If a person buys a ball and a bat for 1.10 dollars , and the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball...

If a person buys a ball and a bat for 1.10 dollars , and the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball. Then how much does the ball cost

Attached: 1553584067844.jpg (623x528, 37K)

two pennies and a nickel

wait that's seven cents

Wrong

Yeah it is

okay okay, ive thought it over
the ball costs three pennies and one dime

0.5 and 1.05

Attached: 1529097768111.jpg (400x400, 27K)

the life of its maker and its seller as the ball is used for play which is hedonistic since they shove it up their asses

a nicklel

the life of its maker and its seller as the ball is used for play which is hedonistic since they shove it up their asses my dick nigger

the ball costs nothing because he already bought it and therefore the price tag has been removed

Attached: 1545462958364.jpg (325x224, 12K)

No.
Correct
Correct.

If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how much time does it take 100 machines to make 100 minutes

I see

three.
final answer

Correct

>to make 100 minutes
To make 100 widgets

No

it takes 100 widgets worth of time which is 100 minutes

Sorry I mistyped it

5 minutes

Correct

10p obvioisly iddiottt

Attached: 1447217384478.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

5 minutes

trips
noo

If you have a group Lilly of pads that doubles in area every day, and it takes 48 days to cover the lake . At what day will half the lake be covered.

Smart

47 days

Attached: solve it.png (643x460, 110K)

Yep. I'm going to start making the problems up now .
If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to produce 5 machines how much time would it take to produce 32 machines given that you have 4 already

that would be impossible as it is required to have 5 machines to begin the process of machine producing

15 minutes

No
Wrong

it is clearly stated that the process of machine creation requires 5 machines to be in cahoots with each other in a process that takes 5 minutes in order to produce 5 machines
nowhere does it state that a single machine on its own can produce another machine ever
you my friend are a liar and a fraud

each machine makes another machine after 5 minutes? so 4^n=32, n=3, let n be minutes/5
it doesn't state that a single machine on its own CAN'T produce another machine ever

it doesnt state that your mother was raped by me numerous times neither but we all know thats true

can the new machines be donut making machines

Attached: 1555983984256.jpg (462x500, 46K)

wait I'm retarded lole
12.5 minutes

If a machine produces a machine in 5 minutes and you start from 4 then why is it not 15?

but assuming that it takes a full 5 minutes for a machine to be completed it's impossible that you'll ever have 32 machines exact under those conditions. depends on how the machines are made

Because the initial four aren't part of the group that gets produced

No
They are machine making machines

okay but can they perhaps also make donuts simultaneously

huh...
I would never think of that

Sure.
Yeah so it would be 20 minutes because that is the first time it is greater than 32

okay but then what is the machine-to-donut output ratio

The machines take 12 minutes to create 5 donuts and the 3 donuts take 29 minutes to create one Machine. At what point will you have 125 donuts

Also I'm not figuring out the answer to this question because I'm in the middle of fapping

honestly it depends on which filling you plan on using

oh well that answers that question
you think you'll be able to make enough for 125 donuts though

Also you start with one machine
Lol

do I actually rent the machine or do I get it for free

Free

smells like communism
but then if I make 125 donuts and I haven't done any marketing to sell them won't they go stale
I think you're missing a few key steps in your plan

We are a charity trying to feed starving children

What, I never agreed to this
I knew you were luring me into doing something useful you deviant

Gay thread.
Formulate an answer to the Collatz conjecture, Coolsville.

Attached: 1551818607750.jpg (311x300, 22K)

Prove the colatz conjecture

I wrote a paper on it nigga there isn't any

Attached: 1561024203542.png (500x846, 464K)

You proved that it in undecidable?

*It is

no
people have tried that as well but they failed so far

Yeah that's what I thought. I would be surprised if you proved it. Also I think you can get 400 dollars if you do come up with a solution

It seems like it should be solved though.

I don't know what to say man
The statistical analysis says it's probably true
The upper bound for a counterexample is fucking huge
And the total size of possible counterexamples has been reduced to some subset of length 0
But finding a proof is anybody's guess

And regardless of my background I'm still too much of a tard to find a new way in
I've heard mention proving it will likely require some quite new and creative piece of theory

You seem to be enjoying algebra after all.
Are you in college? I went to college but I dropped out for being too much of a brainlet.

Yeah I know
>require some quite new and creative piece of theory
I'm not expecting you to solve it

I'll stick to donuts

Attached: 1555884153748.gif (420x544, 243K)

No I'm not

Toruses

why don't you just study math if you're obsessed enough to keep posting about it
it's basically just puzzle solving for ultra autists

Attached: 1545788665841.png (384x384, 75K)

>I wrote a paper
Did you just scribble your name on a toilet paper? Do share.
No amount of education is going to prepare you for tackling the most difficult problem a mathematician has to face, finding a job after graduation.

Attached: 77b.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Applied mathematicians can become actuaries
I got bad grades because I didn't do any homework even though I always 100% all the tests

test

bat + ball = 1.10

bat = ball +1.00

(ball + 1.00) + ball = 1.10

2ball = .10

Ball = 0.05

Nickel.

Attached: 1562117869353.webm (480x480, 1.4M)