Is it ok to criticize/be angry at our parents?

While I'm grateful that my parents genuinely tried their best (plenty of parents who hate their kid) but to be blunt I dont think their best is good enough.

I can't help but get mad at how close minded, weak and incompetent they are sometimes. The person who taught me how to be a good person and the value of hard work, is at the same time a paranoid coward, spends frugally saved money inefficiently, weak and stupid.

They seemed perfect and know it all when I was young but looking back it was realised that there wasnt really much to learn from my parents apart from their work ethic. They work hard but they're poor, dumb, boring and weak. I hate the fact that I cant hate them because they genuinely tried their best to take care of their kids - it's just that their best is simply not fucking good enough

They're also the reason why I think incompetent people shouldn't have kids. Am I an asshole for thinking like this /biz?

Attached: images.png (428x344, 14K)

Nah I feel the same way desu

Its not okay to be angry at them, but 100% agree. Reasons why i wouldnt even think of having kids till i make it

No you guys are just assholes. You have no idea how hard it is to work 50 hours a week and be a slave in your own household taking care of yourself as well as your ungrateful children.
Sure, as a basement dweller it's easy to think about how easy it was to make bank investing their 10k savings in btc back in 2010. But they did not have the time to be NEET, because they were investing their time and money wageslaving away for their partners, household and children.

Yeah you're an asshole, even with those digits. Be thankful you even had parents, or parents who aren't drug addicts

speak for yourself.
my parents never really taught me anything or worth.

yeah this is the reason i get angry at my brother with downs. he can't help it and always tries his best, but holy shit he sucks at nearly everything. pisses me the fuck off

you have literally no ground to stand on judging your parents if you don't also have a family though

were your parents boomers?
nobody blames them for trying and failing. they get blamed for pretending no one would know

just think how much they hard-worked for you to complain. if you didnt noticed as a kid, that's a sign they did something right. and if you're smarter than them, then you should be grateful they gave you the opportunity of having a decent education and developing.
if you make it, don't forget to help them. family is everything.

Won't say whether or not that's moral or not, but your opinion is valid.

Imo I wish my parents coulda taught me better but I don't hate them nor do I resent them for it

he has a point, people shouldn't have kids until they are financially ready for it. Its just irresponsible. Unless you were a mistake, and then still, they are irresponsible. I don't understand peoples logic in herm "you should be grateful for having parents" Fuck off.

Bottom line if your parents aren't successful by now and your old enough to post on this board they are irresponsible retards. I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise.

No, you're not an asshole. You have the right to think that but don't think everyone feels the same way you do.

Attached: 1519414213147.jpg (905x1324, 209K)

Nah, I think you're pretty on point actually. Your parents definitely shouldn't have had kids.

Attached: People_Have_It_Worse_Than_You_SMBC (1).gif (576x2734, 213K)

I hate a part of them but I'll still work harder (and smarter) to give them a comfy retirement - theyre still my parents and I have the responsibility to provide as their child.

I just hope I can be critical with myself to know if I deserve to have a kid when the time comes

thanks guys feeling down today and needed somebody to talk to. My opinion is kinda taboo so didnt want to talk to my friend about it.

Nice trips.

I don't know enough about your particular situation or your specific parents to say whether you are justified in criticizing or being angry at them, but generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with criticizing or faulting parents. They are human and subject to fault just like everyone else. You don't magically become a perfect, infallible being just because you produce a child. There are good and bad parents, as well as effective and ineffective parenting techniques. It's perfectly possible to be a "bad" parent and to do a bad or ineffective job at parenting your children

Yes they were boomers. Never made it up to the 'chad' levels of succes that this board keep guzzling on about. Just hard workers, probably could have done a better job raising their kids. They saved up few hundred K + a house, but hung onto it and all of their kids still have a hefty study debt.

Dunno, I still feel they did a fine job. Expecting them to be perfect is totally whack imo.

My guess, but could be wrong, that the people who blame their parents haven't worked to attain their own successful households for even 5 years yet.

liking somebody isnt always about success and ability. in fact it usually isnt.
a successful person who is an asshole is still an asshole.

Yes, they changed their ambitions to support your ungrateful self

>i dont think ma parents' best is good enough
Holy Shit Dat Entitlement

Please never breed

Attached: 282.png (200x150, 38K)

Sure if your parents are just assholes then that's what it is (unfortunately).

My first reaction was to OP after he calls his parents close-minded, weak and stupid. Like he feels they should have worked harder/smarter. But if they tried to the best of their ability, I don't think it's fair to blame them. (And in case he is not yet a working adult, it's really impossible to know how bad the burden of every day working life can be.)

you're right, I'm being too harsh. Theyre probably depressed about their situation too but is too old/ losing the drive to change due to age.

Maybe I've subconsciously been disatisfied for years and now everything is coming together and blowing up.

It's funny how extreme my dad's personality can get too - alpha in some niche aspects but absolutely weak minded and cowardly in others. Mom's the same. Probably because both had no fatherly figure either.

>absolutely weak minded and cowardly in others. Mom's the same.
probably due the years of dealing with disappointing children

checked and I feel the same way exactly, you couldn't have put it better.
I have a love/hate relationship with my parents, I try to be nice and empathetic but I can't help becoming annoyed and angry at them for stupid shit they are doing. If they were friends, I would have abandoned them long time ago, but I just can't bring myself to cut contact completely because they ARE after all my parents who I know care deeply about me despite their shortcomings. It's a shitty situation.

Attached: 1478726293333.jpg (300x300, 16K)

it sounds like they taught you more than you realize. forgive and help them. learn non violent communication. it's the only effective way to communicate with wageslaves.

But the thing is there are more successful parents and less successful ones, just because they worked hard doesn't mean they are free from criticism. I know it sounds cold but that's the reality and you have to deal with it. I really don't understand people who defend their parents so vehemently (unless of course there is a reason for that - maybe they are genuinely great) but let's be real most parents out there are dumb fucks.

empathy should comes naturally in healthy relationships. what you're dealing with is codependency. most likely from hypocritical parents like everyone else. You will suffer from this later in life if you don't locate and nuke the thought patterns that cause the irritability.

Theres nuances to everyones interactions which we don't know about, so it's hard to have this conversation. But I think many people, especially family, can be too critical. Love them, but also let them live life the way they choose. Don't love them only under your conditions. Everyone is their own person.

One of my brother is getting into early midlife crisis where he is super critical of his family members. Like he's the one to dictate how we should be interacting with eachother.
Be sure not to be 'that' guy.

It's worse than if they hadn't tried their best. My parents are relatively educated and middle-class financially, but they are legitimately horrible people. I wish I had poor "simple" parents because I myself happen to be intelligent so it wouldn't have affected my prospects much. It's the sociopaths that bring you down.

Mate I'm already suffering from this. How do I break free?

I'm definitely trying not to be that guy even though I often feel the urge to expose them.

>No you guys are just assholes. You have no idea how hard it is to work 50 hours a week and be a slave in your own household taking care of yourself as well as your ungrateful children.
who forced those retards to have children anyway ?
>be a 9 to 5 miserable wageslave
>my life is shit and full of suffering
>Let's keep the slave conveyor going and shit out someone into this shit world against their will, so they could suffer as much as we do
Stupid fucking breeders. No wonder they're wagecucks

hard working parents who want to give their children the best in life
> "retards who shouldn't have had children"

Basically what you are saying:
wahh wahh I was born so I am entitled to millionaire parents who never work and raise me with didactic perfection.
Naive kid, keep thinking about how easy life is until you have to get out of that basement.