How many documentaries are there about America's tipping culture?

How many documentaries are there about America's tipping culture?

Attached: k9op60tjuho11.jpg (732x626, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.grubhub.com/essential-guide-to-tipping-your-driver
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None because they forgot to tip the documentary crew.

I paid $16.50 for beef liver with mashed potatoes and bacon. Tipped about 3.50 Am I going to hell?

If I saw that on the wall I would leave the establishment. Shit like that screams passive aggressiveness which would emanate throughout every employee.

Reminder that tipping was a way to pay negroes "fair" wages back during the civil rights era. Black people literally ruined modern America

Got a problem with it, don't patronize places where workers are dependent on tips.

>Establishment expects you to pay their employees' wages and they shame you if you don't
How about you don't hire if you can't afford employees, don't expect me to run your business for you.

>give my employees money so i dont have to
i bet the jews did this

Only for eating bacon filthy goyim

Just spread your business around and never tip ever. Fuck niggers btw.

got a problem with it, don't work at places where they pay you pennies and let you rely on chump change and generosity from others.
also kys

I'm a waiter and that's pretty reasonable. I only get mad about 3$ at 40$+ tickets

You realize they do that so you as a customer aren't paying out the ass for food/drink? Restaurants aren't cheap to run.

Why do Americans accept this?

If I knew I was paying someone's wage ON TOP of my bill I'd be livid

Is it in the law or what?

>Restaurants aren't cheap to run

Don't run one then. Also, curiously, joints like McDonalds are able to run without relying on tips.

Then how come every other country in the world manages without a tipping culture?

a lot of tipping threads tonight all over Jow Forums. strange.

its not required by law or anything but it's considered very disrespectful if you dont

The law is that the owner would have to pay the waiters minimal wage if they don't make enough. However, with tips, waiters can make far more than that, and so it is a system that both waiters and owners want to continue. It is why waiters will shame you for not tipping: Because they want to make a fuckton of money for carrying plates around.

No I meant is it in the law that business owners are forced to do this, or are they all just greedy fucks?

>have the names of people that don't tip in public view
>people don't come back because of it
Amazing business plan, really

What's the minimum wage in the US?

How would they even find out your name?

Most people pay using their credit cards. I know I personally don't walk around with hundreds of dollars of bills in my wallet.

ikr

These guys still spent a lot, why couldn't the owners just take the waiters' wages from that if they are so bothered. Instead they've just lost a lot of income and the staff still aren't getting paid

Varies by state. So in Pennsylvania it is 7.25, but in Oregon it is 10.75.

Clearly you live in a major city

I try to be a tolerant person but American culture is just so despicable in nearly every aspect. Truly glad I don't live there however bad my own country can be

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

How much do I need to tip to get the cute waitress to lick my balls under the table while I eat my well done steak with chips and tomato sauce?

Well sure, and don't get me wrong I'm all for that, but when that business inevitably closes then you won't see the manager taking at least part of the blame, it's always someone else at fault
Talking from experience

i bet you also donate to streamers

Attached: 1560430205018.jpg (328x153, 38K)

If your business is so booming that you can easily turn away customers, why aren't you paying your staff better?

Attached: 1188587862092.jpg (250x316, 12K)

yes, poor mr shekelburg has to foot the bill for all that expensive food you know

cmon be a bro and help him out with his food shopping a bit

It's supposed to be incentive for good service.
Servers in France are fucking trash comparatively, so it works

>if you're getting close to the finish line, why don't you stop and turn around?

>You realize they do that so you as a customer aren't paying out the ass for food/drink?

Attached: 1289185518138.jpg (363x310, 33K)

I think they would be even if you tipped them. Frennchies are nearly as bad as yanks

I tip 3 for 100+ meals but then again I'm not a retarded burger

But then they aren't. What an oddly meaningless argument you've made.

This. I can just imagine the bearded onions cunts and tatted blue hairs staffing this place.

>good service
>US of A
they're either harassing you or ignoring you altogether

Attached: 1550417169047.jpg (433x427, 86K)

If you're paying the tip anyway where the fuck is it saving you money from food you monumental retard?

What the fuck is wrong with americlaps? Are you all just braindead?

Quick rundown on this?

Restaurants and what they stand for are a disease and need to be bankrupted and if that doesn't work, burned to the ground with the "people" still inside.

American employment law is that service staff don’t have to be paid the minimum wage as “tips” top it up. Everywhere else wait staff are normally paid enough to survive. Some cultures see tipping as insulting, such as Japan and Italy

>waitress is slow and they got most of our order wrong and we had to wait 15minutes until they prepared the meal
>don't leave a tip
>get publicly shamed
shouldn't this work backwards? If a restaurant has a lot of bad tippers its staff is doing something wrong and you should avoid the place. This is assuming its in a country with "tipping culture"

imagine having no real life friends and wanting """"""streamer"""""" frineds lmao

for some reason, some retards give money to streamers in exchange for having their name said on stream

fucking hell

Attached: 1484984892140.gif (179x173, 788K)

Waiters and waitresses can be the most entitled pieces of shit. Acting like their job is so hard. Iike to tip at like a small town dinner, not if im in Chicago dealings with faggots.

it should be entirely the customer's choice. I do tip occasionally, if like you say it's a small business. If I've ever felt compelled to do so I won't leave anything

The most bullshit thing about tipping is that they expect you to tip the waiter based on the value of the food. A $20 steak is just as easy to carry as a $5 one. They're just trying to guilt you into tipping more because they know you've got more money. Fuck off, if I'm going to give anyone an extra tip it'll be the fucking chef, because at least his job takes a modicum of effort, and skill. The only reason you have employment is because people enjoy the novelty of having their food carried to them by a waiter. Your job is literally just to smile. If it were just about transporting a plate to a table it'd have been fucking automated by now. If your job is to make me happy, I'll tip you based on how fucking happy you made me, and nothing else. If I enjoyed your service, you'll get a nice tip. If you're a pissy passive-aggressive cunt, you're getting fuck all, and I'm probably never coming back to this establishment again, because you seem like the type of psychopath who'd sabotage somebody's food for not giving into your psychological extortion game. Vote Bernie and get a real minimum wage if you can’t afford to live, it’s not my job to pay you glorified welfare cheques in the form of unearned tips.

yes, I work for shareblue, we're working with an unnamed Dem presidential campaigns to foster class resentment

What he said, but for waiters it is a special lower level, 2.1 dollars per hour or so

Tipping is necessary so that Americans get a consistent experience.

Just like when they go shopping, at the checkout they suddenly have to add a certain amount of taxes, that wasn't included in the labeled prices yet.

And the same when they order food. They might get the 10$ burger and then at the end they can add a bit more on their final tab to make everything feel normal again.

>Just like when they go shopping, at the checkout they suddenly have to add a certain amount of taxes, that wasn't included in the labeled prices yet.

wait no this can't be real OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA

Attached: 1560349237599.jpg (600x467, 48K)

>add sales tax at the till
>it’s a flat tax so adding it to the price on the shelf isn’t feasible
Why do Americans do this retarded bullshit

Why can't American business owners PAY their own FUCKING STAFF?

>they know, shut it down

They probably pay their friends too after a night out.

do people in the US tip at McDonalds too?

yes
last time I went I tipped them my left kidney

why wouldn't we? Do yuropoors tip at McDonalds?

blog.grubhub.com/essential-guide-to-tipping-your-driver
this epitomizes tipping culture

>burgergoy logic

>Im supposed to tip some cunt for bringing food to my table
>Meanhile the cook gets nothing
Americans are retarded

Attached: 1559646842833.png (300x300, 45K)

>he likes having his food carried to him
>can't afford to pay for the service
Don't eat at establishments that have waiters. It really is that simple.

Best first post of the century right here

Fuck you got me there. I wonder how every other country on earth manages to do it

“Pewdiepie etc are really talking to me, specifically, in all their videos”

Any footage of the dude who sent RLM/Pre-Rec like $3k on stream and they didnt even acknowledge it? Its my favorite streamer story.

My bartender only charges me for about a third of the drinks I actually have, so I tip him quite well. One time I was in the bar from 1:30 to 6:30 and my tab had two beers on it. Considering they had taken my keys away and called me a cab, I'm fairly sure that my tab should've been well over 100 bucks and it was under 15.

Do Americans cut foreigners some slack when we don't tip because we don't have their weird tipping culture?

I would just write add me to the wall of fame in the tip space. And get my picture taken next to it when my names on it.

>+tickets
What does this mean?

You can be 100% sure they wouldn't add "DeShawn AiyrJordan DeMichels Tyrone-Islamabad Freeman-Goldberg" to that board if that fine (fine!) melanin enriched gentleman ever graced their unworthy hall.

$40 and above bills.

no. you get prejudged as shitty tippers, and personally, I hate all foreigners so I spit in their food and/or drink.

Attached: sudi-mr-pink-350728122.jpg (1440x898, 200K)

Where did they get the names from?

Attached: images.jpg (640x640, 27K)

>Because they want to make a fuckton of money for carrying plates around.

And not pay taxes on it.

They jack up the prices. Travel more.

You know how doesn't get tips?
Nearly every other fucking profession that exists.
And yet we still manage to do our fucking jobs properly.

>most likely having to answer to shitty and psychotic management all day
>being scared and anxious every second that you will get fired for doing the slightest thing wrong, because you’re disposable and replaceable and thus have no job security
>occasionally dealing with awful customers, harassment, violence
>having to have a long list of tasks to do in a certain order running through your head at all times
>running around all day without being given an opportunity to sit down and/or eat something for 8-10 hours
>if the cook fucks up something you have to deal with it and pay for it, not them
Yeah, I dunno, I’d say servers and bartenders deserve to make decent money. It’s not “difficult” in the sense that you don’t have to do anything insanely complicated, but it’s difficult socially and physically and particularly busy hours can be very stressful. And when it comes to bartenders, if you can’t afford to tip them, why even go out for drinks? You can stay at home with your friends and get a full bottle of Hennessy for the price that you’re paying for three shots of it at a bar. If you’re able to throw money away, you should be able to give some of it to the bartender.
If you don’t have enough respect to look up the basic restaurant etiquette of a country you’re visiting, don’t visit that country. Very simple.

You just described every minimum wage job there is. I'm sure you tip the guy sweeping up at your local grocery store, though.

>If you’re able to throw money away, you should be able to give some of it to the bartender
Wrong, communist.

I'm not going to reward someone for poor life choices by giving them extra cash. Get a loan, another job or ponder how foolish it was to have wasted your time jerking off in school instead of paying attention and ending up with a reasonable salary job. That's my tip.

30k is not a major city

That’s over 20%, you’re fine retard

Maybe restaurants like uhhh shouldnt exist then? We dont need as much as we have

Oy vey goy! Don’t you realize you’re only tipping extra money so you don’t have to pay extra money! It all makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it! So don’t forget to tip your waitress and remember the six gorillion!

Hahaha user do you even know what its like to deal with someone who doesnt like their food hahaha i have a tough job

Seething wagie kitchen worker. I never tip and never will. I love watching the servers face as they take away the bill because the first thing these vultures do is look at the til, ME ME ME they gotta see whats theirs. And its always a big fat goose egg. Fuck restaurant workers if you all starved to death or overdosed id be ecstatic

Based

Friendly reminder the only time you should ever tip is at a restaurant. After work, people who "live" off tips generally talk shop and make fun of people who tip them large amounts for things like getting you a drink.

I wish the government would just come out and outright ban tipping. It is widespread tax evasion. Suprised the IRS hasnt done anything about it.

A lot of people are doing it to pay their way through college, and honestly the social skills that come from a service job will help you out just as much as paying attention in class will. I can tell you as someone who makes hiring decisions that people with book smarts but no social skills are anathema to most employers in this day and age.

>Love the food? Buy meals for our kitchen staff! Only $25!
When and why did this become a thing?

based subway manager

Ahahahahaah. Those people have no right to be in college so ill gladly see them crushed under a mountain of debt