize the shader for that to happen. it will be very clear that the treads arent working.

why treads wont work. treads will not move if you go manual animation route, as stk only takes 1 frame for straight/normal move (theres no stop animation anyway so the treads will run forever even when stopping if stk will take > 1 frames).
and it wont work if you go let stk handle the wheels as stk ideally needs circle wheels because he just rotates it relative its center. now imagine rotating a non circular wheel.

there might be other way to make it work, but it would be likely a hassle. though neat if one could find an easy alternative. the best we could get as of right now is a cardboard/non moving treads.

tldr, just make all future wheels circular.

How about skis?

skis would work just fine as it has no animations, and it doesnt rotate.

Great, but would it be possible to take the wheel animation and instead put it on a fan propelling said skis?