/smg/ - Stock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Attached: 1512147660731.jpg (1745x1067, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1j5lzT2pVU
knowyourmeme.com/memes/sminem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2nd dead cat bounce edition?

>no edition

Attached: 998997.png (665x556, 489K)

Dead Cat Bounce Monday, crash Tuesday.
Today was just because the Orange man opened his mouth.

USE 1BROKER EASY LEVERAGE IN THE US RETIRE IN A DECADE FROM NOW NO MATTER WHAT MARKET WE ARE IN

>Sir, they FOMOd into the long weekend.

Attached: 1522090816157.png (254x265, 169K)

>no edition
>no link to previous thread

If this thread was a stock, I would short the shit out of it

EXECUTION !
A good execution is what make an idea works and create value for your customers and your shareholders !!!!!

Attached: angry_key.jpg (1600x1200, 215K)

No I sold Half.
What are you gonna do big guy?

why is this dumb shit so funny? ...oh god, am i a brainlet?

The bogs haven't witnessed you, that's why

youtube.com/watch?v=V1j5lzT2pVU

It's deeper than you think.

How’s your year been? I was all in leveraged in gAyMD I sold at its peak though thankfully. Now I’m in various etf’s an Apple and things have been a lot smoother

Attached: 05E1FD1B-E27F-4BA7-85CF-A40C644B54C0.png (750x1334, 95K)

It's crashing again.

Attached: 1518676711869.jpg (726x459, 101K)

This absolutely kills me, some random russian boy has been made into a meme as the savior of crypto and probably has no fucking clue.

>Nasdaq up 2.5%
>crashing

Attached: 1229531276732.gif (160x120, 934K)

If I ever found a new company I would definitely call it Sminem LLC or something like that

>been on biz since feb 2017
>stopped trading crypto after last october
>have no idea what this meme means

can I get a rundown?

It's far from crashing, I wish it was, but come on let's be realistic. At least for today, this bitch is green.

>power hour
Come on Sunrun stay at $9

Attached: 1520022010104.png (839x526, 25K)

knowyourmeme.com/memes/sminem

aww leftypol gets btfo for the umpteenth time this year

Attached: 1509749882008.jpg (125x120, 3K)

>leftypol
What the hell are you talking about, i'm short on the market not a marxist.

I have the ultimate question: can BGFV hit $10 by October? I doubt the mid teens, but how far can meme magic carry this sporting goods store?

Attached: 1522285361406.jpg (228x206, 13K)

he thinks shorting is unamerican

theres no difference

sp500 3000 end of year, economy is BASED
you lose

>US portfolio up 6% for the day
>still down 4% for the week

The recovery will continue after Easter right?

Oh wow

Attached: 1518833047410.jpg (1200x675, 179K)

Is bagholder here? I think he killed himself yesterday.

Only if you believe in the Easter Bunny

question for anyone who knows more about covered calls

so lets say that im neutral to bearish on my long position in the near term. my options (kek) are limited for strikes to sell at on the underlying (every 2.50). what is the major drawback for selling calls that are already ITM? i understand if you get assigned, then it will call away your stock at the strike price, which if its ITM, would cause you to sell at a "loss" (which should be the same as the premium more or less, id assume).

are there any other drawbacks to selling calls ITM that im missing? it seems like the far better premiums you can get are worth it if you think the stock is going to go down in the near term anyways.

My top performer

Attached: 20180329_143511.png (720x1043, 66K)

YOU LOST BEARFAG
Admit it and grovel at my feet

Attached: wows_matthewmcconaughey.jpg (980x550, 127K)

I was the one who made that FUD post late Monday night, calling it a dead cat bounce, and it turned out to be spot on.

Today the market went up because the cheto spoke, it's more of the same thing.

Take your profits.

Attached: TQQQ5.png (1822x350, 15K)

Yep, this is essentially correct. Its how to hedge. Its not that likely you'll get exercised and you can always buyback your contract and keep the time and volatility gains.

oh ok
Thanks for the fud user

Attached: 1520458792158.jpg (736x1104, 82K)

I only short as a hedge because Im not a poor gambling commie fag

Attached: 1513465090886.jpg (800x800, 93K)

>I only short as a hedge
Implying that is any better

Is today a good day to load up on some Long puts? I feels like earnings next month is going to fuck over this market. Look what happened to OLED

I bought Amazon literally a day before the Bloomberg published the rumor Trump was going to go after Amazon soon and only a few days before Trump literally tweeted against Amazon.

How fucking retarded am I exactly?

dont talk to me loser

I think I'm on board with you my dude. I had a bad feeling about Monday and should have taken profits then.

such a coward

I did include a link to the previous thread

Have fun getting margin called on your short :^)

You can't see the future, Satan.

FOMO/10

SPY is up on such a low volume today
I wonder what might happen on monday...

Attached: reservoir_bogs.png (2381x1701, 224K)

word, thats what i assumed.
one more question if you have time. if the options market has no or low volume, i wont be able to sell a contract no matter what i set my limit at, right? theres a couple relatively quiet REITs i wanna hedge against in the near term and this seems like the best bet (im very inexperienced with covered calls obviously), but i cant seem to sell a contract no matter how hard i try.

apologies for being a noob (and i do greatly appreciate the response), i normally just do swings and quick stuff and speculative plays when i use options, but im trying to set up some decent hedges on some REITs for longterm dividend type shit (and to lock some of my money away from myself to keep me from small speccing it all away like a tard) so this is uncharted waters for me.

Where did the Bogdanoff meme begin and why?

Jow Forums and because they got tired of blaming hebrews for everything

oh no I longed TQQQ because most of the Volume from two days felt like it was short, and people where going to unwind their positions. And top of that Covergirl was go gonna speak today.

when I see 5+ Million Volume bars on my 30 minute, that's my signal.

Attached: American3.png (1840x1768, 148K)

As for the origin, nobody can know for sure but I think that's part if their success : a mysterious origin
They are popular because they are twins, look weird and happen to have exploitable pictures in which they are phoning

Are you Zuckerberg trying to analyse and undersrtand what humans call "funny" ?

I should have guessed. Thanks.

congrats on losing both the election, and your money

Attached: 12317956_144209375943194_287605545_n.jpg (480x480, 40K)

We heard you the first time faggot.

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A RED DAY WHAT THE FUCK

dont ever reply to me again

Did (Comfy) take the money and run yet?

All these gains!

Attached: 1480641228575.png (984x1310, 848K)

Im not an expert and I'm still learning how to play options myself so no problem. Its hard to sell options contracts on low volume or low open interest option contracts are correct.

See pic for example, it will be easier to open and sell a contract to a strike that has the most open interest and volume. Thinks far out of the money generally dont see action unless the strike price changes a lot.

Attached: Open Interest.png (1640x491, 65K)

I can't wait to wake up on Monday and see my gains wiped out.

Attached: goodnig-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (243x207, 17K)

Feeling comfy with this put

Attached: Screenshot_20180329-155041.png (1080x1920, 119K)

>not locking in 50% of your gains end of day
ok 1 post by this id

NO. I transfered it from GDAX to my bank account, and now it's on it's way to robinhood. The fund officially starts on the 2nd. Right now I'm thinking
40% Big5 calls
30% junk bond puts
20% AMRS calls
10% QD calls

Damn didn't know dropbox had options open yet, last couple of days there was nothing. This stock is going to be a joke, good move.

Hell yeah

>gains

We are locked into a bearish trend my friend. Look at the Chart, double top.

Attached: image (1).png (500x313, 233K)

>he thinks it's just a meme

Who here picked up tvix on the dip. We /tvix/ now.

Attached: 1499537895768.jpg (560x1920, 286K)

I think that:

Gold
Stocks
Currency
Cryptos
Real Estate

are all overvalued relative to current purchasing power. I believe that we'll all get poorer.

How do I bet on current purchase power? I basically want to hold fiat money that won't hyperinflate or physical goods without the depreciation that comes with it.

I would wait until Monday in case we have a dead cat bounce.

Attached: image.png (484x600, 47K)

Their faces were spammed on Jow Forums for like a week and then someone asked for a "quick rundown on the meme" and got this long copypasta about them speaking to aliens and shit. It has taken off since then and is now a Jow Forums and Jow Forums staple.

Attached: 1505453080510.jpg (258x544, 32K)

if you believe USD will be going up it won't be depreciating dummy
holding cashh would be your best option

Read my post again. You're the dummy.

yeah all the covered calls i did today were more or less ATM, but there was one that was right in the middle of the strikes i had available that i was trying to weigh my pros and cons with.

thanks for the help bud

That last minute dip. Blood in the streets Monday.

have a good weekend lefttypol, hope you didnt lose all your allowance today

Attached: smug-pepe2.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Whats your guys take on swing trading TVIX, do you think its viable, it has a pretty wide range every day.

Attached: 1500250534550.jpg (615x820, 68K)

you too "large spec"

Sounds like a dangerous game to me but I'm a brainlet.

hey bud, dont post pictures of winners like when youre a loser

do you even realize how much of a loser you are?

Attached: patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg (590x322, 216K)

CPI
its an ETN that tracks the consumer price index. it moves really slowly so ive never thought about trading it, but i use it as an overlay ALL the fucking time. its really handy to compare things against inflation.

Doubling down on your stupidity.
Everything is relative, both currency and everything else can't be down at the same time.
You've just got too many conflicting ideas floating in your head from doomsday preachers

If physical goods are depreciating, what are they depreciating relative to?
If currencies are hyper-inflating, what are they depreciating relative to?

A lot of day traders are doing this, infact tvix is really only meant for this since (((they))) always have aftermarket shennanigans.

You can trade on the RSI for gains everyday; but you'll need to be micromanaging a lot of charts. Its easier to swing trade indexes

I don't think so large spec, thanks for bringing that to my attention

Attached: beingthisdumb.gif (388x259, 53K)

what indexes do you recommend? or at least a rough list i can do some research on?

DIA, QQQ and SPY are a good start.

dang, I wasnt quite right in my prediction

How do I options? Anyone have a good beginners guide?

Attached: 77390B12-F8E5-490B-B445-9D6932453051.jpg (658x662, 69K)

Nice quarter guys. I'll see you tomorrow or monday :-)

Attached: frens.png (790x837, 185K)

dont into options is my advice

Yeah I don't even know what the fuck they are, because Robinhood doesn't have them.

I've made more money in options then I ever did trading stocks. Although It's easy to lose a lot of money really fast if you're not careful.

I got the options beta on Robinhood that's why I want to find out. I have no idea what Im doing though.

Attached: A901F294-D596-4ED4-8217-2C274C73EAA6.jpg (1024x853, 173K)

Really just go to investopedia and read up on calls and puts.

I've played options before and it feels exactly like betting on a horse race.

>options beta on Robinhood
Where even is this, man?

Robinhood approved me for them even though I only have 200 bucks in buying power and don't know what I'm doing. What do?

If you don't do your DD it is nothing more than gambling. Especially short time period options.

APOLOGIZE

Attached: Screenshot_20180329-152253.png (720x1280, 63K)