Death Wish

Are frequent suicidal thoughts a sign of depression or is there a simply a death wish inherent within the human experience that accounts for these thoughts?

Attached: DDCD6EE7-1BB3-4032-8AD3-866756C7DC1D.jpg (768x576, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvveF4NpLZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=w47UQxld7LM
youtube.com/watch?v=U1p5Xst-uNU
youtube.com/watch?v=mrMLMV6E4CM
youtube.com/watch?v=MN3x-kAbgFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It depends what the fantasy entails, I suppose. I used to daydream about the ideal suicide a lot, but around my mid-twenties, as I learned more about the world and how it works, the thought of suicide became almost unfathomable because it felt like a completely pointless waste of opportunity. I'm not talking about the opportunity to get rich or be president, but the opportunity to just live and experience the wide variety of things that the world has to offer. Most people stay between the lines: they wageslave, they take generic tourist trips to the more generic places in the most generic countries. That's the cautious, conservative side of us. But the realization I had is that consciousness is such an incredibly interesting thing to have.

Compare idealization of martyrdom, jihad, dying in battle, Valhalla. Or even human sacrifice in ancient civs, people buried alive with dead kings etc etc.

Objectively the result is the same, death

Death is the futile end of being human.

Doing something with your life to get to that death is the only "hope" a human has to be valued outside of that futility.

Without this hope or goal, mission/aim the futility sinks in and the kys thought provides a logical acceleration of death.

After you submit to Christ and achieve peace (absense of war) with God, then suicidal thoughts are impossible. Hope you ask Christ fir help before you do it fren.

That’s an interesting answer.

I’m in my late 20s and I’m starting to feel like I’ve seen everything that I want to see. Everything just seems very mundane to me. And of course, even if there was more interest in life, the workweek is so long and doesn’t leave much time or energy behind. It seems like my friends and family, when they’re off, they spend all their time talking about their work/school lives. It just takes over everything. Any real human identity other than the utilitarian worklife seems to be nearly nonexistent in my world. Maybe that’s the problem. I’m tempted to quit everything and grab a backpack some fishing gear to go live as a homeless hermit for awhile. I don’t know. I don’t have kids or anything. I’m seriously thinking about taking a little walk for a year or two.

Either way, I’d love to hear more about your perspective.

In my perspective, the thought of human life being reduced to utility seems like a much more compelling reason to kill one’s self than the perception of futility. But I have heard this before from people who grew up believing in an objective reality with an objective purpose. I guess the internal psychology rigs up different excuses to keep going. It’s interesting because worms and flies don’t need to convince themselves to live. More complex birds and mammals with our big brains will beach ourselves if we can’t fool ourselves into continuing to live. In my case, I’m just hanging on while my Mom’s still alive. Beyond that, I don’t tell myself any comforting lies to keep motivated to live. Don’t get me wrong. I meditate and pray and stuff like that to cope with stuff; but I don’t invent comprehensives narratives to motivate myself to worship my own existence.

I mean, if Christ wants to talk, I’m all ears.

Agreed. Put it into whatever context you need, such as or Jihad or veganism or activism or whatever. But the point is that the only redemption is to seek a genuine experience and understanding of the world.

>everything seems very mundane to me
I know what you're talking about. And I can say with confidence that the reason it seems that way is because you're doing what social forces are pressuring you to do. Maybe it's subtle, maybe it's not. But I think you make choices every day to play it safe rather than risk mistakes.
>the work week
I know. I work shift work. Anywhere between 60 and 120 hours away from home per week. It will crush your soul to the point that, when I AM at home for those precious hours, I drink, watch youtube, and shitpost. But under the surface, there are long term plans to get out of this place in a relatively short time frame.
>taking a little walk for a year or two
That's where I'm at. Four years ago, I went hitchhiking and backpacking. Came back, worked a little more. The year after, I drove across the western US, camping, drinking, whatever. I'm not shopping for remote property to purchase in the spring and, over 5-10 years, develop it into an independent homestead.

Pause for a minute as ask yourself if you turned sixty and looked back, how likely are you to regret your adventures, and how likely are you to regret your wageslavery?

>I’m in my late 20s and I’m starting to feel like I’ve seen everything that I want to see.
I began to feel the same way after 24 or so. The exception is that I didn't feel like I had seen everything I want to see, but everything there IS to see. I got it. Life. I had already mentally gone through my parents death, and my own too. I understood the absolute conceptual limits in which the experience of life exists. Even if i hadn't experienced it all, I could picture it all. Everything in between now and death is just boring waiting. Most days I feel like I could drop dead from heart attack at any given moment. It's not the death I fear, but the uncertainty. How do you cope with the unexpectedness of death?

At the very least, I hope you understand that if you feel like you have seen all you want to see, it's not the world that is imposing limits on you, it's your desires that are imposing limits on the world. In a healthy state of mind and body there is no limit to the bliss and novelty available in each passing moment. So more than anything else, it's a mental problem than an existential problem.

Sorry if incoherent, getting drunk to escape my own misery at the moment.

Christ talks all the time. Christ is the eternal Truth. You know what meditation is? It's listening to God. People think you need to pray in order to be in interaction with God. But prayer is only you talking with God. If you want to hear what God has to say, you have to shut up and listen. You will not hear it with your ears. You will hear it with your whole being.

I can't remember who famous philosopher said:
>the first sign of becoming aware is a wish to die

Probably Nietzsche

BINGO

as well, the "voice" urging you to off yourself is not the Christ.
learn to discern then cast out!

I am God.
>How so?
Every time I prayed to God, I found out I was talking to myself.

You might as well say that every time you are talking to your best friend you are also talking to yourself. If it feels like you are talking to yourself, it doesn't mean no one else is listening to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvveF4NpLZ0

>2019
>listening to music

That's nuclear metal.

No, it's degenerate faggotry.

Thanks for your input.

“How do you cope with the unexpectedness of death?”

I’m not sure that I am fully understanding your question. I expect to die someday so I don’t don’t think of death as having an unexpected nature to it.

I know people who claim that they don’t like to think about death. I know people who seem to pretend that they won’t die. I don’t really have insight on that perspective because it’s very foreign to me.

If you are asking how one copes with the uncertainty of when we will die, is it this year or in 50 years, kind of thing, that’s a more interesting question.

I struggle with that a bit. I wish I knew exactly how much longer I have to exist so I could plan accordingly. The poor guy who works hard for 40 or 50 years nonstop to retire that dies on the first day of his retirement is a horror story.

Of course, I would tend to think that after 40 to 50 years of genuine hard work there probably isn’t going to be much humanity left in the shriveled up shell of what was once human for a truly “happy” retirement.

Pretty based answer.
As such, I shall reward you by telling that the evil in you needs to be in balance with the good in you. If you try to suppress the evil, it's like trying to suppress or compress water. Uncompressable. Trouble follows.
If and when the good and the evil are balanced and works in sync, ie, you accept all that you really are, you can find try answer directly from the higher ups.

*true answers

It's inherent with living a lifestyle that's completely alien to human experience. There's zero fucking point or purpose served by slaving away at some shit job for 60 years only to still die childless & alone because there's zero guarantee of acquiring a worthwhile mate.

Don't worry OP. That's just you coming to the realization you are a mutt breed of impure blood and will never be truly white.

Please kill yourself, like the subhuman mongoloid you are.

Can’t argue with that.

Dont let your suicide go to waste op

Attached: gore russian school shooter suicide 2.jpg (720x1280, 100K)

>I expect to die someday so I don’t don’t think of death as having an unexpected nature to it.
You expect to die someday, but do you expect to die right now? It's likely. It's possible. You defy all odds by continuing to live. imagine what a heart attack feels like. Have you ever done this? One moment you are minding your own business, then suddenly a deep, thorough pain in your chest overcomes your awareness. With any luck, ten seconds later you loose your consciousness.

>I struggle with that a bit. I wish I knew exactly how much longer I have to exist so I could plan accordingly.
Do you feel it'd be easier to know or not know the moment you'd die? If I were given the chance, I'd pick knowledge of the exact time over everything else. Then I could do whatever I'd do with zero worry that I'm going to shorten my lifespan.
I agree with the general sentiment behind your message.

Fascinating how far the brain ended up from the body.

It clearly slid out & across the floor.

I've had massive depression for over a decade (and have refused medication since the beginning) and suicide has nothing to do with it. People get confused about what depression is or what it can be, and think it makes you sit and cry all day and be sad. I'm not sad, I'm not happy, I'm not anything at all. I wouldn't bother killing myself because there's nothing there to kill.

I can understand someone doing it, but it has no place in my mind. It's either a void here or a void there and I'll get there naturally eventually, there's no reason to rush what is already inevitable.

Attached: atywJhl.png (371x349, 217K)

death wish come from not being happy with your life. I know, no happy man would think about it when he has friends, family and is in a good life situation.
Those rich famous people who killed themselves usually are not more average than your average guy, except for whatever special talent they may have, who turned their existence to the hedonistic path

Attached: 1565203863417.jpg (2048x1536, 416K)

>I agree with the general sentiment behind your message.
I'm just saying that it takes more than just mumbling to yourself.
Holier than thou people, without actual substance, is a pittyful sight to behold.
You should first walk the walk yourself. THEN talk to others about it. If they ask.

Remember Jeanne D'arc.
youtube.com/watch?v=w47UQxld7LM

See I’m no mental health expert,

and I’ve never seen a psychiatrist.

I’m just having this feel that consciousness is just incredibly uninteresting.

Life just seems like a boring movie that won’t end.

yes

I have family and friends. Whether my situation is “good” is subjective. But compared to most people in this world, my situation isn’t that bad. I don’t see your point.

Only if your world view lends itself to something ultimately meaningless or "existential" to the point that not existing has weight behind it as far as 'options' are concerned.
In America,suicide rates among any racial, class, and gender group, under the age of 25, are currently at the highest theyve ever been in recorded history. Adults over 25 of those same groups are at their lowest.
I blame the "Left" and their Intelligence Media for being successful with their propaganda concerning teens and young adults, as well as their arrogance and sloppiness that exposed them to us adults over 25 yrs old, and the very likely consequential reforms and regulations to come over the next 5 years in an attempt prevent the former from happening again.

Could you elaborate more on your rationalization of the increasing suicide rate?

But OP's question, that the correct answer is:
>suicidal thoughts are perfectly normal.
Literally everyone haves them. Almost on a daily basis.
You don't have them, when you are thriving, things are rolling, but it's there in the undercurrent of each and everyone of us.

Just get to be comfy with the idea, swim in it, self pitty is a very warm and soft place. Romantic.
Great things comes out of it. Like poems that are remembered hundreds, if not, thousands of years. Not a single great poem, or song, have ever come into existence without taking a dive to the deep end.

It's depression, be careful the words you tell yourself, they're more potent that the words people say to you.

>>literally everyone has them

No user, you're fucking projecting. I've only had suicidal thoughts when I wanted to kill myself, because of deep seated hatred of myself aka depression.

No, user, I am growing up.
>But you didn't kill yourself.
Now, you should write a poem about it. Women fucking loves les miserables, you know.

I've been suicidal for many years of my life (one attempt).
Now I just don't care anymore and I live to see if the world will burn, living day by day.

Have you enjoyed it?
I enjoy my moodyness. When going up, when going down. And when spending time in each.

Time for heavenly thoughts, time for hellish thoughts. Times for love, times for hate.
It really is, what we are made.

youtube.com/watch?v=U1p5Xst-uNU

Enjoying? I don't know. I just go on, knowing that the inevitable next bad thing is going to happen to me no matter what I do.
So I basically stopped caring.
I used to cry a lot, not anymore.

Chin against the chest and towards new disappointments?
:)
Like we finns say.
You should examine what's the ACTUAL cause?
It could be wrong food you eat, what makes you feel that way. Then you simply take the blame for no reason. Try different diet.
If that doesn't work, I suggest taking GBD oil.
GBD oil, without THC, takes the edge off. Natural balancer.
Cheer up. We all die in the end, anyway.

No dude, simply shit beyond my control keep happening. So I stopped being anxious and scared all the time and just let it flow.
Meanwhile, I laugh whenever shit goes down - shootings, wars, mass hysteria, you name it. I laugh whan I watch the (((news))).
I know I should not indulge in this because there's people who care about me and love me who have no idea I'd be glad to see the world burn, but it's just the way I feel right now.

Well. It's alright.
Humor is essential in good times and in the bad times. Without humor, one is actually dead.

Here in Finland, once there was a couple who never actually talked about anything. Wife nagged at times and the man didn't say a word. One night, the woman was sleeping. The man wanted to tell her how he felt. So he took his shotgun and blew his jew out. His wife woke up that and started to scream when seeing her husband without a jaw. Then the man blew his brains out. That showed her.

*jaw out

for some reason, many young here men laughs at almost in tears for this story. Can't quit laughing.

If I had a gun 20 years ago I wouldn't be here today t b h
I made a poor attempt, I was very young.
Well I guess I always have time to try and apply for a gun license now, lmao.

Me thinks, you've been mistreated.
Probably you are surrounded by narcissists.
If that's the case, you should abandon everyone of them. It won't be easy and you won't heal any time soon, but, that' the right path. It's a challenge. Failure is not a big deal. Seek Father.

Attached: imptrash.png (714x1048, 170K)

>Probably you are surrounded by narcissists.

My mother is a pathological narcissist (never diagnosed).
I've seen her last time several years ago.

Just leave them. Don't say a word to them. Walk out. No explanations, no excuses, no looking back and definitely no turning back.

every poldditor should kill themselves, you people pollute earth

So I got it right.
Bad news, you won't heal from this.
Good news is, that you understand the world better than the 98% of the population.

I definitely did.
I enjoyed the chatting, gotta go home to my husband now.
Cheers finnbro!

Same to you sis.

youtube.com/watch?v=mrMLMV6E4CM

unexpectedness of death is blessing and curse at once it can give you the idc car can run over me tomorrow so why not risk and enjoy things today attitude which can be very freeing honestly. also accepting death as part of life is sign of adulthood

knowing exact time of death would make make you worried about how much time you have wasted and how little time you have left.
imagine that you found out you are going to die in 2 weeks what would you do? also finding this out would prove fate to be true which would mean you cant even make decision by yourself which is depressing af

unexpectedness of death is blessing and curse at once it can give you the idc car can run over me tomorrow so why not risk and enjoy things today attitude which can be very freeing honestly. also accepting death as part of life is sign of adulthood

Time is never wasted. For Your Information. All time is always well spent.

youtube.com/watch?v=MN3x-kAbgFU

No, all time is spent. Time does not judge.

No contradiction here. We've got an inbuilt death wish which kicks in when we're sufficiently damaged and it manifests as depression (among other ways) to decrease the chance of reproduction for such an individual.