Jow Forums, is there more to life? Why are we conscious as life forms at this specific point in time? I mean...

Jow Forums, is there more to life? Why are we conscious as life forms at this specific point in time? I mean, we have recorded history but we’re actively moving into the future. Why at this point?

Attached: EFCEEFC0-64A1-416B-9921-AE452FCF244F.jpg (1242x1178, 749K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=01hbkh4hXEk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8
2045.com
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4747174/amp/Transhumanism-lead-immortality-elite.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096393/The-rich-God-like-cyborgs-Historian-claims-wealthy-transform-new-type-human-200-years.html
amazon.co.uk/Myth-Sisyphus-Essays-Vintage-International/dp/0679733736
newscientist.com/article/dn22028-computer-that-could-outlive-the-universe-a-step-closer/amp/
artselectronic.wordpress.com/2017/03/10/from-paper-to-the-lab-a-space-time-crystal-computer-that-can-outlive-the-universe/amp/?source=images
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cuz why not bro

Attached: 1513102647630.gif (237x240, 3.23M)

what the FUCK is that pic

Don't you dare pollute wojack with your text on top of image normalfag "free online meme generator" bullshit...Shame on you, op. Go back to Fakebook.

Life is suffering. Even the rich can't escape from it. Wealth is only a distraction from how shitty life actually is. Death is the only true escape.

When true full immersion VR there'll be another true escape. Until then, yeah.

Babby's first existential crisis

Attached: 1515527058022.png (804x743, 11K)

It will just be another distraction. You'll still exist as a human outside of the VR world.

Until memories can be erased. Imagine tried everything and having to live through those experiences over and over again without the ability to forget them. Or you could eat mushrooms or whatever and realize that this already might be happening.

Ever since I starting taking LSD last year, I’ve been having thoughts like this the majority of the time

Actually life and existence will be pure bliss for the wealthy once they become immortal gods through brain/mind uploading.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=01hbkh4hXEk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8

2045.com

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4747174/amp/Transhumanism-lead-immortality-elite.html

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096393/The-rich-God-like-cyborgs-Historian-claims-wealthy-transform-new-type-human-200-years.html

Attached: 1_PkkvSYQNBL9D2PfcZWL8_A.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

Humans are Containers.
You are, what's in the container.
People die and live again 250 years later.
It's basicly Consciousness trying to understand, wtf is going on in physical space.
You are here because you chose to be here.

Why would you even want to be immortal? Life is already way too long as it is. I think humans got a lot more enjoyment out of life when we lived as hunter gatherers and the life expectancy was 30.

To enjoy your wealth and power eternally. Why the hell would anyone want to fucking die?

There is no soul and there is no afterlife. Thus self-preservation is the only rational outcome.

You won't care though.

hunting and gathering
>tfw I can hunt and gather in a video game and not have to worry about actually dying irl

amazon.co.uk/Myth-Sisyphus-Essays-Vintage-International/dp/0679733736

Read this then come back

Attached: download.jpg (201x251, 5K)

The struggle for survival is what makes life worth living. Without that, what's the point?

Or the only irrational one, really, wanting to preserve yourself when it's impossible to do so perpetually given that entropy is a thing. I know the only reason I haven't killed myself is that your body panics and stops when you are a few seconds away from jumping, it's very hard to get over that. Rationality is a post-facto justification for that gut reaction The mind starts filling itself with images of eternal suffering, of bungling the suicide and being paralyzed for life. There is nothing bad about nothingness, rationally speaking, really, you were fine before being born and you are fine when you are unconscious when you sleep, and most people who have had a clinical death and managed to come back reported it as not even noticing it or being pleasant.

>bungling the suicide and being paralyzed for life
Couldn't you just try it again then? The chance of failing a suicide twice is probably nearly impossible.

There are actually loopholes in every laws including that of entropy and the heat death of the universe.

newscientist.com/article/dn22028-computer-that-could-outlive-the-universe-a-step-closer/amp/

artselectronic.wordpress.com/2017/03/10/from-paper-to-the-lab-a-space-time-crystal-computer-that-can-outlive-the-universe/amp/?source=images

Attached: crystalcomputer (1).jpg (560x482, 46K)

If theres an afterlife everyone in this board is going to hell anyways so don't worry about it either way we're fucked. Who knows maybe the dimension that we are in is hell and we are being punished for doing something horrible in our previous higher plane of existence.

>Radio Active
>radio active
>radioactive

Gnosticism