Melancholy

Have you ever experienced this feeling, where nothing is wrong, or at least there is nothing you can complain about, but you can't feel a profound sense of sadness mixed with content?
Like when you got something on your birthday that you've looked forward to for a long time, but then realize that though you are happy and you got it, you can no longer look forward to it?
Or when your life is going well and you're faced with many options to change things around but realize that all of them are things you don't want to do and the way things are is perfect?
I'm feeling it now, mixed in with a touch of sadness. If you're feeling it too, please post on here.

Attached: 1564373376711.jpg (850x963, 146K)

Yep, it's pretty fun feel that comes and goes unpredictably. It's just part of being human isn't it? Enjoy it, it's a pretty feeling

Attached: 1564124741485.png (322x395, 201K)

Can't say I have. I'm a bit of an unfeeling ghost honestly.

>but you can't feel
I meant "but you can't help but feel"

>It's just part of being human isn't it?
I kind of feel bad for feeling this though. I shouldn't complain much. I mean... I almost feel bad for feeling content, if that makes sense.
Maybe what I really need is a hug.

Attached: 2017-07-12-914116-2.png (600x800, 894K)

I do have such feeling. When I am eith friends and family I would be happy to enjoy with them, but it makes me sad that I'm not social as them. They talk a lot about fun and laughable stories. All I do is just sit and listen which makes me a sad that I can't do the same or have similar experience as them.

Attached: 1564128688910.jpg (523x298, 53K)

A hug administered during that feeling would probably feel heavenly, not that I would know. Still, why are you judging your feelings? Isn't it better to just feel? To observe your state? It's one of my favourite things to do - just feeling during one of such episodes. Also, I'm pretty sure every person in existence has felt this, it sounds remarkably close to the suffering stemming from attachment that buddhists talk about

Attached: 1560078840181.jpg (1476x990, 402K)

This is really close to the feeling. To be honest, it's like something is missing.
Maybe all you need is a hug as well. I would hug you user.

Attached: saddening-juice.png (497x480, 218K)

>A hug administered during that feeling would probably feel heavenly, not that I would know
It does.
There was once a girl I knew quite closely that had this look on her face like she was feeling it. So I sat next to her and we just looked at each other, then I hugged her. And you could feel the feeling go away.
I think it's partly about feeling happy but not having people next to you to share it with. And even if you're around people, not being able to bond with them in a way where you're all kind of one group of people experiencing the same thing.
I really miss my frens.

Attached: 1553929022092.png (622x570, 699K)

I'd hug you as well.

Attached: 157853895480.png (600x561, 202K)

Let's hug while experiencing something together, like watching something we haven't watched before or while playing a board game, or something.

Attached: 1534209660719.jpg (1920x2808, 569K)

yeah I wish it would just go away so that I can be truly happy, makes it hard to enjoy things

Th-that would sound great, user. It would be nice to enjoy something with someone you can hug at the same time.

Attached: 155735082595.png (900x1400, 1.26M)

It's sometimes easy to forget that we humans are very huggy things.

i tried to solve this problem all my life desu
i figured out the treatment is isolation/meditation for me but i've been too much of a pussy everytime i tried it for a longer time, so eventually i started doing drugs which solve it temporarily.
LSD works for a long time after the actual trip.

Ah, you're one of those weird kind people aren't you? I wish you more frens fren, confiding in people close to you seems nice.

Attached: 1563511700900.png (940x1100, 43K)

LSD is nice, I like the way it makes me feel

You're just trying to get rid of it aren't you? Meditation probably wouldn't help with that, since it's more of a cultivating acceptance kind of activity

Attached: 1564131346312m.jpg (1024x576, 42K)

I want huggies
I really want one.

Attached: 1557360385694.png (850x1229, 670K)

Drugs only mask problems, allowing them to grow while producing an additional problem.
You're right of course.

i used to just lie in bed and stare at the ceiling for hours figuring out what this feeling actually is and where it comes from. often i found out what causes it, and even if it wasn't yet fixed, i felt an immediate relieve because i knew how to fix it. but it comes back fast. and when i figure out the problem, and it can't be fixed really (like time moving on, change or things someone else does which affect me), i get anxious and can't stop thinking and hoping to find a way to cope with it. it takes some hours, days or even weeks but i'm able to accept them. LSD helped me to even accept or cope with some things permanently. Uppers simply give me the feeling nothing's wrong temporarily, so i don't need to meditate.
currently, i have a more weird, existential problem, basically revolving about endless possibilities and therefore endless existance. and somehow one way of coping with it is to think scientifically and actually hope to one day be able to jump into a black hole as it consumes everything and doesn't let anything out. meaning that i could actually die, i guess.

You have to ground yourself with something real, something you can hold and feel so that you can remember that you are alive.

Seems like you're on the right track though, what with accepting the state and all

ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎

but one day i won't be, and i can't believe that i'm simply gone forever then. what were the chances you were born? it should've been impossible, unless there's an endless amount of possibilities in an endless amount of time. that means everything that can happen, will happen some time, some place! even being born as a being which only feels pain. i like this life right now and wish it would never end, but fear any other possible life to an extreme.
i either wish to be immortal or to be truly gone after death. but right now it seems like i'm doomed to live in this loophole.

We need to get along with hopelessness

Attached: 1546728997398.jpg (4096x2304, 1.29M)

heh
but have you considered, that for every infinite amounts of lifetimes you experience true pain, there is an equal number of infinite lifetimes where you experience true bliss
besides
consciousness is wack
accept your thoughts and the thoughts of all other beings as the meaningless A and B reactions that they are

this user has transcended

based girls last tour poster